IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

Tears are being cleaned up after losing the FCC debate. 

Oh that's what it is? I didn't know it was a debate, since it is easy to fact check. They don't have certs that is easily checked by doing a simple search.

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I liked the ‘shops where it was ambiguous where you stood, where they could either be loving or mocking, depending how one looked at it. 

Art can be subjective.

A lot of those said Photoshops were created within the context and flow of a particular forum discussion. Those images (alone and just by themselves without any real context) are often misinterpreted or misconstrued.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So I just wanted to show off the newest game footage from an upcoming game EXCLUSIVELY on Amico!

This is an AA exclusive. BEWM! Miyamoto-san would be proud. The game is titled, Wouldn't That Be Something?

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx-E_TIEHhoKs_OhLI7eh0Ny2LUmT1e0IX

The 1st hour is riveting and groundbreaking, then it kinda trails off...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

One thing Mr Me can’t refute, deny or debate. Intellivision isn’t sending those refunds out.

But, but... Phil said they're trying. ?

3 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

Art can be subjective.

Indeed. I particularly liked the one with the bird's eye view of the Santa Ana HQ with all the small details. ? I also found the ones with Pat and Ian cute rather than mean in general.

The irony is when you arrived in the AtariAge Q&A thread, the Amico fans suspected you were Flojomojo's alt account because of the ambiguity of your art while later on, 'haters' assumed you were on the payroll. ? But even if you were, using your art without asking is rude. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Indeed. I particularly liked the one with the bird's eye view of the Santa Ana HQ with all the small details. ? I also found the ones with Pat and Ian cute rather than mean in general.

The HQ Dev-Kit Assembly Photoshop was really a lot of fun to make. The inclusion of a Footbath, J Allard and Prince Harry were late additions.

I happen to think Pat & Ian are two rather entertaining individuals. Especially when it comes to their Amico content.

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

The irony is when you arrived in the AtariAge Q&A thread, the Amico fans suspected you were Flojomojo's alt account because of the ambiguity of your art while later on, 'haters' assumed you were on the payroll. ? But even if you were, using your art without asking is rude. ?

I don't know much about Flojomojo. I guess at the time I was late to the party? But, I did read somewhere that he was throwing shade on the Atari VCS with images of his own creation?

If you visit the Intellivision Shop you'll see a few old-school box art t-shirt designs. I was a hired-gun to work on those shirts and also had artistic freedom to create a couple of my own ideas. Plus, some other bits and bobs that may never see the light of day.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

I don't know much about Flojomojo. I guess at the time I was late to the party? But, I did read somewhere that he was throwing shade on the Atari VCS with images of his own creation?

Yes, Flojomojo was known for being sarcastic and posted a lot of pictures, although not at the same level as yours technically speaking. It just shows how much some Amico fans were completely paranoid at the time. It was a literal witch hunt.

47 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

If you visit the Intellivision Shop you'll see a few old-school box art t-shirt designs. I was a hired-gun to work on those shirts and also had artistic freedom to create a couple of my own ideas. Plus, some other bits and bobs that may never see the light of day.

I just hope you were not responsible for that 'montage':

unnamed.png.ff1be6987b096e803e4b50b2d6e24529.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

The HQ Dev-Kit Assembly Photoshop was really a lot of fun to make. The inclusion of a Footbath, J Allard and Prince Harry were late additions.

I happen to think Pat & Ian are two rather entertaining individuals. Especially when it comes to their Amico content.

Thank you for the background stories. :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I assure you this game tested extremely well with Grandmas.  

This reminds me of a joke from a French comedian portraying an old man, explaining how awful his life has become: "I spend the day in front of the television... And when I turn it on, it's even worse!"

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, MattPilz said:

That excerpt makes me dizzy. It's about 10 seconds cut into a dozen 1-2 second clips. Not any clearer than the family trailer or E3 trailer. The on-screen instructions do indicate the positioning is optional, even that I think there are too many steps and instructions for anyone to seriously use that feature. It also disrupts the otherwise fast flow of the game and really takes away from the nature of the physical game where it's just one person throwing after the other in quick succession. 

