IGNORED

Nice video on the TI-99/4a

retroclouds

Turns out the cool guys have a TI-99/4a sooner or later.

I started following "usagi eletric" on Youtube because of his most interesting work on the Centurion mini-computer.

Well it turned out, he likes to use Multiplan on the TI-99/4a to keep track of the Centurion opcodes.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Most importantly, the label on his Multiplan disk appears to have not fallen off.

Means it's a bootleg. Only possible explanation.

I'm surprised he has the sidecar train going, honestly. It is a really good illustration of why the P-Box exists.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, JB said:

Means it's a bootleg. Only possible explanation.

I'm surprised he has the sidecar train going, honestly. It is a really good illustration of why the P-Box exists.

I really need to set up my system with all five of the sidecars and document it one of these days (I just need to figure out which box has the Thermal Printer in it so that the full insanity of a complete sidecar setup is on display). Luckily, my dining room table is actually long enough to do this. . .TI, Speech Synthesizer (with the cartridge slot in place), Thermal Printer, 32K, RS-232, p-Code, Video Controller, Disk Controller, Disk Drive (I may even have three original external drives to make it truly complete), and a Telephone Coupler to connect to the RS-232. I could put one of the Hex-Bus sidecars into the mix too, but that wouldn't be period-perfect--and it would clash with the black-and-silver goodness of everything else, even if half of my Hex-Bus peripheral stack is actually in the silvery format that matches the TI or the CC-40.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheBF said:

I am wondering if he will ever get that Centurion machine running.

I hope so - I've been following that with interest! My favourite Mini's are the Data General Nova range, inspired by the book The Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder. It's un-put-downable if you're into the retro machines :thumbsup:

• Like 1