IGNORED

Seen in the National Museum of Iceland, Reykjavik

Inky

4 hours ago, atari2600land said:

I'm equally stunned they found a vcr as well. Perhaps they could find an old TV, put the cartridge in the 7800, and let people play it.

Not hard to find a vcr. I can buy 5 or 10 on any given day. 

A top load vcr would be a bit harder to find. 

Wait.. this is Iceland. Both are impressive. 

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 2

I love it when video game consoles (and classic computers) appear in museum exhibits! Thank-you for this. 

Is there any larger context, or is this just random examples of 1980s technology?

The Royal British Columbia Museum, for example, had glass cabinets showing popular culture through the decades. Amongst the music posters, etc. was a NES representing the 1980s.    

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

For the 7800, they are well executed and fun to play.  They could have had Hat Trick and Jinks in there, you know.

Maybe I'm easily entertained, but whatever.

Agreed!

Mario Bros. is one of the most played games in my (fairly respectable) 7800 collection...

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 6:36 AM, jhd said:

I love it when video game consoles (and classic computers) appear in museum exhibits! Thank-you for this. 

Is there any larger context, or is this just random examples of 1980s technology?

The Royal British Columbia Museum, for example, had glass cabinets showing popular culture through the decades. Amongst the music posters, etc. was a NES representing the 1980s.    

I think it's just a random example of technology. The exhibits next to it have different eras of tech in icelandic history 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1