IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

Is it possible, to exclude the "grey" tones (0-f) when using the "colour-only" for the ADD feature?

Tebe's answer is as follows:

"I don't know what Emkay talks about, maybe I wrongly called greyshades as Saturation (S) (?)

If he will select Saturation only (Color must be deselected), then is able to change colors' brightness only... :)

Is it possible' date=' to exclude the "grey" tones (0-f) when using the "colour-only" for the ADD feature?[/quote']

Tebe's answer is as follows:

"I don't know what Emkay talks about, maybe I wrongly called greyshades as Saturation (S) (?)

If he will select Saturation only (Color must be deselected), then is able to change colors' brightness only... :)

If you take a look at the "fallout" picture, the colour-raibow is interrupted by a grey bar (without colours) .

After the "green/brown", the next colour is "gold/rust" and there is a gap without colours between.

Without the grey bar, you would have a "closed colour circle" and it would be no problem, to make a fading from green over brown to red.

just played around little bit...

emkay... this raster feature just works with the internal colour numbers of atari... what you want is to exclude the colour numbers 0-15 so your palette would be f.e. 16-240-16 or similar to that... am i right?

what i would like to have in this feature is a simple but nice dither effect like in many amiga/atari ST games esp. the ones with raster effects backgrounds (turrican or enchanted land f.e.)

have a look on dely's lewis_atari g2f picture and have a look on the background then you know what i mean...

just played around little bit...

emkay... this raster feature just works with the internal colour numbers of atari... what you want is to exclude the colour numbers 0-15 so your palette would be f.e. 16-240-16 or similar to that... am i right?

Yes.

what i would like to have in this feature is a simple but nice dither effect like in many amiga/atari ST games esp. the ones with raster effects backgrounds (turrican or enchanted land f.e.)

have a look on dely's lewis_atari g2f picture and have a look on the background then you know what i mean...

This effect stretches the pallette "optical" .... would be a benefit as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Strange how the mind works...

From working on AR:The City, I get to AR:The Dungeon...

written by Dan Pinal and Ken Jordan...

reminded me of a game the Atari didn't get by Jordan Mechner...

Fired it up on a NES emulator and thought cool title screen

let's see what G2F can make of this.

All done bar some tidying up of the upper left sand dune colours.

Enjoy,

Mark

pop_g2f.zip

post-1822-1118713576_thumb.jpg

Strange how the mind works...

From working on AR:The City, I get to AR:The Dungeon...

written by Dan Pinal and Ken Jordan...

reminded me of a game the Atari didn't get by Jordan Mechner...

Fired it up on a NES emulator and thought cool title screen

let's see what G2F can make of this.

All done bar some tidying up of the upper left sand dune colours.

Enjoy,

Mark

873838[/snapback]

Looks really nice now we only need the corresponding game ;)

• 1 month later...

Cze Heaven, what's up with you & where are the final versions of BOINXX and 4PAC ? ;P

G2F's changelog:

- added: using grid in ZOOM mode (Ctrl+G) ; you can change grid color & size and set transparency of grid

- fixed: bug that makes Edit Chars mode (ALT+S -> CHARSET) harder

- added: new submenu in main menu ('Special')

- added: possibility of not using constant labels in created ASM files

(Special -> ASM const labels [check/uncheck]) ; this option is turned on by default

- added: save data optimization for PMG objects (so that means that if sprites aren't being used then their data will be omitted)

- added: submenu 'Special' now contains new option ('Memory location') to help user customize memory addresses for charsets, screen memory, Antic's display list, etc.

- added: new switch 'Lock color' in EDIT COLORS window - it allows to block detection of color changes in every line ; it can be handy to force color changes before raster-changes -> in other way it's very useful when making multiple color changes in GED+ mode!

- added: in Preview=GFX mode now you can quit 'Select' option (flashing marquee) with the ESC key (there was a need to choose another drawing mode before).

Edited by Dracon

• 2 weeks later...

hmpf....

I'm working on another conversion which cannot be completed, because I tried to use 48 bytes width. Graph2fnt says it's all ok. In the emulation it produces raster errors and it rolls....

Since G2F says all is ok, there is no possibility to correct anything in the picture...

So here is the picture at it's current state with 40 bytes width.

The ZIP archive contains a 40 & a 48 bytes version...

hmpf....

I'm working on another conversion which cannot be completed, because I tried to use 48 bytes width. Graph2fnt says it's all ok. In the emulation it produces raster errors and it rolls....

Since G2F says all is ok, there is no possibility to correct anything in the picture...

So here is the picture at it's current state with 40 bytes width.

The ZIP archive contains a 40 & a 48 bytes version...

911248[/snapback]

Great work, emkay!

48 byte version doesn't work on real Atari neither.

F.

Seems G2F has some bug in cycle calculation when using full width.

I gues I'll finish it with the border coloured then.

911308[/snapback]

And which emulator are you going to use for displaying 48 bytes wide picture?

F.

911610[/snapback]

The 48 bytes width was to have a full black border.

With 40 bytes the pic now looks as below:

& let's say: It's finished now :)

I think, the logical bug is in the range of available changes per dli.

G2F blocks using the full width for raster changes, but full DLI changes are available.

Logically (for ANTIC usage), more raster-changes on the screen are available, and less DLI-Changes are possible.

:?