IGNORED

"GLOBETROTTER" In South America! Next Stop: Brazil!

Gateway

I wish I'd seen this sooner because my wife and I did a cross country trip earlier this year and we would have visited 4 of the states on your list. We're talking about a tour of New England next summer or fall, but if you're down to the last Trotter, I'd hate for anything to happen to him. It has been extraordinary run, Weston, and regardless of whether you decide to keep Trotter going for another year or retire him now, you should be proud of how well this project worked out. :)

Been a long time since I checked up on Globetrotter's progress - was good to visit the website. I had forgotten we actually hosted the cart at one point, but we (Mrs. MMF and I) are on that list. I couldn't find any photos of us with it in the "postcart" section though! Perhaps a return trip to Omaha is in order? I promise to take Globetrotter to the Henry Doorly Zoo or the new ballpark downtown and get a few good pictures if he comes back this way. Sadly I could have actually taken a picture of him in Montreal a week ago if he had been here when we vacationed in Canada. (Yes Montreal, in the winter, we're actually quite nuts.)

• 1 year later...

TROTTER: Trips to South Africa and South American continent:

Hello Everybody! :)

So it has been a long time, but I am looking to do a major update to the Globetrotter website and am shooting for July 1st or 2nd of this year. I have lots of photos and maps I am preparing for the site. I am streamlining the look of the new maps in an effort to make it appear less cluttered especially on those that have multiple Trotter visits on the same map region. I will be removing the arrow paths and leaving just the host numbers attached to the flags of cities visited. If this turns out well, I will go back to earlier maps and update them this way in an effort to make the entire website consistent( You will notice it is NOT consistent now from the early maps to the current ones on there ). Ah, still much to do..

I recently moved to Missouri and am currently unemployed, so there is NO EXCUSE this time, LOL. Between fixing up this old house and sending out resumes, I have been working on the update at night.

Meanwhile, YES, Trotter is still on his journey and is now in Lima, Peru! 8)

Before that, Trotter visited Santiago, Chile. Below is a link (in Spanish, though Google Translate is your friend :) ) to see some photos from Trotter's time in Chile, courtesy of Atariware and Manillismo( thanks to AA member devwebcl ):

http://www.atariware.cl/

http://manillismo.bl...r-en-chile.html

And in Peru, courtesy of Atariteca:

http://atariteca.blo...llego-peru.html

Brazil is planned next, however plans are in the works in the future for Bangladesh, Nigeria and a Canadian friend who will be traveling to Cuba. Until I get more details though, Trotter will stay moving around South America for the near future.

So as of the last few months, Trotter has travelled from South Africa to:

Montevideo, Uruguay

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Santiago, Chile

Lima, Peru (with a trip to Trujillo coming soon!)

I have a few of you living in So. America signed on to host, but would welcome more of you from the above nations and also the nations not mentioned yet (Brazil, Paraguay, Ecquador, etc). Trotter should be moving generally northward to Mexico and the USA again after that, So if you want to host there or know a friend who lives in So. America, let me know! 8)

@hepcat, Zwackery and MegaManFan: Many thanks to you guys for your support and I apologize for the long delay in response! I ultimately decided to keep Trotter going when the opportunity for So. Africa presented itself, and that led to my desire to secure South America next. So Trotter will (eventually) return to the States and I will keep the 4 of you on the host list for Trotter's return, if you are still interested.

@MegaManFan: I have you and the Mrs. still on the online hostlist as waiting for Trotter in the Omaha area, though I know that Trotter has NOT yet visited with you there. Perhaps you have hosted Traveller 7800 or the Combat Cannonball Run in the past? But both of you are still welcome to receive Trotter when the time comes. :)

For now, I am including a photo taken by AA member jum with Trotter in Cape Town, SA featuring the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront with Table Mountain in the background.

post-2955-0-50299300-1338935000_thumb.png

Hey Weston, I just saw your recent update. My wife and I wound up not doing the New England trip last year, but we are planning to go for 2 weeks this fall, likely the first 2 weeks in October. If Trotter is available then, and if you're still interested, we'll take him. :)

And to finish with his trip to the north of Perú, here you have Trotter in the Temple of Dragon and enjoying a sunny sunday afternoon in Huanchaco:

huanchaco_1.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/105471120161460026136/AtariGlobetrotterEnLaHuacaDelDragonTrujilloLaLibertadPeru

https://picasaweb.google.com/105471120161460026136/AtariGlobetrotterEnHuanchacoTrujilloLaLibertadPeru

- Y -

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody!

