IGNORED

strategy game for lynx

Zeptari

the lynx needs a strategy game!

Something like this for starters?

http://www.classicempire.com/

i played this alot on my old 1040ST. I bet Empire as a comlynxed game would be great fun..

it looks like it would be one of the easier games to port over.

I don't think the lynx could handle Civ3 of Age2???

anyways, i was just wondering..

I've actually been working on an empire like game for the lynx but due to time constraints I haven't gotten very far w/ it yet. I started w/ the freeware source code for the old version of empire and have been porting it over. I didn't think there would be any other interest in it so I was just making it for my self. The screen routines are about 20% done (not very far at all)

I've also been working on a Lynx version of Ogre (the steve jackson game) similar to the one Origin used to produce. So far I have a customizable scrolling board, placeable pieces (not movable yet) and a basic menuing system. My avatar is the title screen shot w/ my name taken out of it.

Currently I have too many projects going on at work but if others are interested I can start back up on them during the Xmas lull.

What is the programming language for the LYNX? I want to make a Mother of all balltles clone.

I use C primarily w/ assembly support routines although I guess you could use any compiler that can generate appropriate 6502 ML. I'm not familiar w/ Mother of all battles. Which system was it on? Worth looking for?