IGNORED

1050 Sticker Confusion

Draxxs

I just got a 1050 drive off ebay.  I came with the wrong power supply so I have one of those on the way now. I cracked open the drive to see what kind of mess I purchased and I found the ram and rom with a silver sticker one labeled doubler, and the other speed. I removed the stickers to see what was underneath and it appears to be the stock parts.  Anyone seen

anything like this?  Did someone get conned in the past?  The stickers were very old and the silver part just crumbled.

2105510464_1050stickers.thumb.jpg.00c013877a8c487b390f987f0ba3ea91.jpg

rom.thumb.jpg.9c0432e9851c6c9c128bcc9640926259.jpg

ram.thumb.jpg.be06b8660a9858a0e206f17992b50757.jpg

Certainly looks stock to me, if it had a US Doubler, there would be another 6810 piggy backed on the one fitted.

Don't know why someone would do that because the drive obviously wouldn't do DD disks nor high speed so

pretty apparent it wasn't upgraded.

Did the seller advertise it as USD ? 

No,  It was advertised like most on ebay.  Untested, and power light comes on.  It just struck me as strange with stickers over stock chips.

When I cracked it open I was thinking I lucked out with a nice little surprise. I should have known better:) I never got anything decent out of a box of cracker jacks either.

• Haha 1