IGNORED

New SIDE3 Loader Testing and Development Thread

1 hour ago, flashjazzcat said:

I need to get the bit file from Candle in order to prepare the flasher, so I'll do that as soon as he becomes talkative on Whatsapp. :)

I hope it goes without saying (because I forgot to say it!) that the new loader is superb and worth every bit of the anticipation we've had for it.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into providing new features and capabilities for our beloved Ataris! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TGB1718  How ya getting on with the beta?  I am loving the advanced file management tools. No more having to pop the SDcard out, boot up my Windows lappy, etc to create or rename folders/files or move/copy them around - plus image creation as well. Just spent a lil time this eve getting to grips with the loader shortut keys among other things  Nice to drive the context menus via the joystick gestures too :lust:

On 7/7/2022 at 4:44 AM, flashjazzcat said:

I've had some kind of malaise the past couple of days which made me want to take to my bed, although I seem to be coming out of it now. I think I need a holiday.

Sorry to hear that Jon ?

Hopefully you are feeling better today :)

1 hour ago, flashjazzcat said:

Thanks Michael. Not feeling as bad today, but still weak as water. Been taking a few chill-out days, anyway.

My wife and I went through something like that about a month ago - pretty much wiped us out for 5 days. Unlike her, I was a wimp and stayed in bed while she still went to work at the hospital. She doesn't work directly with patients, and due to Covid protocols wears a N95 mask, face shield, and gloves, so very little chance of spreading it - whatever it was.

I think you deserve any chill-out days you can get, and sometimes your body throws something at you to make you to slow down for a bit and rest. Take care ;-)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@flashjazzcat glad ya feelin better.  :)

Started watchin part 2 of the beta loader video - will resume watching tmrw but just to say it's really great you have covered the topic of Games and FAT DOS and the potential for future gaming accessing directly from FAT . Incredibly exciting scope there and something I really hope any game developers acknowledge. A big part of keeping something alive  - and especially so for retro gaming systems - is to innovate and that is certainly is what a lot of hardware developers, software and firmware coders on the 8-bit scenes do. :thumbsup: You see it with FUJINET for example.

All innovation on the Atari 8-bit scene benfits the Atari community as a whole and keeps the game, software and hardware developers interested in pushing our fantastic A8s to the limits of their architecture and continues to surprise and delight.

Looking forward to the next bug fix release of the SIDE3 beta and future enhancements, tweaks and functionality. 

• Like 4

FJC - great stuff. I am testing now. Since I was one of the NTSC guys asking for the screen size change I’m showing a before and after image to show how my bottom information text was cutoff before and looks great now. So much more useable for me and my NTSC CRT monitor. Thank you!!

Before:

57A21BDC-D7F0-49F7-A339-0B02363ED839.thumb.jpeg.4c2cf12049a8db327fcee65a0cbfb3ba.jpeg

After:

091D1787-017A-4780-A1C2-68A104C85472.thumb.jpeg.d8de5a5b4a291a3d368f63c6463ddda6.jpeg

• Like 6