IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, Lathe26 said:

No, the CEO had nothing to do with Pat's quote.  Pat just straight-up said on camera that he hoped the Amico would turn into the Coleco Chameleon and that that would be great for his ratings.

I took a look for the video, but Pat has simply put out too many videos.  Also, this quote is not in his "Intellivision Amico Coverage" playlist (which alone has 53 videos at this point).

As an aside, if you recall the video you're thinking of, post a link here since it would also be interesting to see the quote you're referring to.  However, I suspect you might run into the same "flood of videos" problem I ran into.

Not true here's a video that a guy made a playlist for. You are repeating what someone WANTED you to think. In fact many times Ian said he found it interesting and that there's nothing wrong with a family friendly console. Ian even said it can be hard to find kid games on the Playstation. I've been listening to this in the background while playing.

I'm to the time after the former CEO crapped himself over Pat saying $200-$300 console and nothing of that nature has been said at all.

I'm partway through their video on the CEO's "apology". And he still hasn't said anything near that and this is after he had started to attack Pat and Ian.

Truth of the matter is the former CEO WANTED you to believe that, and you just accepted it. Truth is that same person had issues with people having opinions that weren't how he told you to think. You can't find it because it doesn't exist.

IF I come across it I will let you know. I have a dungeon to conquer (Children of Morta).

Edit: Example of the CEO encouraging you to think that way. Still looking/listening...

Screenshot_20220706-153554_Chrome.thumb.jpg.02bf3eaeb17be913ca6849faeaab397c.jpg

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Truth of the matter is the former CEO WANTED you to believe that, and you just accepted it. Truth is that same person had issues with people having opinions that weren't how he told you to think. You can't find it because it doesn't exist.

I can't believe we're still talking about that guy. It's as simple as this: who are you going to believe?

A. The person who:

- had several multi-million-dollar fundraisers but never seemed to get off the "launchpad"

- had a product to sell, a "legacy" to build, and name-dropped constantly to impress people

- had huge motivation to embellish his credentials and capabilities

- showed a strong fear of criticism or losing investors

- has demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that he was in way over his head from the very beginning

- had promised a lot, but delivered nothing

- missed multiple deadlines and

- burned millions of dollars in donations/investments/preorders

B. 2 scruffy podcasters with:

- opinions about everything

- a moral compass that says "taking money without giving something back is wrong"

Calling out someone's bullshit is their game, they do it for everything. It's not Pat Contri's fault the Amico team demonstrated humorous incompetence on a weekly basis for years. They gave Amico the benefit of the doubt, but Amico failed to rise to the occasion. They would have talked about it whether it was a success or a failure. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Just read a few comments, dont follow the situation closely, but as everyone on the Internet, I love to share my opinion :D

I hope investors get their console. The whole situation is a complete mess, but may some day at least the pre paid consoles will get delivered. That said: The project was insanely naive from the scratch. People are talking of Intellivision Nostalgia... there is no public Intellivision Nostalgia. Ask random people, they have no idea what Intellivision should be. Building a retro hype with a unknown and unimportant (sorry bros, but thats just the truth) brand wasnt very promissing from the beginning and then they increased the estimated price from 150 to what? 300? For a console that plays average Smartphone games, WTF?

It doesnt matter who said anything at any point, the project just feels out of touch with anything. There was at no point a realistic chance for beeing a success, at least not when they raised the estimated price to the current level. Thats way too much for what they ever offered at any point.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

No, the CEO had nothing to do with Pat's quote.  Pat just straight-up said on camera that he hoped the Amico would turn into the Coleco Chameleon and that that would be great for his ratings.

2 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

I recall this as well and it is not fake news.  Pat did say that.  However, as was also pointed out, he also said that he (and maybe Ian too) thought that the former CEO could possibly pull off the Amico. 

Here found where this all came from. Pat on a Twitch stream said that Chameleon was the height of the channel. No where did Pat say in that that he hoped Amico would fail for the same reason. It is something SmashJT, Tommy, and other spun into it. Go to 9:15. This video is actually hilarious because Smash had it so wrong and has changed his tune quite a bit.  Smash mentions his comparisons he makes to the Chameleon but ignores where they clarified it wasn't about Amico being a scam but some of the same talking points.

