IGNORED

Lynx Contest Winners!

davidcalgary29

Our four judges certainly had one of the more difficult jobs to do: decide which two of our four excellent entries would be awarded prizes in the "Design a Lynx Game Contest 2003".

Although of our entries -- "Star Dreamer", "BattleSpace", "Push Around the World", and "Lynx Sketch" -- were delcared excellent, the following two entries receive this year's gaming prizes:

First Place: Push Around the World, by Bjoern Spruck.

All of our judges seemed to greatly enjoy this game, even though HANDY really couldn't handle those interlaced screens.

Brett Gladson: "I still like this one the best. The screen still flashes colors, but that's the Handy emulator. This is a real fun puzzle game and really enjoyed the title screen and music at the beginning."

Runner-up: BattleSpace, by Peter Musiat.

Everyone loved this arcade blaster, and I have to admit that I kept this one on my workplace PC for weeks -- it's a great stress-reliever!

Gregory George: "Fun blaster game, but the shooting was a bit tricky which hurt the gameplay. I liked the scrolling planet - one of the cooler special effects from this batch of entries. Of the entries, this one had the

most original idea."

Our judging panel sacrificed many hours of valuable sleep to playtest our entries. A big round of applause must go to:

Gregory George

Brett Gladson (snorlaxnut)

Curt Vendel

Bryan Garcia (A2600)

Finally, a note of thanks must go out to Lik-Sang, who very generously awarded a GP-32 handheld unit to the contest prizewinner.

Several contestants have (and very generously, I might add) stated that they'd be willing to have ROM images of their games posted on the Internet to enable all enthusiasts to enjoy them. Stay tuned for more news!

Note: These ROM images are being posted for the enjoyment of Atari enthusiasts, and NOT to enable pirates to burn illegal copies for commercial exploitation.

I really had fun trying out all the games and I really had a tough time deciding which were best, it would be great to see all these homebrew efforts make it into inexpensive carts for people to buy and enjoy, great work to all the coders and their time, effort and skills putting these titles together and allowing the community to enjoy them.

Curt

I really had fun trying out all the games and I really had a tough time deciding which were best, it would be great to see all these homebrew efforts make it into inexpensive carts for people to buy and enjoy, great work to all the coders and their time, effort and skills putting these titles together and allowing the community to enjoy them.

Curt

If the games aren't too big I would be very willing to buy a multicart with the top four games on it :D