IGNORED

American Hero, I didn't think I could really do this :-)

Paolo

I just received AH from Stone (thanks, man!) and in the rush of playing a bit I forgot all those advices about exposed girls and such. And by the way, Stone, you didn't put a rating on the booklet, bad boy!

Long story made short, my son was with me and guess what happens in the very first scene? :lolblue:

I barely managed to look normal and: "Oh well, I'll look at it later. Now, what about Disney Channel?"

Hopefully he didn't noticed anything (included my face colour change).

Now I'm waiting everybody is in his own bed :twisted:

As far as American Hero is concerned, it sounds like Atari was trying to patent the term "Shock and Awe" way before Gulf War II: Git shorty (umm, I mean Saddam) ;-)

I think the whole industry would've taken notice, Atari sales would've done well just from the talk about the game on sites, magazines, reviews and such.

Curt

Sex appeal was definately substituted for good acting, dialog or plot, but I've seen worse examples of those last three things on early 3DO titles like Phoenix3 or MegaRace, so American hero falls in the middle somewhere for video game FMV.

Any one notice that if you're a good boy while playing, you tend to stay alive longer?

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo...................

EVIL EVIL MAN  :x  

I had just about managed to repress my memories of megarace!!

If you are refering to just the FMV then I feel for you and extend my deepest apologies. However, I find the game it self to be quite fun, and one of the very few ways to use FMV to a distinct advantage. I find the game play to be very similiar to newer hits like the Wipeout series, only with digitized. sprite-based cars. I love the game (Crash and Burn being much better of course).

Ok you are taking the piss there right?

The non-fmv parts of the game would look bad on a 16bit system, and the gameplay from what I remember was incredibly boring. It's been many years since I've played it, but I remember it as very repetative and non-chalanging, with terrible ai. I could be slightly mistaken, but graphics wise it didnt push the 3DO in the slightest, and gameplay wise it was pretty terrible too, and yes, "Lance Boil" is just plain sick. The other bits of FMV were rather pretty tho, very nice infact, but they show off the power of their raytracers and 3D modelers, rather than the coding staff, who seemed to have slept through most of the previous decade if you ask me.