So yeah something the CEO wanted you to believe was said, but wasn't. I'm still listening to old shows and this is even more out from the CEO crapping his pants and Ian is still saying he likes things about the controller. ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ignorama said:

Just read a few comments, dont follow the situation closely, but als everyone on the Internet, I love to share my opinion :D

I hope investors get their console. The whole situation is a complete mess, but may some day at least the pre paid consoles will get delivered. That said: The project was insanely naive from the scratch. People are talking of Intellivision Nostalgia... there is no public Intellivision Nostalgia. Ask random people, they have no idea what Intellivision should be. Building a retro hype with a unknown and unimportant (sorry bros, but thats just the truth) wasnt very promissing from the beginning and then they increased the estimated price from 150 to what? 300? For a console that plays average Smartphone games, WTF?

It doesnt matter who said anything at any point, the project just feels out of touch with anything. There was at no point a realistic chance for beeing a success, at least not when they raised the estimated price to the current level. Thats way too much for what they ever offered at any point.

I hope everyone gets their console. I hope anyone who invested on republic gets one as well as for them being irresponsible with their trust and money.

Well, little addition/correction: In fact the Intellivision is not unimportant, it had many "firsts" in the history of gaming, like voice acting, download games (even if thats not much to be proud of, lol), 16 bits and a lot more. By important I ment in the perception of the people and there the brand is just not known at all. Not a single person I met in my life, who isnt very closely attached to retro gaming, ever heard of Intellivision. And even in the scene a lot of people may heard the name, but know nothing about the brand. And I think we all aggree: Facts doesnt matter in advertisement, if people think Nintendo invented the Analogue Stick they praise Nintendo for beeing the inventor of the Analogue Stick. You can try to argue with these people by explaining its not true, good luck :lol: From all the brands back then its Atari that people will recognize. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ignorama said:

By important I meant in the perception of the people and there the brand is just not known at all. Not a single person I met in my life, who isnt very closely attached to retro gaming, ever heard of Intellivision.

I tend to agree with that statement, but there are always exceptions to the rules:

A few years ago I was on a business trip and the city I was working in I was lucky enough to have dinner with a Inty homebrew developer.

At dinner I got a copy of his game.  Back at the hotel I entered into the elevator and one other random guy entered with me.  While we were just standing there he noticed the homebrew game box I was carrying and he said, "is that a new Intellivision game?  I had one as a kid... I had no idea that new games are still being made..."

So there is that...  With 3-8 million original consoles made, there are at least a few of the older generations that are still around that have had one that aren't in the retro-scene, or at least heard of it from commercials and whatnot. 

It's been largely forgotten about if they didn't have one.

It's also much different in Europe compared to North America.  In the early eighties Mattel (and Atari) had to deal with high import taxes on video game systems unlike home computer imports.  But in North America the name recognition, with a certain demographic, might surprise.  Less than four million consoles sold but in those days few families had a videogame system, kids still saw the national advertising, catalogs, played it at friends/relatives, etc.

However, the primary demographic they are going for with Amico is too young for that.  For young families, thirty year old parents, the old name on the new company means little.  And the company knows this.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

>IE announces Playmobil game

>IE fails to deliver updates regarding the promised Playmobil game

>Amico begins failing

>IE still hasn't updated on Playmobil

>IE arguably near bankruptcy

Coincidence? I think not.

Isnt Playmobil what people buy when they cant afford LEGO?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rev said:

Forget Amico, Ive been hearing alot of this new Polium NFT console.  Should I invest? It looks promising!

The big question on everyone's lips is whether Polium is the singular form of Polio or a brand of tea that's very popular at the Kremlin. ?

Personally, I hope it dies a miserable death along with the rest of the current NFT games scene. Nothing of value would be lost at all.

That said, I'd give a better chance of coming out than the Amico, but only slightly. We're talking infinitesimals here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ignorama said:

Well, little addition/correction: In fact the Intellivision is not unimportant, it had many "firsts" in the history of gaming, like voice acting, download games (even if thats not much to be proud of, lol), 16 bits and a lot more. By important I ment in the perception of the people and there the brand is just not known at all. Not a single person I met in my life, who isnt very closely attached to retro gaming, ever heard of Intellivision. And even in the scene a lot of people may heard the name, but know nothing about the brand. And I think we all aggree: Facts doesnt matter in advertisement, if people think Nintendo invented the Analogue Stick they praise Nintendo for beeing the inventor of the Analogue Stick. You can try to argue with these people by explaining its not true, good luck :lol: From all the brands back then its Atari that people will recognize. 

