Ikari Warriors

Joust Pong

Labyrinth

Motorodeo

Pleaides

Red v. Blue

Space Treat

Splatform

You can read what the Robsterman thinks about these games by clicking the link below:

http://robsterman.hyperboards.com/index.cg...&num=1038459110

Or, to read any of the 634 reviews (not a misprint, there are that many), click the link below:

http://robsterman.hyperboards.com/index.cgi?board=2600

Keep the faith,

Robsterman

Oh boy! White text on a black background! I love reading stuff that makes my eyes bleed. Thanks robsterman. I'm feeling a little faint now. I can barely lift my hands to type from all of this blood loss. I can feel my life force slipping away. . . you did this on purpose . . . you're trying to kill all of us off so you'll have the Internet all to yourself . . .

I tried the red text on a green background (for Christmas), but it just didn't seem right.

Also, if you read the reviews in the dark, the black background can get kind of creepy. Just try it. And, if you do, don't blame the Robsterman if you cannot fall asleep. Boo!

Keep the faith,

Robsterman

The Sentinel one is indeed a classic....

Pathetic? ......Yes...But hilairious. So I'd grade that review a 40/100.

The reason for my overall score of 10/100 (and I suspect the reason the robersterman has so many reviews) are due to "reviews" like the following...

Ikari Warriors

This prototype is complete, and despite it being rather hard, is a fun game to play.

Rating=80/100

:ponder:

Is that the definition of a robsterman review?

Shit, I should start reviewing games.

I can crap them out like that at the rate of 10 a minute.... here.

Yars Revenge: You shoot a fly who lives behind a wall in space. I like it.

Space Invaders: Exactly like the arcade but different. Its fun.

Kaboom: Guy drops bombs on you. Awful joystick control makes this game very hard.

There that took me 42 seconds.

Uh Oh robsterman, soon you will have to remove that "Web sites that have more Atari 2600 reviews: 0"

:ponder:

Jeeze I dunno why I bother responding...You gotta know he beats off to the responses.

Not so much reviews, as comments, which I imagine a lot of people could do right here on these forums. Another thing - why rate out of 100 if you are only going to use multiples of 10?

I wish I could update my site more often, I'd like to have loads of reviews on there, but I've only got three Atari 2600 ones so far, and sixteen on all formats, although there are three more Atari reviews coming very soon. Of course, I need a proper host before I can start adding large amounts of new content.... :roll:

I tried the red text on a green background (for Christmas), but it just didn't seem right.

UGH! My eyes hurt just THINKING about this.

There are just too many painfully bad color schemes out there on the Web. Fortunately, they're usually a helpful indication that the content isn't worth reading anyway.

As for white text on a black background... I never used to mind it, but my eyes are not what they were when I was younger. I seriously cannot look at white-on-black on a computer screen for more than about 10 seconds without having a retinal burn-in of the image that lasts for several minutes. (It's especially jarring to go straight from that to black-on-white... everything just turns gray!)

Speaking of temporary blindness... has anyone here ever sufffered an ophthlamic migraine? I had my first one a couple months ago and it scared the shit out of me. Fortunately my vision came back in about 20 minutes.

Reviews I heavily disagree with...

California Games (30/100? WTF?)

Fatal Run (I actually like this one, like the 7800 version)

Airlock

Double Dunk

Marble Craze (this is NOT a prototype!)

Mission 3000 A.D.

SCSIside

Sentinel (it uses a light gun, not a joystick!)

Ikari Warriors

Laser Blast (I found it boring)

Defender II (this EASILY deserved a 100/100!)

Tempest

Thrust (another game that easily deserved a 100/100)

Winter Games

Xenophobe

Shooting Gallery

Shark Attack

And the worst review...

Solaris

The graphics, sound, and pace are decent, but the gameplay is simply not there. There are better space games out there. Much better.

Ranking=50/100

WTF?

Boy, this guy's as bad as the Video Game Critic.

Thrust (another game that easily deserved a 100/100)

Thanx! :)

WTF?

IMO you (we?) are just wasting way too much time with this TROLL. Maybe HE thinks he is funny, but he isn't. Leave him alone!

Boy, this guy's as bad as the Video Game Critic.

Oh no, those two don't even live in the same universe. VGC is doing real in depth reviews of games he owns (though you might not share the results), that lobster is just producing 100% irrelevant, stupid crap!

The Sentinel one is indeed a classic....

Pathetic? ......Yes...But hilairious. So I'd grade that review a 40/100.

"review"??? Did nobody notice that Sentinel is a LIGHTGUN game :?:

"pathetic joystick controls" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes Thomas I know...I ment the review was pathetic, but made me laugh because he was trying to pass it off. So I gave that review a 40/100 because it did more than most comedy movies do these days...Made me laugh out loud. You're right though, best just to drop the responses. His wee-wee is no doubt sore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lolblue: *GASP* ... *WHEEZE* ... (Room 34 collapses on the floor.)

Solaris

The graphics, sound, and pace are decent, but the gameplay is simply not there. There are better space games out there. Much better.

Ranking=50/100

Sorcerer

A decent game with great graphics, gameplay, and sound effects. It gets rather repetitive.

Ranking=80/100

Gilbert Gottfried says:

In 2003, self-proclaimed Atari exepert Robsterman wrote a scorching review

of the game Sentinel in which he lampooned the game's horrible joystick controls.  But Sentinel was a lightgun game.

Hey Robsterman, WHAT THE FUCK???!!!

("Shout" by TFF plays in the background)

1. Sentinel IS a horrendous game with pathetic joystick controls. Also, the graphics are disproportional. This game is just downright painful to play. Might as well castrate yourself with a rusty chainsaw.

2. No offense, but why the huge hype for Thrust? It is a decent game (hence the 70/100) rating, but it is by no means a fantastic game. It wasn't fantastic in the arcade, and the Atari 2600 port is average at best.

3. "Uh Oh robsterman, soon you will have to remove that "Web sites that have more Atari 2600 reviews: 0" Hey, when the Robsterman sees a site with more Atari 2600 reviews, he will be glad to remove that claim. Until then, the mantle remains.

4. "Jeeze I dunno why I bother responding...You gotta know he beats off to the responses." This is totally uncalled for. Personally, give me Pamela Anderson and Jessica Simpson, a vat of mud, and me in as the referree, and that's another story.

5. "California Games (30/100? WTF?)" This game is tripe.

6. "Fatal Run (I actually like this one, like the 7800 version)" That's good for you, but it is NOT like the 77800 version.

7. "Marble Craze (this is NOT a prototype!)" Hey, whatever floats your boat.

8. "Sentinel (it uses a light gun, not a joystick!)" IT deserves a poor rating just for using this stupid light gun.

9. "Laser Blast (I found it boring)" Well, we will agree to disagree.

10. "Defender II (this EASILY deserved a 100/100!)" No, it didn't. It was a pathetic attempt at improving on the original (for NO reason).

11. "Thrust (another game that easily deserved a 100/100)" Nope. Hey, you have to keep it real.

12. "Solaris

Ranking=50/100"

Must be a Bill Gates fan.