IGNORED

Wanted: List of Jaguar Prototypes

Albert

I think that TRF was originally going to be released on CD. That maybe why it was written as a CD game. That's also why I mentioned that it's 4MB on the Alpine and Flash Cart I have, without one player AI... as an incomplete game, it will NOT run on a 2MB Alpine. It does not currently reside on CD, as far as I know. Since I am the one who obtained the generous copy from High Voltage Software, I would like to know if there is a CD version anyone's seen. If it was just from memory, what I remember is that Brett Hull NHL Hockey was shown to run as a CD at JagFest, using JagFree CD with Protector Special Edition.

The games themselves are not the only surviving footage. Not in the case of TRF, anyway. (1) Carl Forhan has mentioned to me that he was going to submit a review in a magazine that may have screen shots. I don't recall when, or what magazine. You'll have to ask Carl, or I'll have to go through my e-mails. I don't have a copy of the mag. (2) I also have a couple screen shots saved somewhere that were sent to me from... someone, after I mentioned that I had the game. I think they are from the Marshall's Lost Games website. The link used to be at JI2. Where'd that go? (3)Carl has also mentioned the E3 '93 video footage he has a copy of, but I think it shows an even earlier version of the game. I haven't seen it yet. Eventually, I should. (4) I remember seeing a website with a review of TRF from JagFest that has a screenshot picture from the 'fest. Other websites may actually mention the game. Sorry, I don't know the links... but they were out there.

Dante's Inferno? Haven't heard about that one at all, any details?

As far as adding to the list, Black Ice White Noise is a definite!

Clint

==========================

I can say for certain that CD's for Dante's Inferno and Soul Star exist. I've seen them, but could not play them because they were unencrypted.

Tempest

I just want to thank everyone for their input so far! Once we get the Lynx section done (soon!), we're going to make some updates and addtions to the Jaguar section. This will include revising our rarity values so they better reflect reality (which is something we've already done, I just haven't updated the database yet), add all the known Prototypes, add a list of Vaporware titles, add some Programming information, and add a Jaguar Archives section. The Lynx section will be more complete than the Jag section when it goes online, so I want to go back and make sure they're both on equal footing.

..Al

I don't know anything about Dante's Inferno other than I saw the CD along with Soul Star. I swear I saw it mentioned somewhere (like on the lost Jag games site). I don't want to mention who has them in case they don't want it public yet.

So Black Ice/White Noise exists? Sweet!

Tempest

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: Tempest ]

quote:

Originally posted by MegaData:

I think that TRF was originally going to be released on CD. That maybe why it was written as a CD game... I would like to know if there is a CD version anyone's seen.

Correct, it was supposed to be a CD game, but the cart version you have is the only one I'm aware of.

quote:

[QB]The games themselves are not the only surviving footage. Not in the case of TRF, anyway. (1) Carl Forhan has mentioned to me that he was going to submit a review in a magazine that may have screen shots. I don't recall when, or what magazine.

[/QB

Classic Gamer Magazine... one of their last issues (perhaps THE last issue).

I still have the screen captures that I submitted for that issue, we could certainly put them up on AtariAge at some point.

I don't know anything about Dante's Inferno other than I saw the CD along with Soul Star. I swear I saw it mentioned somewhere (like on the lost Jag games site). I don't want to mention who has them in case they don't want it public yet.  

He has both?

I love this guy! *fires up email*

Stone

There's at least one post in the "Demolition Man Game?." thread that applies here.

quote:

Demolition Man was never released on the Jaguar. For more information on unreleased games check out these sites:

Heath Anderson

The last time I saw the CyberRoach website, there was a significantly smaller listing. I just took a glance over the Thea Realm Fighters page. Those are some pretty odd screenshots of TRF. I have not seen any of those things in the game I own. I would not say it is 90% complete, if that press release is accurate. It states that there will be 30 different backgrounds, 12 main characters, 25+ opponents... wow!

It's amazing to me that I hadn't heard anything about this game before I obtained a copy. Anyone with more information like this, feel free to contact me, just in case you couldn't tell I was interested.

• 19 years later...
45 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Bumpin' a dead thread!

Skyhammer, Varuna's Forces, Phase Zero, Barkley Shut up and Jam, Caves of Fear, Arena Football.

Skyhammer, Phase Zero, Barkley Shut Up and Jam, Caves of Fear and Arena Football '95 are all out there to either download or buy via B&C Computervisions. Varuna's Forces is also out there but at the hands of a nasty collector.