IGNORED

Space War 2000 already on eBay

Albert

As I'm sure some of you know, B&C Computervisions has been selling Space War 2000 in cartridge form for the last several weeks. They are charging $60 plus $6 shipping (in the US), which includes the cart with label and instructions. I finally got around to ordering mine a few days ago, so I know they still have them in stock. I was just browsing around on eBay for the few games I need to complete my collection when I encountered this:

eBay Space War 2000 Auction

Didn't take very long for this to pop up on eBay. He has a "Buy It Now" price set at $100, which kind of irks me since anyone can purchase one new for $60 from B&C. This same person also has a BattleSphere with a Buy It Now price of $250. In fact, there are three BattleSphere carts up on eBay right now. Looks like people are trying to sell them before 4Play comes out with another batch.

..Al

yeah, it's pretty pathetic. I think they are trying to squeeze top dollar out of the BS's because very soon, everyone that wants one will be able to pick it up for a reasonable price. As for the SW2k, I guess they're trying to reel in some fish that just don't keep up to date on Jaguar happenings, because if you do, you know that SW2k is still available, and will be as long as B&C has the parts...which could be a very long time if they've found a good source (They said that they're getting them from the company that manufactured the parts for Atari, so they may have a ton of left-overs for all we know...

quote:

has been selling
Space War 2000
in cartridge form for the last several weeks. They are charging $60

Didn't take very long for this to pop up on eBay. He has a "Buy It Now" price set at $100, which kind of irks me since anyone can purchase one new for $60 from B&C. This same person also has a BattleSphere with a Buy It Now price of $250.

Yep - but not that someone has put in a much lower bid of $11.50...

I think MOST Jaguar fans will already know about SW2K (which I think is great BTW) and anyone who doesn't will hopefully do a search on the internet before bidding.

Circumstansial evidence has been showing up on the Jaguar Interactive II board for a while now. I think the run has at least 50 units in it. They say are just waiting for the guy who is selling them (one of the Scatologic team) to get done with a project before it happens.

Well, I keep hearing about this "new-batch" of Battlesphere, but I frequent J2 and have never seen a post from TBird saying anything about a 3rd batch DEFINITELY coming out. Maybe I missed his post, who knows. I didn't list Battlesphere so I could juice money really quick before some 3rd batch comes out. If you look at my other auctions you'll see ALL my Jag stuff is up on Ebay. I admit, it was kind of bad to put a BIN on SW2K of $100, but I just did it to see if anyone would use the bin for that price. I didn't stick a reserve on it at all, and someone just made a bid which removed the BIN price anyway...just as I thought would happen. I paid $250 for the Battlesphere cart, and am just selling it for what I paid. Also, with the high demand for Battlesphere, even if a 3rd batch does come out how many will there be? 50? How fast are they going to sell? I would bet a third batch would be up on Ebay in no time, for the same amount it's going for right now. Maybe TBird can verify this 3rd batch thing?