For those of you here following the Globetrotter World Tour over the years, I have made a major update to the site and wanted to mention here as well as at DP. :)

I moved to another state recently, so was unemployed and had some time to get caught up on many maps and photos, etc:

http://www.musevox.c...otter/index.htm

I have also added Trotter's recent http://www.musevox.c.../event/peru.htm archelogical adventure near Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru.

Trotter is now enroute to Curitiba, PR, Brazil to meet up with TomBrazil any day now! :cool:

Later!

07-15-12

• Like 1

Hey,

Trotter has arrived safely in Curitiba! 8)

He is now with Antonio Borba aka TomBrazil and will be touring the Curitiba area in the coming days.

Have a look at Antonio's blog. He writes about video games and other interesting topics. He has written an introduction about Trotter's visit and will be doing a follow up report after Trotter has taken in some of the local attractions:

http://www.antonioborba.com/

There is also some new photos from Atariteca just posted from Trotter's visit to the region of Junín, Peru. He traveled to Huancayo and nearby to Ticlio( highest train juncture in South America. Note the mountains in the window. )

Last but not least, AA member Liduario has signed on to host Trotter in the Belo Horizonte area of the state of Minas Gerais in the coming weeks.

:)

post-2955-0-55078400-1342715759_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey fellow travelers!

A few days ago, Atariteca posted his interview with me about the Globetrotter World Tour (in Spanish):

http://atariteca.blo...y-celebrar.html

For a rough translation in English or other language, just click on the Google translate link on top or on the far right side of the page, though the formatting of the article may be offset. :)

I am behind again on the next website update (what else is new? :roll: ), but wanted to share this with those still following Trotter's journey. The interview covers questions about how Trotter got started, April Fool's jokes, the involvement with Packrat Video Games and AtariAge, and Travi the Traveler 7800.

Trotter is now in Contagem, Minas Gerais, Brazil with AA member Liduario and rough plans are in the works now for Trotter to attend a gathering of Brazilian classic gamers in December. More details as they develop! 8)

AA member Sr. Ferraz sent me a photo of some of the attendees from the last get together (July 2012) held in Rio de Janeiro.

post-2955-0-78516100-1349555309_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, Trotter missed this event, but hopes to make it next time.

• 4 months later...

Hey! Trotter has arrived safe and sound in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It's with me now.

:-D

I'll take it to a city tour ASAP!

MarcusGarrett_zps0dda75f6.jpg

The Trotter you're holding is in a clear case not in the black? :-o

After hosting Trotter a while, I sent him back to Lima, Peru and it was the black one, which Tom Brasil is holding...

I wonder what happened...

• 1 year later...

How did the case change from black to clear anyways? I don't think it was the real Trotter that LidLikesIntellvision was holding.

More like one of these....

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?101650-Atari-Globetrotter-Silver-Limited-Edition-UPDATE-11-3-09-OLD-LIST-GONE-NEW-RESERVES

• 1 year later...

The Trotter you're holding is in a clear case not in the black? icon_surprised.gif

After hosting Trotter a while, I sent him back to Lima, Peru and it was the black one, which Tom Brasil is holding...

I wonder what happened...

Good thing I posted this so I can remember I sent Globetrotter to Peru.

EDIT -

Checking my pms, Gateway said the next person to host the cart was an AA member atariteca.

I searched for atariteca but I couldn't find him... Maybe he was banned... I will contact Gateway.

EDIT2 -

I found my e-mails from 2012 when Gateway confirmed to me he checked the Brazilian Post Office website that the cartridge was deliveried in Peru 10-27-2012.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision