IGNORED

Oddworld Abe's Exoddus - TWO-D genius!

RCmodeler

I just tackled this game for the first time today. I admit at first I thought, "This game looks lame," but boy was I wrong! The sound is almost non-existent, but that's okay because the artistry of the graphics rivals the beauty of Ico!

And the idea of beating enemies... not through stomping on them (Mario) or slashing them (Link)... but by *out-smarting* them is a satisfying change of pace.

Modern gaming comapnies definitely need to make more 2D platformers like this one (and Metroid Fusion). I'm sick of the 3D crap.

ASIDE: I'm almost at the end of the game (the Tombs), but I'm still on disc 1. So, what's on disc 2??? Is it like FF7 where the final disc is mostly just pre-recorded movie?

Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus both came out for PS1. Both are excellent but I like the first one (Oddysee) a bit more. It just seemed like a tighter game, and Abe's voice wasn't as annoying :) (they changed it slightly in Exoddus). The second one seems a bit easier than the first though I have yet to beat it (I'm near the end at a timed level...ugh). Whichever one you pick up, though, be sure to allocate plenty of time to play. There are some tough puzzles ahead...

Jason

I have yet to beat the first one on the PS because the PS is no longer in my room but has been taken over by my son. The second ne I beat like... 3 years ago I think. I loved it very fun/funny. The third one the XBox was really good I enjoyed the change to a 3D game and the addition of Fuzzles, little bad-ass balls of fur that could get really mean (reminded me of the movie Crittrs) made me so happy. They were so cute.

The new Odd World I don't believe features Abe or the Mudokon's at all...