IGNORED

Which Jag Puzzle Game?

Mendon

Which Jag puzzle game do you like best? Zoop? Flip Out? Dino Dudes? Vid Grid?

Other than Tetris or Shanghai, I've never been into puzzle games that much. Felt in the mood for a quiet, relaxing game period and decided to try some puzzle games. So far:

Flip Out: I fired it up for the first time and at first found it strange then fun and then sort of addictive. Not sure if the urge to play will last but I'm enjoying it.

Dino Dudes: is cool and a fun game, much like Lemmings. But it is also one of those games that I find myself getting stuck on a particular level and wanting to bounce my controller off the wall as I can't seem to clear it.

Vid Grid: GREAT game; competition with others increases the fun. Just wish there were some more puzzles included.

Zoop is a game I have never really figured out, no matter how many times I've tried. Maybe the gameplay isn't good or I just downright suck at it but I just can't get into Zoop.

Wish there had been a Tetris or a Dr. Mario style game for the Jag.

Your thoughts?

Mendon

I disagree, I think most of the Jag puzzle games are pretty good, although I've never tried Zoop!

i like dino Dudes a lot and i think Flip out is really fun, but too short. painter is good, but I'm not sure if it's a puzzle game or not, it's definately not a game you can relax with anyway, it's way too intense. :D

I never really did get into playing Vid Grid, I actually just push the solve button and basically only ever watch the videos.

oh, and there actually IS a Tetris game for the Jag-Jagtris, BUT it requires BJL/JUGS to play, both of which (assuming you don't know) are available on cartridge, in Protector: SE and Battlesphere/Battlesphere gold respectively. Or, you can modify the Jag with a BJL rom.

I've got VidGrid and Zoop, and I like them both, and I'm not big on puzzle games. Zoop, once you get into it, can hook you a bit. Well, it does for me anyway. Vid Grid is a good party game. Have a few friends over, maybe throwin back a couple brews, and start trying to beat each other putting together ozzy.

oh, and there actually IS a Tetris game for the Jag-Jagtris, BUT it requires BJL/JUGS to play, both of which (assuming you don't know) are available on cartridge, in Protector: SE and Battlesphere/Battlesphere gold respectively. Or, you can modify the Jag with a BJL rom.

Yep I knew that, I just don't have a way of aquiring the game. I've got Protector and BSG so playing the game is no prob.

I posted awhile back that if people who did these homebrews like Pacmania and Jagtris would put them on a CD, like Painter, I'd be more than willing to pay for it. I'm not a computer tech by any means and wouldn't know how to go about doing it myself; hell, I don't even own a CD burner.

So I once again plead... if you can put any of these homebrew games on a CD and there are no legal issues with doing so, **PLEASE** post it and I'll order them from you!!!!!

Mendon

Thanks to all for your posts; much appreciated.

Maybe I'll give Zoop more of a try and see if I can get into it.

Not sure if you can qualify Painter (or Worms) as a puzzle game. But whatever it is, Painter is a GREAT game; my favorite on the Jag right now and I don't see it falling off my favorite game list at any time in the near future. Unfortunately its also one of those games that I have to put down every now and then out of pure frustration. After a week the cat still won't come near me and still has my toe print imbedded in it after losing all my lives on Lvl 64 (I think).

Thinking of Worms makes me wish that Bomberman would also have been released for the Jag. Still my favorite multi-player game and I used to play it alot on the Saturn over the phone lines.

Mendon

Phear.  Just kidding

I always get pissed off whenever I see or hear about Tetrisphere for the n64, knowing that it was supposed to have been on the Jag. :mad: :mad:

Anyways, I enjoy Flip Out. I've never played Zoop...Vid Grid is fun, too bad there's not a score to get or something. I wonder why Telegames never finished Ultimate Brain Games or released it while they were on their kick of releasing games like IS2 and such. I wonder if they'd be interesting in releasing a limited edition of UBG or not? :?:

Hello,

i am not sure if it qualifies as a puzzle-game, but

Advertising-mode ON

there is of course a Jaguar-version of Clicks under development.

Here is a link to the Lynx-section of AA with some infos about this game:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17693

Advertising-mode OFF

Best regards

Matthias

Hello,

i am not sure if it qualifies as a puzzle-game, but  

Advertising-mode ON

there is of course a Jaguar-version of Clicks under development.

Here is a link to the Lynx-section of AA with some infos about this game:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17693

Advertising-mode OFF

Put me down for a pre-order Matthias!!! Always looking for something new and want to support those that are supporting my habit.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!

Mendon