IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

I don't know when he started precisely, but it was announced on May 14th. He was introduced as "global managing director" which sounds like someone who would have a material role, but whatever. We don't know precisely when he left, but it was "during Summer", and he doesn't appear in the August 5th event, which was probably recorded at least a few days in advance.

So "several months" doesn't seem accurate. Weeks, not months™️ sounds better.

The note they filed with SEC said his full-time advisor role ended October 21.  And I wouldn't expect to see him in any videos.  We haven't seen half of the founding partners either.

52 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

??????

Oh, come on. It's been 'mostly developed' for the past two years. They're just not going to get rid of that troubling 'mostly' any time soon and I dare say that's why he left.

Sometimes it's the last 10% that can take half of the total time.  Hardware was done last year according to filings.  In this case, regarding Allard, the SEC file said "final stages of Amico hardware development".

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I liked it for it being a cheap simple game console. With having a young kid I loved the idea of a Baby Beef's first console type thing. 

I have worked with kids who do play games unhealthy and liked the idea of them being smaller/more arcade like. Really something like this in the $150-$180 range could find a niche. 

It would not be a disruptor or anything. And they screwed the pooch by making it the Homer car.

While it is way overpriced for what it is I still wish it would come out and maybe be successful enough for them to go back to do it again but correctly. That's a stretch and will most likely never happen in terms of being successful or them trying again.

I have to admit, now that I cancelled the founders...the price now is WAY WAY too high. It was way too high with the founders. So I guess I'm out of interest in getting one unless they bring those costs way down.

Quite frankly, I can't see how any are going to move at the prices they mentioned recently.

This should have been $199 at the very max.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Sometimes it's the last 10% that can take half of the total time.  Hardware was done last year according to filings.  In this case, regarding Allard, the SEC file said "final stages of Amico hardware development".

Having brought up the 90-90 rule in connection with the Amico before, I wouldn't disagree.

Also, that last 10% is probably going to take even longer now that they've got no money, no offices and most of the staff appear to have moved on.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

Having brought up the 90-90 rule in connection with the Amico before, I wouldn't disagree.

Also, that last 10% is probably going to take even longer now that they've got no money, no offices and most of the staff appear to have moved on.

Not true. If this thread is any indication, J. Allard's significant contribution will easily push it to launch. After all they never SAID he didn't provide a significant contribution and never SAID it won't launch.

If you ask, I'm going to split hairs and say "it depends on what your definition of <insert word here is>."

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

I like to think people are seeing that comment who are not in on the joke.  ?

I know! My wife always shakes her head when I call it that.

1 hour ago, ashtonm said:

I have to admit, now that I cancelled the founders...the price now is WAY WAY too high. It was way too high with the founders. So I guess I'm out of interest in getting one unless they bring those costs way down.

Quite frankly, I can't see how any are going to move at the prices they mentioned recently.

If you would have talked to me around the time the FE were offered, I really thought it was a testing ground to show that people will buy it at a higher price. Then it slowly crept up to $250.

This thing should have been gutted a long time ago. LEDs, extra boards inside, touchscreens, Rfid, aren't necessary and the best game to show off said controllers showed them off to not be good. They Homer Simpson it all up.

The price of the console was never going to drop because they were using older and weaker tech to begin with. It willost likely go up due to it being obsolete and not used anymore. They got rid of the options to get white and black to force you to pay the higher ticket. Not because of color, but because they put themselves where they can't sell them for anything less than the new price scheme.

If any Amicos make it out TonyTGD will probably have the most limited shell color of black.

2 hours ago, ashtonm said:

Amico might be successful, of it was redesigned and got rid of the horribly designed touch controllers, got rid of the mobile shovelware and kiddy app ports. Got a few semi big franchises…..but itll never happen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

90% complete?  I thought Amico was touted as being ready to go and only optimization of the backend and OS. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

90% complete?  I thought Amico was touted as being ready to go and only optimization of the backend and OS. 

We were talking about Allard when he was there in 2020 during the final stages of hardware development.  Since then, hardware has been reported to be 100% done.

Edited by mr_me

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

We were talking about Allard when he arrived in 2020 during the final stages of hardware development.  Since then, hardware has been reported to be 100% done.

Please clarify what “hardware 100% done” is precisely. 

Hardware designed, and all materials lined up/purchased/secured and ready to be put on an actual assembly line? 

or

Hardware is designed on a computer.  And they have a a tiny amount of physical proto machines. 

or

You dont actually know

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I was speaking to the people who keep discussing the console, like its still coming out. The Amico - in its current form - will never see the light of day on retail shelves. I’m not the controlling type, but nice try anyway. ?

