IGNORED

Submarine Games

Cybergoth

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I think Save the Whales qualifies. I'm not sure about Sea Battle. Most screenshots here in the database seem just to display some random PF garbage. On the bottom one there's both a destroyer and a sub, but it's hard to tell which is player controled... :)

Is there a DB entry for the MASH pirate?

If hacks are included don't forget Yellow Submarine:

http://www.atariage.com/hack_page.html?SystemID=2600&SoftwareHackID=45

Hehe cool. I really wonder how well the VCS can perform "Yellow Submarine"... Would make a nice title tune for, let's say a port of Sea Wolf 2... :ponder: :wink:

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Is there a DB entry for the MASH pirate?

I don't think so, but I can send you the binary if you want it.

I just checked out MASH again and I don't think I'll need it. But thanks for the offer!

Just realized that even though Marine Wars somewhat mimics the gameplay of Sea Wolf, it is A) no submarine but a warship you control here and B) it plays more like a poor Space Invaders clone...

Submarine Commander also seems to suck (or I don't get part of it...) as well as the sub parts of Air Sea Battle, so my list of acceptable submarine games is almost down to Seaquest, Polaris and Bermuda Triangle, with Seaquest being the only real qualitiy title of the bunch, right?

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

with Seaquest being the only real qualitiy title of the bunch, right?

IMO Polaris is also quite good.

I really like the first screen of Polaris. Except the end bit where you have to hit the plane to continue, it's really cool.

The second screen I don't like at all. It starts with an already bad playable obstacle course that gets even worse once the moving barriers are introduced (second run onwards) ...

Greetings,

Manuel

@Cybergoth: I got Sea Battle today and just tried it out.

It has the map mode and Battle modes. The Battle Mode is closer to what you probably had in mind, since Submarines are one of four ships you can battle with.

However, the sub moves along the surface of the water in Battle mode. Probably not what you are looking for. As a whole, the game itself isn't bad, IMO.

I also got StarFire in the same order. Freakin' awesome!:eek: 8) The emulators don't do it justice! The sound is also top notch!

Weston 8)

Don't forget Fantastic Voyage.

That's not 'technically' a submarine, though...

Sure it is, if I remember correctly it was originally designed for ocean research but then commandeered by the government.

It's OK Inky you don't have to give up your never wrong status since it's a fictional submarine. :D