I have only seen one Intv console in my life and I is the one I bought off a guy about ten years ago. I have only seen one Colecovision too (don't own). I have seen enough 2600s that I have bought and cleaned up some to give to my siblings since I reduced our 2600 Jr from childhood.

But now you can't find much Atari stuff either around me. The one shop that had something was trying to sell Ms Pacman for like a stupid price and I was like "Nope". 

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Hip Hip Amico!

Darius is that you?

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

The big question on everyone's lips is whether Polium is the singular form of Polio or a brand of tea that's very popular at the Kremlin. ?

Personally, I hope it dies a miserable death along with the rest of the current NFT games scene. Nothing of value would be lost at all.

That said, I'd give a better chance of coming out than the Amico, but only slightly. We're talking infinitesimals here.

Why are you being such a gaming racist hater gatekeeper? They are just trying to bring fun into the world. It isn't for you so you don't get to have an opinion. They must be doing something right for you to hate them. 

:D

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I have only seen one Intv console in my life and I is the one I bought off a guy about ten years ago. I have only seen one Colecovision too (don't own). I have seen enough 2600s that I have bought and cleaned up some to give to my siblings since I reduced our 2600 Jr from childhood. 

I had a Channel F and an Intellivision growing up. I eventually got a Intv 2 and a System Changer and ECS. I also got a 2600 at some point.  I got a System Pro and a System III at some point. They were both new and they both didn't work correctly.  I think I ended up with about 60 games back then. 

A friend had an Intellivision and at least three friends had 2600.

A kid I knew had odyssey 2 but we never played it. 

I never met anyone with a Colecovision. 

Even though I never played with my grandfather, at some point he bought himself an Intv2 because he'd see me playing all the time and he liked some games that I never had. 

• Like 1

To be blunt, the first reply is a mess, especially with all the false assumptions and tangential comments...

... but the 2nd reply fixes things.  The snippet you're referring to in Smash JT's video is very likely the quote I am remember, though I'm not certain if JT included the whole quote or not.

That said, I was not able to find the original complete source of the quote JT used when I went through Pat's entire Amico playlist a few months back.  One quirk of the quote is that Pat says it alone without Ian present.  Smash JT's (now sketchy) video was uploaded Sep 20, 2019.  The only no-Ian video in the playlist before that date doesn't have the quote.

Barring anything new surfacing, I'm going to go with that what I was recalling was composed of 50% of what Pat said mixed 50% with JT putting extra words into Pat's mouth.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:54 PM, Rev said:

Good point. It IS a totally new TM. 

As of today the various websites covering this thread's topic are correcting their information.

Example from Nintendolife

Everyone else is picking up on this correction.

Abandoned (and therefore status changed to dead), yes.

Renewed, no. People confused a status of "live" with the word renewed, which is an action. This action was never taken, nor was it an option. The options were to file a statement of use -or- file a final (5th) extension of 6 months.

A new mark filed instead, which means they are starting the process over again from the beginning. I've already posted what that means.

This buys them time to proceed from "filed" to "registered" status, time they did -not- have with the original filing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

I had a Channel F and an Intellivision growing up. I eventually got a Intv 2 and a System Changer and ECS. I also got a 2600 at some point.  I got a System Pro and a System III at some point. They were both new and they both didn't work correctly.  I think I ended up with about 60 games back then. 

A friend had an Intellivision and at least three friends had 2600.

A kid I knew had odyssey 2 but we never played it. 

I never met anyone with a Colecovision. 

Even though I never played with my grandfather, at some point he bought himself an Intv2 because he'd see me playing all the time and he liked some games that I never had. 

I didn't know anyone that had a colecovision and still have never played one outside of emulation.  But I knew all about it as a kid through TV commercials and catalogs.  It's likely that kids growing up in the later eighties and nineties never heard of this generation of systems.  Although I do hear of 80s/90s kids that fondly remember Intellivision, having it due to older siblings or handed over from other relatives.  So you'd have to be of a certain demographic for the brand to resonate, with less impact as the demographic shifts until it has practically no impact.

At their peak the 2600 was outselling the Intellivision 4:1.  While both systems continued production in the late eighties as budget systems, 2600 production was much higher, maybe higher than 7800 production.  So if you're into retro video games today you're much more likely to see a 2600.  But seeing a system today and brand recognition are two different things.