Sorry- full apologies. I lumped your comment in with the Amico cult backtracking group who keep concern trolling these boards with “seriously why are we still talking about Amico?” Nonsense. Sorry about that, you didn’t deserve it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Hardware designed, and all materials lined up/purchased/secured and ready to be put on an actual assembly line? 

or

Hardware is designed on a computer.  And they have a a tiny amount of physical proto machines. 

or

You dont actually know

From everything I could see, they had a small run of prototype/test boards and plastics made.  The hardware design might've been "done" but I don't think it was finished.  They obviously never completed FCC  testing/certification, because the documentation would be on file.  There's zero chance of them getting the testing done and NOT filing it.  So I don't buy any "oh we got it done but just didn't send it in" -dog ate my homework level excuses.  They also need safety testing for the battery stuff and that didn't get done either. 

My theory is that they contracted with Ark for manufacturing and then their thing didn't pass testing.  They either couldn't or didn't bother to make it pass, and just kind of gave up on it.  Even if the hardware was finished, the software was far, far from it and it was not anywhere near a shippable state.  Everything we've seen (including the bomb squad developer cameo) proves this.

The controllers were very ill-equipped to deal with the task given to them, and I am 100% convinced they were designed to be literal 2018 versions of the original controllers, displaying static overlay graphics.  Pressing them to do animations and graphics and such is well beyond their current capabilities and it definitely shows.  Not having face buttons at all was one of the most idiotic design decisions possible, and literally anyone with a pulse would know that using a touch screen as button(s) was 100% unworkable- especially for action oriented games.

The real question is who was behind forcing that controller down the throats of everyone working for INTV and their potential customer base?  It was a red flag big enough to see from space, and obviously their original investor(s) took one look at it and noped out. 

It was hard sitting back watching tommy bloviate and lie all the time knowing full well how the sausage was made.  I didn't say anything because I would've been insta-banned if I did.  Tommy claimed I didn't know what I was talking about and he had more knowledge and experience than me.  Well, I do have to say it's been fun seeing exactly how that one turned out.  He pretty much followed the exact trajectory I was expecting. 

In the end it sure looks like tommy and friends had a 3 year long all expenses paid party and vacation.  The party had to end at some point, and the money ran out eventually.  Their stupidly insane expensive office was just the cherry on the turd sandwich.  There's zero reason for having that space they had- the original back room of a warehouse they were using before was perfectly fine.   You can tell the place was massive and maybe only 10% of it was being actively used.  That's just a huge money sink burning capital that could be going into R&D, bug fixes, manufacturing, or keeping the lights on longer to get things finished.  This is how I know they were just in it to party and put on a facade for potential investors to keep their party going longer.  If they were serious, there would've been a ton of working at home, and much lower class digs.  In the end nick was using it as a literal junk yard instead of for intellivision.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

On 7/6/2022 at 1:42 AM, MrBeefy said:

I just heard that the address on the new trademark is for a UPS store. 

New partnership?

*Edit:Screenshot_20220706-004449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.69a8ee79b3aee8c2737de2059687ba17.jpgScreenshot_20220706-004700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.793c02cf4360ff4c931ca119ba36d58c.jpg

Minor clarification. The trademark correspondence for the -new- filing remains as always with their current attorney. No change.

The address above is for Intellivision, as it states.

Although the idea of writing to a trademark sounds amusing, I think the conversation would be somewhat one-sided.

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

We were talking about Allard when he was there in 2020 during the final stages of hardware development.  Since then, hardware has been reported to be 100% done.

It's 100% done for, more like.

Anyway, let me introduce you to Intellivision's new spokesman.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/86368172/the-hardware-is-100-done-it-turns-out-that-we-never-needed-any-offices-staff-or-money-to-make-it-aft.jpg

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Rev said:

or

or

You dont actually know

You'd have to ask them what they mean.  But for me it would be a prototype, specifically a pre-production prototype that they can give a manufacturer that would be the model for manufacturing production.

1 hour ago, kevtris said:

My theory is that they contracted with Ark for manufacturing and then their thing didn't pass testing.  They either couldn't or didn't bother to make it pass, and just kind of gave up on it.  Even if the hardware was finished, the software was far, far from it and it was not anywhere near a shippable state.  Everything we've seen (including the bomb squad developer cameo) proves this.