I still don't really understand the positioning feature as I'd assume 99% of the time the player will want to be targeting right on the hole. That whole optional setup could've really been omitted for the sake of simplicity.

image.thumb.png.cd77e2d0f5b7c3ca3b98de0b52499d39.png

image.thumb.png.4dab6bbc0b04ca02d5508d9e2eaf426e.png

image.png.c61bcda20c18c969ebfa0ad271503838.png

+

What I don't understand is why they position the dpad/disc at the top instead of the bottom like the Switch or Wii controllers would?!  You would think that is the most logical way to play a motion controlled game.  Even the Amico couldn't get that simple part of it right.  At this point, they are truly the "Charlie Brown" of modern video games.  They kill everything they touch!

image.jpeg.0079f0f8d9c8d2be4e99b0394cbe59b3.jpeg

image.jpeg.6dec09c5f3874bed004533bcaf614ce4.jpeg

image.jpeg.caea254ce07b7a17227e5186bf1a9a2b.jpeg

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

this game right here is no different than the Amico version. 

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx3GPwD3UjQ0X0gEgOR95RiwhdNLW83zk4

At least Party Arcade had potential on the Switch until they decided to make it a 1 person only local game.  You needed another Switch or online to play with someone else.  Who the hell makes a game like that?! ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

What you are saying is exactly the opposite what was shown in the video.  I went back and watched their video (20 mins in) and they say themselves it was like Wii Bowling at first, but their controllers couldn’t handle it. TT even said it worked okay with the phone app. So they added this steps. For reference there are like 4 things you have to “lock in” before you throw the bag. Also at no point did they say that these steps were optional. Here is the video for reference:

And guess who paid for their lunches that day?  Those who got suckered into purchasing something that wasn't even made yet!  On one hand I feel for those people who still haven't got a refund, but on the other hand, if it were me, and it's not, I would use that as a lesson to NEVER purchase anything that doesn't physically exist.  Whenever I see a pre-order for anything, I just shake my head and think, I guess there are some people who just have money to burn.  I will wait until I can pick it up at the store thanks! ?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

And guess who paid for their lunches that day?  Those who got suckered into purchasing something that wasn't even made yet!  On one hand I feel for those people who still haven't got a refund, but on the other hand, if it were me, and it's not, I would use that as a lesson to NEVER purchase anything that doesn't physically exist.  Whenever I see a pre-order for anything, I just shake my head and think, I guess there are some people who just have money to burn.  I will wait until I can pick it up at the store thanks! ?

Yup look at us we are here in the office going to deliver you what we promised. Please don't listen to haters who are correct when they say something is wrong.

Thanks for the free lunch.

Ps: eff you suckers!!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Yup look at us we are here in the office going to deliver you what we promised. Please don't listen to haters who are correct when they say something is wrong.

Thanks for the free lunch.

Ps: eff you suckers!!!!

The best part of the video is when TT is talking and (I guess) there’s people laughing/talking behind him, so moved the camera and is like “you guys laughing? What’s going on? What’s funny?” And the dudes are like “No, no, it’s fine”. Such an awkward Michael Scott moment. It’s right before the Cornhole part.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

On one hand I feel for those people who still haven't got a refund, but on the other hand, if it were me, and it's not, I would use that as a lesson to NEVER purchase anything that doesn't physically exist.

I have a different take.  It is $100

If this is changing your life, you should not have A) put a down payment in the first place. B) promised to send another $150

It is wrong that if you have asked for a refund and don't get it.  No doubt.

But really, It is a tank of gas or a week of SH!TTY Starbucks coffee.  2 or 3 days for many people I know.

The part outside of No Amico for me, is I sold off a bunch of my homebrews and rarer items to buy a new kick ass TV when Amico Launches.

I still don't have that TV yet!

Is it a blessing or a curse?  Newer TV's are better.  The 2022 lineup is almost here.   

TT is looking out for me!  He knows when the QDOLED's are going to be available and the launch will coincide. 

5 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I have a different take.  It is $100

If this is changing your life, you should not have A) put a down payment in the first place. B) promised to send another $150

It is wrong that if you have asked for a refund and don't get it.  No doubt.

But really, It is a tank of gas or a week of SH!TTY Starbucks coffee.  2 or 3 days for many people I know.

The part outside of No Amico for me, is I sold off a bunch of my homebrews and rarer items to buy a new kick ass TV when Amico Launches.

I still don't have that TV yet!

So a little bit of fraud is OK, since it's only 100 bucks?  Multiply that fraud by a few thousand and it's still only a hundred bucks per.  no big deal.

I don't know how much starbucks you drink, but I'd hope $100 worth would last more than a week unless you're going for the world's biggest person competition.  My tank of gas lasts 4 weeks and is in the $30 range, so $100 would be around 3 months worth.

Why would you sell stuff to buy a new TV to play amico on?  those are only a few hundred bucks after all.  At least you can go to the store and buy a new TV today.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4