IGNORED

Happy Birthday Atari

StickJock

Got my 400, Educator Kit and Pac-Man 40 years ago at Target.  Like thousands of other kids, the first thing I did was change the real capital of my state to my hometown in "State and Capitals" BASIC program.

The 8-bit was like an onion, with seemingly endless layers of things to discover and learn.  Despite all the mistakes Warner Atari made, I'll always be grateful they green-lighted the home computers and mass-marketed them.

400.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Philsan said:

One of the "Atari" anniversary logos converted with Rastaconverter.

Philsan_Atari50.png.872009f2730c8cb947674267be1bc879.png

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/200118-images-generated-by-rastaconverter/?do=findComment&comment=5079638

Part of this picture is in my production for sv22se, so you're not alone converting it to a8?

Many thanks to Ted and Nolan founding this great company that produced our beloved machines. 

• Like 2

Since we are sharing - this is my home office/gaming corner - Mostly Atari 8-bit and Jaguar, (as also shared with my PC laptop/VR setup and electronics/soldering bits n bobs) - total dump as you can see  - but it's mine!!! :lust:

Happy Birthday Atari (and those whose birthday's are imminent)! 

image.thumb.png.f446b048266b9484a038a6d15dfbad28.png      image.thumb.png.ec911031f597182da1e367921b4dc359.png   

• Like 11

I was already 4 years old when Atari was born. I'll be 54 this August.

Happy Birthday to Nolan and Ted's Atari. Original slogan: Innovative Leisure. Because of them founding Atari, my life was significantly changed in incalculable ways forever. The only company ever to be prominent enough in my life to do that. If only they could have found the investors to keep Atari in their hands and not become incorporated and begin the end of their Atari. 

But hells bells, if it weren't for Ted and Nolan and their Atari, the entire world today would be a much different place. And who knows if not only video games would have become a billion dollar industry or an industry at all without Atari. Who can say if computers would have still had graphic displays or play anything we consider to be a videogame today.

Would there have been an Apple if Steve Jobs and Wozniak had never had the experience of working at Atari? Would we even have personal/home computers at all? No smart phones, tablets, etc. the ripple effect/butterfly effect Atari made on the world and electronics industry is infinitely staggering and who could know what types of consumer tech consumer or business and industry levels would exist today.

Even companies like Facebook, Amazon, Paypal, Space X, etc., etc. etc. probably would not ultimately exist without Atari that lead to Apple and other tech companies that brought the world to were it is today. Not even a Bill Gates and Windows and Microsoft and all that ultimately entails today have even existed without the founding of Atari and eventually Apple, etc,? 

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I was already 4 years old when Atari was born. I'll be 54 this August.

Happy Birthday to Nolan and Ted's Atari. Original slogan: Innovative Leisure. Because of them founding Atari, my life was significantly changed in incalculable ways forever. The only company ever to be prominent enough in my life to do that. If only they could have found the investors to keep Atari in their hands and not become incorporated and begin the end of their Atari. 

But hells bells, if it weren't for Ted and Nolan and their Atari, the entire world today would be a much different place. And who knows if not only video games would have become a billion dollar industry or an industry at all without Atari. Who can say if computers would have still had graphic displays or play anything we consider to be a videogame today.

Would there have been an Apple if Steve Jobs and Wozniak had never had the experience of working at Atari? Would we even have personal/home computers at all? No smart phones, tablets, etc. the ripple effect/butterfly effect Atari made on the world and electronics industry is infinitely staggering and who could know what types of consumer tech consumer or business and industry levels would exist today.

Even companies like Facebook, Amazon, Paypal, Space X, etc., etc. etc. probably would not ultimately exist without Atari that lead to Apple and other tech companies that brought the world to were it is today. Not even a Bill Gates and Windows and Microsoft and all that ultimately entails today have even existed without the founding of Atari and eventually Apple, etc,? 

This is why Atari Inc. should be credited with creating our modern world. Without the video game craze that perpetually stimulated the massive demand for better graphics, audio, and ever more powerful microprocessors and RAM, there wouldn't be a personal computer industry. There'd still be expensive mainframes, time share computing schemes, and dumb terminals. Sure, we'd probably still ended up with analog HDTV - since Japan's "MUSE" system was invented by the US but not adopted by it - but we'd be using HD video tapes. The "web" would be an experience via devices like the French Minitel system leased by the phone companies. MaBell in the US would still exist because they wouldn't have insisted on the right to sell AT&T branded personal computers like what happened in our time line.

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Happy Birthday Atari!!!

My turn tomorrow.. 

My turn today too (which is tomorrow your time). There you go, we grew up with Atari. My first machine was an 800XL in the very early 80's. Thank you Nolan.

• Like 1

And a happy birthday to you, same story with me, I even sold them for a living..

Thank you Nolan for a wonderful series of machines and of course a big thanks to the late Jay Miner for a wonderful platform to work, play and code on..

3 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

And a happy birthday to you, same story with me, I even sold them for a living..

Thank you Nolan for a wonderful series of machines and of course a big thanks to the late Jay Miner for a wonderful platform to work, play and code on..

@Mclaneinc Happy birthday - go play ya fav A8 game whilst eating lots of cake.:D

• Like 1