IGNORED

VCSVideo(TM) pioneering video

Andrew Davie

My first idea would be to put a snip-it from a current Playstation 2 tv commercial on it... how novel and ironic for it to be played from an atari... but this will age once something bigger and newer then the PS2 comes out. *of course an NES 'now you're playing with power' add would be just as super*

Next, I would like to see either the 10 second clip of Heather Macrimera downing the cup of toxic hull cleaner then smashing through her glass coffee table (from the movie Heathers) or 10 seconds worth of "NO WIRE HANGERS!" child abuse fun from Mommie Dearest.

If all else fails I second the Paris Hilton idea...

Ethan

This proves, beyond a doubt, that the 2600 is eternal . . . Because, well, anything is possible with that little box . . . Which makes me wonder, if given enough motivation, time, and drugs, Andrew could make a working MindLink . . . :)

My suggestions for a video clip:

1: The Death Star explosion from Return of the Jedi.

2: That pizza guy in Pennsylvania's head getting blown off.

3: Whichever Atari commercial Jack Black was really in.

The sound:

1: Keep the original sound . . . Duh.

2: the Benny Hill theme

3: The "Tribute" riff by Tenacious D

I would definitely vote for an Atari commercial. Lets face it -- the people who get these cartridges aren't going to watch them over and over, and they will probably take them to shows and stuff to show the new technology. If I showed up at a show and someone plugged an Atari 2600 cartridge in and I saw a show / movie that I don't really know or like for 10 seconds, I wouldn't be as impressed with the technology as if I had seen a clip about the 2600. Besides, that way even someone else there who might not know too much about the machine, the clip would automatically introduce them to it.

While the idea of a space landing or flight or whatever is interesting, it wouldn't get the same message across in my opinion. Regardless of if the 2600 can play FMV or not, I think that we all realize that this will not cause a new revolution where people toss their PS2's and GameCubes and run out to pick up a 2600. It's awesome and completely revolutionary for what it is, but I think that outside of a select group, seeing a clip like that might be a little bit too much.

Those are my thoughts :)

How about this short clip that G4TV has on their website of Howard Scott Warshaw (author of Yars Revenge) dancing a jig?

Dang, that just occurred to me too!

It occurs to me that the light cycle bit from Tron, possibly after they break out and the tanks are chasing them, might work well too, but now we're back to copyright issues.

I thought of an old slogan that was used in Recycle ads. Mix it with a custom animation/morph and you have:

The recycle logo shapeshifts into the Atari logo.

Audio is, "Recycle, Resell, Reuse - because Atari matters"

I thought it was a neat idea - but uh... what do I know? Awww! I think I mismatched my socks again this morning - DAMMIT! :x

How about an image of PS2, GC, and XBox and the announcer says "Today's consoles may be popular but..." And have a 2600 console land and flatten nthe 3 consoles and the announcer continues "... nothing beats the classic!"

Or something like that.

I still think a bit of the 3D Yars Revenge commercial wuld be cool.

Yes, I think that's a good idea.  And people should remember that *I* am not American, so I'll have no particular reason to treat any American historical event with more favour than any other.

Do we have any historical Australian events on video?

How about that "May God save the Queen because nothing will save the Governer General" snippit? Or Hawk's "There will be no child living in poverty by 1990"? I think everything else is sport-related.

Why not do a short promotional thing for AtariAge? How about for PhillyClassic?

Just put a small clip with Albert and Alex talking about AA or something. Just ask the, to decribe it in 10 seconds or less...LOL.

How about YOU, Andrew Davie, shoot some footage of yourself explaining this breakthrough?

Hmm.

Why not do a short promotional thing for AtariAge? How about for PhillyClassic?

Hmm, or AGE2. ;) That sort of thing can always be done later.

Just put a small clip with Albert and Alex talking about AA or something. Just ask the, to decribe it in 10 seconds or less...LOL.

Haha, that would be funny, but I'd personally like to see some type of historical footage. Or maybe a clip from a movie.

..Al

What about the Moon Landing Hoax Video?http://www.moontruth.com/clips/moontruth.mpg

Interesting video. I saw the clip and found it humorous.

I would like to see 3-D Yars Revenge video ending with

"We are Atari. We invented the videogame and we bring the videogame experience home"

Here's a silly idea:

3 young kids rummaging through an attick come across a VCS. Unsure of what it is, they poke it around and come up with different ideas for what it might be.

1 says,"maybe it's a toaster... except for english muffins."

2 says,"naw, there's too many switches! It's probably the factory mp3 player from your Dad's Mustang!"

He pokes it with a stick, accidentally knocking it to the floor. The cartridge from the top comes loose (revealed is the title : Missile Command).

3 says, "Oh my God! Don't touch it! Do you want to be responsible for a world war?!

1 says, "He's right, this is boring anyways... let's go play the X-BOX"

(Some sort of ending caption here at the end.)

The conversation wouldn't have to go like that - but I think it would be funny to see clueless kids poking around an Atari. Perhaps instead of going to "play the X-Box", they go to play "Enter the Matrix"... the irony being that it has the Atari brand on the game.

Okay, maybe I'm just weird.

Ok I got it. How about the famous speech of John F. Kennedy giving the challenge to land a man on the moon by the end of the decade, except with the original audio dubbed over so that he is *instead* challenging to port the Paris Hilton sex tape to the Atari 2600 by the end of the decade. Then cut to the Paris Hilton sex tape, of course... :D

Ok I got it.  How about the famous speech of John F. Kennedy giving the challenge to land a man on the moon by the end of the decade, except with the original audio dubbed over so that he is *instead* challenging to port the Paris Hilton sex tape to the Atari 2600 by the end of the decade.  Then cut to the Paris Hilton sex tape, of course... :D

The VCS couldn't handle a night-vision video could it?

And besides, who would want to watch THAT? (Paris Hilton video).

:D