IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

Hey emkay - is there any way you could post an ATR of the "Fallout" picture you did a while back? I'm having a great time looking at these pics on my 130XE (especially since doing the super video mod).

Thanks a bunch.

Oh - BTW. I finally got my PAL 130XE in. I need to find a way to get a picture out of it (I am thinking of just getting a good capture card for my PC - especially since I also use an SIO2PC cable). So I'll finally be able to listen to some of your test tunes on the real hardware, at the correct 50Hz.

Stephen Anderson

The size can be adjusted by using the cursor keys.

938128[/snapback]

Thank you. Works fine here. It's really a pity that there isn't

a complete english documentation...

BTW: I would like it, if G2F supports also a inversion switches

on/off (set high bit, clear high bit). With the invert switch implementation,

things are a little bit harder as they could when working with overlapping

areas... (which seems quite common use case to me)

Additionally reposition of the yellow cursor rectangle would be more

convenient if also a click to a position inside the rectangle resets

the upper left corner of the cursor rect. This click is ignored now.

Anyhow, great program 'tebe' - please continue with your outstanding work.

Hey emkay - is there any way you could post an ATR of the "Fallout" picture you did a while back? 

What do you mean exactly?

Was refering to http://www.atariage.com/forums/uploads/pos...97070_thumb.jpg

Was wondering if you could post a file so I can check it out on the real machine. Thanks.

Stephen Anderson

Hey emkay - is there any way you could post an ATR of the "Fallout" picture you did a while back? 

What do you mean exactly?

Was refering to http://www.atariage.com/forums/uploads/pos...97070_thumb.jpg

Was wondering if you could post a file so I can check it out on the real machine. Thanks.

Stephen Anderson

939088[/snapback]

Hm... The original is from AEG (C64) .... converted by Tebe.

I only added the rainbow colours for showing the new possibilites of G2F.

Sorry, I don't have the "source" with the colour enhancement anymore.

But, it is no problem to re-create that.... so if you want...

Enjoy my first G2F image.

BTW: Anyone there to port the game?  ;)

940306[/snapback]

Very good ...

First I thought, it's C64 conversion. But then I recognized something different.

The whole Image is different.

sentinel_(firebird)_01.gif

A direct compare shows the C64 version as a real "old leather" with false colours.

Your conversion shows overall better colours and the picture looks more "Anime" like and seems to be a "redraw, not a conversion.

Niice to see this interpretation.

Here the conversion to "MCS" of the C64 screen.

sentintel_colored.png

Very good ...

First I thought, it's C64 conversion. But then I recognized something different.

The whole Image is different.

A direct compare shows the C64 version as a real "old leather" with false colours.

Your conversion shows overall better colours and the picture looks more "Anime" like and seems to be a "redraw, not a conversion.

Niice to see this interpretation.

Here the conversion to "MCS" of the C64 screen. 

Thank you. It's only partly a redraw as I've compared the C64 screen and the Amstrad CPC version. IMHO the CPC version looks better (beside the usage of colors) and was

easier to convert since it uses less shades. The result is a mixture of the CPC geometry and C64 coloring tweaked by using the much more natural A8 palette.

BTW: What means "MCS" conversion? Is the "MCS" conversion also displayable

on the A8 as depicted?

Thank you. It's only partly a redraw as I've compared the C64 screen and the Amstrad CPC version. IMHO the CPC version looks better (beside the usage of colors) and was

easier to convert since it uses less shades. The result is a mixture of the CPC geometry and C64 coloring tweaked by using the much more natural A8 palette.

BTW: What means "MCS" conversion? Is the "MCS" conversion also displayable

on the A8 as depicted?

940334[/snapback]

MCS is an old "idea" of mine.

The graphics are done with some DLI's for creating a linear graphics screen out of the charmode. The PM is fixed to build the 6th colour for a picture. Depending on the picture, 9 colours are allowed... just with a very low cpu usage.

I'm pretty shure that it's possible to have those working in Games and for loaders aswell.

G2F can handle the graphics possibilities much better, but I doubt you will ever see such graphics ingame... exept someone is writing games on a "super" cpu.

and if you have a close look on the firebird logo you'll see that it's kind of antialised... again...well done and much work put into it...

940337[/snapback]

Yes, but the antialising is also taken from the CPC. So the flowers are not mine... :ponder:

Anyhow, it took about 6 hrs to build the image, but since I was using G2F the first

time, things would now go a little bit quicker.

Most of all I missed a good functionality to exchange pixels of one color with

other colored pixels. (Quite usefull, when you encounter the need of using an other color

for 710 because the inversion of the char produces less conflicts...)

Is there an appropriate function? Exchange of the pixel value and not only the color value?

Hi all!

IrgendwerEnjoy my first G2F image.
Nice job! Looks great.

With all these latest G2F's, I thought it was a good time that I posted some more images of my new G2F's for you all....

I've been working heavily on some complicated pictures. I have a load more to post to tebe for the gallery

More pics please everyone!

Tezz :D

post-4724-1128127420_thumb.png

post-4724-1128127435_thumb.png

The SotB Endscreen rules
Thanks, it was a lot of work. It's one of my favorites.

...would you mind to post G2F's source files from these piccies?
Yes no problem, of course. Will post later tonight. I'm intending to post to Tebe also for the gallery with a bunch more. Edited by Tezz

The SotB Endscreen rules
Thanks, it was a lot of work. It's one of my favorites.

...would you mind to post G2F's source files from these piccies?
Yes no problem, of course. Will post later tonight. I'm intending to post to Tebe also for the gallery with a bunch more.

940938[/snapback]

The depth on the picture is by 7 luminances... on one colour for the mystic dead forest.

So the Beast ended up before coming to the farther free area ....

The Picture really works like the original.

But, the Bomb Jack picture would need some rework. The huge "sand" area looks like a picture, someone has not finished. if you know what I mean.

Yes, I liked the depth of field in the original which had slightly more subtle lum with the Amiga's larger pallette, but the reworking with the available Atari lums worked out. I spent a long time working it out without the skeleton included until I was happy.

the Bomb Jack picture would need some rework. The huge "sand" area looks like a picture, someone has not finished. if you know what I mean
Hmm, I was basing this on the original advertising poster for the game, the Amiga title was a pretty good reproduction of that so I descided to use both to work from. I really wanted to shade in the dark side of the piramid but the max cols were already used. The castle was difficult because I had only large resized sprites to fill the space but needed detail there too. I had to compromise my original ideas to make it reality. I guess the sand area below does look a little empty.

For fun, here's the arcade title screen I reproduced a while back. I've used the same col registers for the blue shades to allow for the rotating colours. The screen I created is a static G2f so I've simulated the rotating colour animation as a GIF anim to post it here although it would be quite simple to do this in the code when it is displayed on the A8.

Maybe the rotating or an animating colour pallete could be a new feature of G2F? I remember a few pics on the ST used to good effect. Simple things like running water etc.

post-4724-1128162992_thumb.jpg