According to their engineer, they passed rf emmissions testing last summer. 

That Bomb Squad video was from May 2021, the hardware wouldn't have been finalised at the time.  Apparently, during the pandemic, there were delays getting board revisions, causing firmware programming to wait and then delaying game programming.  Bomb Squad, started later than other Amico games, was put on hold after that video.  Back Talk Party is another game that pushes the controller firmware, and is expected to be a packin.  With a new platform, fixing firmware issues as the first games programmed reveals those issues, would be part of the development process. 

The controller touchscreens were conceived to display information to the player or as an input device.  It wasn't meant for interactive gameplay, but some game developers are trying to do more.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, kevtris said:

From everything I could see, they had a small run of prototype/test boards and plastics made.  The hardware design might've been "done" but I don't think it was finished.  They obviously never completed FCC  testing/certification, because the documentation would be on file.  There's zero chance of them getting the testing done and NOT filing it.  So I don't buy any "oh we got it done but just didn't send it in" -dog ate my homework level excuses.  They also need safety testing for the battery stuff and that didn't get done either. 

The controllers were very ill-equipped to deal with the task given to them, and I am 100% convinced they were designed to be literal 2018 versions of the original controllers, displaying static overlay graphics.  Pressing them to do animations and graphics and such is well beyond their current capabilities and it definitely shows.  Not having face buttons at all was one of the most idiotic design decisions possible, and literally anyone with a pulse would know that using a touch screen as button(s) was 100% unworkable- especially for action oriented games.

The real question is who was behind forcing that controller down the throats of everyone working for INTV and their potential customer base?  It was a red flag big enough to see from space, and obviously their original investor(s) took one look at it and noped out. 

It was hard sitting back watching tommy bloviate and lie all the time knowing full well how the sausage was made.  I didn't say anything because I would've been insta-banned if I did.  Tommy claimed I didn't know what I was talking about and he had more knowledge and experience than me.  Well, I do have to say it's been fun seeing exactly how that one turned out.  He pretty much followed the exact trajectory I was expecting. 

In the end it sure looks like tommy and friends had a 3 year long all expenses paid party and vacation.  The party had to end at some point, and the money ran out eventually.  Their stupidly insane expensive office was just the cherry on the turd sandwich.  There's zero reason for having that space they had- the original back room of a warehouse they were using before was perfectly fine.   You can tell the place was massive and maybe only 10% of it was being actively used.  That's just a huge money sink burning capital that could be going into R&D, bug fixes, manufacturing, or keeping the lights on longer to get things finished.  This is how I know they were just in it to party and put on a facade for potential investors to keep their party going longer.  If they were serious, there would've been a ton of working at home, and much lower class digs.  In the end nick was using it as a literal junk yard instead of for intellivision.

Thanks for the detailed information and theory!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevtris said:

Hard to work in a word such as bloviate and it make sense, but you certainly….nailed it ?

Sad to me for the folks that lost pre order money and that are die hard INTV fans. It tarnished the name for sure.

Edited by MarioMan88
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kevtris said:

It boils down to he had issues with you because you knew what he said was BS. If you didn't swallow the tripe as he served it the CEO would have issues with you and encourage those who did swallow all the tripe to go out there and attack those who didn't.

It is ironic in a sense because that behavior is what turned a lot of fans of Amico like myself off. I even told the guy I wished him well and liked the idea. I really wish AL hadn't deleted one of his last comments on AA mentioning my family. It was a perfect example as to how one the person running the company had his priorities all messed up.

Unless his only priority was to get people who follow him to attack people who, knew what they were talking about,  noticed inconsistencies, and/or wanted to discuss freely.

So many people wanted to see this succeed and quite frankly he made a meme of himself and the Intellivision name.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Sad to me for the folks that lost pre order money

When did they SAY they lost money? IE never said that. They only.... can't pay for refunds. Somehow that's different! (Okay, okay, I'm done with knife twisting.)

Anyone got any more of those fat, aged nerds talking about what each other said? It's my crack at this point.

• Haha 4

On 7/14/2022 at 8:01 PM, ashtonm said:

Mr Me has been consistent this whole time. I can only imagine he has invested in the effort. I was surprised to see defending at this point. There are a few out there still somewhat defending...but not many. 

Stop the production line. Found some concrete documentation that he is an investor, its in black and white so it must be true. 

BE13CEAE-17F5-4D01-8C57-25697189A7DF.jpeg