IGNORED

HRD4000 used sectors

Lumpy

I finally got all my parts in to complete one of my HRD4000 cards and for the most part it appears to be working correctly. This card is built as  2 meg card and I have a question about used sectors. I run the CFG program and load the ROS which loads up with no errors. I then go to format the disks and I can setup and format three large disks, two of 3200 sectors and the remaining one is 1784 sectors if I recall correctly. If I then go to a disk manager program and catalog the disks, it shows a number of used sectors on all three even though the disks are blank. The first and second 3200 sector disks show 2703 sectors free and 497 used while the smaller 1784 sector disk shows 1033 free and 751 used. I suspect this has something to do with the large size but I am not sure. Do I need to make more smaller drives?

That does not sound right at all. There should be a few used sectors (for the header and the used sector table), just like for a normal disk, but not such a huge number as you are showing. I usually use DSKU to look at my disks, as it is expecting the larger disk sizes due to its recognition of 720K out of the box.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lumpy said:

I was using DM1000 included on the ROS disk. I just tried it with DM2K and it reports 3198 free and 2 used. I'll try DSKU as well. Thanks for the help.

Which ROS and CFG disk (and version) are you using?  If DM1000 is included with the files that I released, I need to make some adjustments :)  I also noticed just now that the release files are not on Github, so I will make a note to update the repository.  (see signature) 

• Like 1