IGNORED

Lid PBox Seperation

dhe

3 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

The tab on the top is apparently mis-aligned with the lip under the front of the case. It just needs to be properly centered.

Exactly, the problem is most likely an alignment issue between the lid and the case. Look carefully to make sure neither part is bent, and look from the side with a flashlight to see where the lid starts binding and work your way towards the edge from there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got a better appreciation for the mechanical engineering that went in to those little pbox clips.

I ended up disconnecting everything and using bubble wrap to set the pbox on it's face with the bottom and back pointing towards me, so I could get a really good view of the clip/lid interaction.

I was able to adjust the geometry on the "bad" clip to the same as the good clip and yes @atrax27407 it was perfect when both clips clicked in to place. It really is a nicely done design.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions

• Like 4

It's good to know that you used some type of protector for the PEB face or sides whenever moving the PEB to one of those positions, I see people move flat screens rt in their faces to without protection. Some just don't care. But plastic and glass get scarred up easily. Great job on the clip saga.when there set good they work well. And guess what? Yup, there metal and won't just snap. Can you imagine if they were plastic? Would they still be around today?

It sometimes takes a lot of fiddling and re-trying to get the metal “lip” on the lid to hook under the edge of the front panel just right so that it doesn’t lift up or leave a gap as it’s lowered in back. It has to be perfectly centered and inserted at just the right angle. Then the hooks in back are also finicky and sometimes need to be moved up or down, bent slightly, or pulled back as the lid is lowered. Then at other times it just fits perfectly and locks tight. I accepted all this as a fact of life around 1985.

• Like 1