Edited by mr_me

8 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

To be blunt, the first reply is a mess, especially with all the false assumptions and tangential comments...

... but the 2nd reply fixes things.  The snippet you're referring to in Smash JT's video is very likely the quote I am remember, though I'm not certain if JT included the whole quote or not.

That said, I was not able to find the original complete source of the quote JT used when I went through Pat's entire Amico playlist a few months back.  One quirk of the quote is that Pat says it alone without Ian present.  Smash JT's (now sketchy) video was uploaded Sep 20, 2019.  The only no-Ian video in the playlist before that date doesn't have the quote.

Baring anything new surfacing, I'm going to go with that what I was recalling was composed of 50% of what Pat said quote mixed 50% with JT putting extra words into Pat's mouth.

Well, you are not the only one that recalled what Pat said in the way you originally described as I recalled him saying that on his podcast with Ian present, not on Twitch as I am not into that hardly at all.  Granted, I could be misremembering what exactly he said.  However, I will say that Pat and Ian weren't totally against this in the beginning, but pretty much went totally against them once they started getting called out for their perceived hate and IE started doing crowdfunding.  In the end, Pat and Ian have been (more or less) proven right and IE along with their cult followers wrong. 

That all being said, I do hope the Amico comes out and those wanting this console badly get it.  I do not wish IE and/or its employees any ill will.  I hope it all works out for them.  However, I just don't see that happening.

8 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Baring anything new surfacing, I'm going to go with that what I was recalling was composed of 50% of what Pat said quote mixed 50% with JT putting extra words into Pat's mouth.

I think that's what happened and when discussing it they thought Pat may have too but this is what we came with. If he directly said that Smash would have used that as the "smoking gun". 

3 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

Well, you are not the only one that recalled what Pat said in the way you originally described as I recalled him saying that on his podcast with Ian present, not on Twitch as I am not into that hardly at all. 

I got through 20 episodes last night while binging my game and he had yet to say it. Their E3 coverage is where I stopped. 

What is super funny is listening to the stuff from early on. They were spot on with practically everything to the extent that I wouldn't be surprised if someone inside the company was feeding them information.

It was just smoke and mirrors for him to dismiss what Pat was saying.

I did have a chuckle out loud moment last night when they covered the CEO holding the controller upside down to "troll them".  They talked about how he can't admit to a mistake. It reminded me how he said his incorrect spelling of "Peak" on their videos was a joke innuendo. Couldn't admit the mistake but they corrected it later. ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I think that's what happened and when discussing it they thought Pat may have too but this is what we came with. If he directly said that Smash would have used that as the "smoking gun". 

I got through 20 episodes last night while binging my game and he had yet to say it. Their E3 coverage is where I stopped. 

What is super funny is listening to the stuff from early on. They were spot on with practically everything to the extent that I wouldn't be surprised if someone inside the company was feeding them information.

It was just smoke and mirrors for him to dismiss what Pat was saying.

I did have a chuckle out loud moment last night when they covered the CEO holding the controller upside down to "troll them".  They talked about how he can't admit to a mistake. It reminded me how he said his incorrect spelling of "Peak" on their videos was a joke innuendo. Couldn't admit the mistake but they corrected it later. ?

Yeah, honestly, they were pretty spot on.  I mean, they didn't have any axe to grind or anything with TT and/or IE.  Kudos to them for seeing this project for what it was worth when a lot of others, including myself, really thought that this would (potentially) be great and was in no way, shape, or form a scam.  In words of (former) President George W. Bush, "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

Well, you are not the only one that recalled what Pat said in the way you originally described as I recalled him saying that on his podcast with Ian present, not on Twitch as I am not into that hardly at all.  Granted, I could be misremembering what exactly he said.  However, I will say that Pat and Ian weren't totally against this in the beginning, but pretty much went totally against them once they started getting called out for their perceived hate and IE started doing crowdfunding.  In the end, Pat and Ian have been (more or less) proven right and IE along with their cult followers wrong. 

That all being said, I do hope the Amico comes out and those wanting this console badly get it.  I do not wish IE and/or its employees any ill will.  I hope it all works out for them.  However, I just don't see that happening.

We all misremember things. I am guilty of it! 

Its like the old telephone game.

B68A6F8E-8B52-4ECF-98D5-D742FACADD52.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1