IGNORED

Copy Jaguar cd!

FAD

Hi Tim,

It's a common misconception that Hasbro released the "rights" to Jaguar games into the public domain. All they did was make it so developers wouldn't need to sign a license agreement with Hasbro to develop new games for the Jaguar. The complete press release is here:

Hasbro Releases Jaguar Publishing Rights

So in answer to your question, no, it's not legal to copy commercial Jaguar CDs.

..Al

quote:

So in answer to your question, no, it's not legal to copy commercial Jaguar CDs.

Except as backups of CDs you already own, that is

But he's right, the rights (no pun intended) to the games are not owned by Hasbro but by the people who originally developed the games, and their lawyers probably wouldn't be too happy to know that people were pirating their stuff.

Prototype CDs are pretty much fair game, however.

Stone

quote:

Originally posted by FAD:

Yeah I've tried there but the only cd game they have is Baldies.. The others where already bundled delivered with my cd-drive.

I'll order baldies!

Thnx!

Tim

Then try Video Game Source (Germany) or Telegames (UK) but they are more expensive.

B.T.W. The Myst CD pack-in was a demo version. As far as I can see, Jan is selling the full version. (Ask first)

Robert

Ok thnx! I'll check them out!

btw I went to Newcastle (england) and a shop there they (game) has new sealed jaguar games like ruiner pinball, pinball fantasies, themepark for just 4 pounds = 6,44 Euro.. So I've bought 4 games there =)

Tim

Well, I live near Amsterdam but since Intertoys sold the old Atari Benulux stock, I never saw a shop that still sells Atari stuff. Except for a couple of guys on eBay.

Only MABN does something with Atari ST/Falcons but I don't think they have anything for the Jaguar.

Robert