IGNORED

XB 2.7 standalone cartridge

atrax27407

I have to look in all of the files I got from @Gazoo many years ago to see if he built a standalone version. If I do find it, it would still need one of the following to work though: UberGROM, FinalGROM, GRAM Kracker, HSGPL, GRAM Karte, GRAMulator, Maximem, GSIM, or Supermodul II. It should also be possible to remove the extra files from the Suite and update the header, so it should be possible to get there even without an existing standalone image.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

I've got the HSGPL version on my MAME laptop but I was hoping that someone had cobbled together a standalone version similar to SXB or Mechatronic XB.

If you have the HSGPL version, those files can be used to cobble an UberGROM image together that makes the standalone version of the cartridge, as they already have the necessary standalone cartridge header. You could probably just reuse the 512K ROM file from the Triple XB image, as the ROMs are the same for all three XB variants in the cartridge, and that ROM image doesn't have any other programs in it. Then it is just a matter of putting the XB 2.7 GPL files into the 1284 with Tursi's GPL loader.

• Like 1

Does anyone happen to know if there is an XB 2.7 standalone .bin file that can be burned into a cartridge by itself?

AFAIK, you need the AtMega 1284 .bin file (112k?) and the 512K ROM. Two files for the UberGROM. I haven’t seen anyone port it to anything else other than the UG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk