IGNORED

ORBITAL WAR (2600)

HSW3ET

Hi guys!
This is my new game for the Atari 2600.

ORBITAL WAR

"Your mission is to defend the Earth by firing ballistic missiles and heavy artillery against the enemy army that is orbiting the planet.
Opposing satellites are spying and blocking your attack! Make your own strategy!"

Ways to play Orbital War:

For 2 PLAYERS [Co-op]:
1 Player with Joystick 1 (Heavy Artillery) and the other Player with Joystick 2 (Ballistic Missiles)

For 1 PLAYER:
1 Player with Joystick 1 (Ballistic Missiles and Heavy Artillery)
1 Player with Joystick 2 (Ballistic Missiles)
1 Player with 2 Joysticks simultaneously (Ballistic Missiles and Heavy Artillery)

This is a game that comes with a Game Board (can also be played without the board) and a Top Secret envelope.

Discover other ways to play Orbital War!

Hope you like it!

As there are a lot of people writing me in private and asking to reserve copies of the games, I decided to open the list of interested parties ahead of schedule.
Here are the coordinates:

ORBITAL WAR (2600) Pre-Order List Open!
Send a message to e-mail [ skyline2600games@gmail.com ] with the title (Subject): ORBITAL WAR - "Your name" (Example: ORBITAL WAR - Robert Smith) and wait for our return with the necessary information (price, shipping, etc.) for you to confirm the order.
The games are already in stock, waiting for the green light from you. After we have the list defined, we will contact you by e-mail to complete your purchase.

Keep following the posts on the Facebook page [ https://www.facebook.com/zarkstars ] and have fun!

Cheers!
Leandro Camara

Orbital War (150dpi) - 4.jpg

Orbital War (150dpi) - 1.jpg

Orbital War (150dpi) - 2.jpg

Orbital War (150dpi) - 3.jpg

Orbital War (150dpi) - Number.jpg

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Like 5

On 7/15/2022 at 11:42 PM, Alena said:

Someday I’ll develop a game for the 26, but rpgs are my jam, so I’ll have to simple my ideas down…I’m thinking of making a hack of Superman called Kal-El Returns+

Hi Alena! The idea sounds good! ?

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive World Premiere of Orbital War on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:
  • Orbital War (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by Leandro Camara @HSW3ET (Programming, Design and Soundtrack) / Heitor Maciel (Programming Consulting) / Viviane Peçaibes (Design and Text Consulting)
  • Refhraktor (2022 WIP | 2600) by Dave Christianson @Dave C
  • Boom! (2022 WIP Update | 2600) by Chris Walton @cd-w (Programming) / Nathan Strum @Nathan Strum (Graphics)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, raskar42 said:

This made me wonder what if any VCS games could possibly count as RPGs. Maybe the closest would be Indiana Jones? Do fetch quests count?

Some the the classic run of games that would probably qualify:

• Dragonstomper
  • Secret Quest
  • Crypts of Chaos

If Indiana Jones counts then Adventure, the Swordquest games, Dark Chambers, Riddle of the Sphinx, Montezuma's Revenge could possibly qualify depending on the criteria.

There's a bunch of great homebrew Atari 2600 games that come to mind that would be considered RPGs (I'm sure I'm missing a bunch):

• Anguna
  • Children of Hurin
  • Deepstone Catacomb
  • Dragon's Descent
  • Duck Attack!
  • Dungeon I & II
  • Penult
  • Sword of Surtr

- James

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Some the the classic run of games that would probably qualify:

• Dragonstomper
  • Secret Quest
  • Crypts of Chaos

If Indiana Jones counts then Adventure, the Swordquest games, Dark Chambers, Riddle of the Sphinx, Montezuma's Revenge could possibly qualify depending on the criteria.

There's a bunch of great homebrew Atari 2600 games that come to mind that would be considered RPGs (I'm sure I'm missing a bunch):

• Anguna
  • Children of Hurin
  • Deepstone Catacomb
  • Dragon's Descent
  • Duck Attack!
  • Dungeon I & II
  • Penult
  • Sword of Surtr

- James

I know there's a philosophical debate on what constitutes an RPG. If there's any game system that could have an rpg in it's most basic form it would be the Atari.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 1:28 AM, keithbk said:

I think there is still room for an Atari game/board game combo...

It's always surprised me that someone hasn't developed something similar for the Atari 2600.

Hi keithbk!  This is what I am also proposing with ORBITAL WAR.

At first I think every Raw War Series game will come with a board and a way to play with Atari. At least, it's in my plans. ?

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 6:42 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive World Premiere of Orbital War on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:
  • Orbital War (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by Leandro Camara @HSW3ET (Programming, Design and Soundtrack) / Heitor Maciel (Programming Consulting) / Viviane Peçaibes (Design and Text Consulting)
  • Refhraktor (2022 WIP | 2600) by Dave Christianson @Dave C
  • Boom! (2022 WIP Update | 2600) by Chris Walton @cd-w (Programming) / Nathan Strum @Nathan Strum (Graphics)

Thank you so much James for featuring Orbital War at the ZeroPage Homebrew show!
It was so much fun watching you and Darcy play in co-op and seeing the strategies you each adopted to try to get to the end of the game!
The only thing that was really missing was you to save Earth. ? Despite Darcy playing very well insisting on using the slower missiles in the center of the map, I think you and Tanya can easily win the game.
Thanks again for the support! ?

Leandro Camara

• Thanks 1

And...

For those interested in ORBITAL WAR, don't forget to write to the email [ skyline2600games@gmail.com ] so you don't run out of copies. ?
If someone who is in Europe and is interested in the game, I have one (1) copy (NTSC) available in Portugal that can be sent to the buyer with an obviously cheaper shipping cost.
To those who are already receiving the games, I hope you are enjoying it! ?

Many thanks to everyone who supports the games I'm making for ATARI. ?
Cheers!
Leandro Camara

11 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

The only thing that was really missing was you to save Earth. ? Despite Darcy playing very well insisting on using the slower missiles in the center of the map, I think you and Tanya can easily win the game.
Thanks again for the support! ?

You're so welcome! We'll save the Earth next time for sure! ?

- James

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Mail Call!  Oh yeah...as soon as I watched @ZeroPage Homebrew(James and Darcy) play through this game, I just knew I had to have it. 

Thank you @HSW3ETLeandro and team.🙂

Hi sramirez2008! I must thank you! Hope you like the game. 😉

The instruction manual in English is already on the website: https://www.zarkstars.com/

Enjoy!
Cheers!
Leandro Camara

• Like 1