IGNORED

Make a Better Wolfenstein Contest

neotokeo2001

WolfCart50.gif

Infiltrate the Nazi Stronghold to steal the Top Secret War Plans.

Fight your way thru Nazi Soldiers, Attack Dogs and other strange beast. Stay in a room too long and the dreaded SS will find you. Use the map screen to navigate to new rooms, but beware of patrolling guards. Pick up Treasue and other items in each room. Can you find the War Plans and escape??

Let's make a better Wolfenstein. Download the BIN and improve the hack(better enemy sprites, new floor plan, etc). For anyone who participates and makes Wolfenstein better, I will send a copy of the hack on cartridge. Now, obviously I can't send out 20 carts. So there will be 5 carts available. If there are less then 5 entries then everyone gets a cart, if there are more then I will have a public vote to see who gets the carts.

A single sprite change will count as an entry, but if it goes to voting you probably won't do as well as someone who has more improvements.

To enter just post the BIN file in the (Make a Better Wolfenstein)thread in the Contest Forum. Or e-mail it to me (tokeo@bellsouth.net) and I will post it. Entry deadline Jan.15.

wolfenstein.zip

Interesting way to go about a Wolfenstien Hack.  But you NEVER escape from Castle Wolfenstien!!!  Gah! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

Looks good! :)

No! There really is a way to escape. Just play thru the 44th level having collected all the bonus items, killing all the creatures and having never lost a life. If you do that correctly level 45 will contain the last item and an escape door to the outside. Game Over and You Win!!

OK. Maybe not. But it would be cool to put an ending into the game after so many levels. Any Homebrew programmers up to the challenge? It could even be set up to have a special patch or T-shirt made available to people who beat the game.

It's a Venture hack. Or - rather a Venture II: The Abysmal Abyss hack. Check out the room formations and obstacles added. Yup, I did that 3-4 years ago.

Hmph.

As I posted at Digital Press:

"I am still going to rearrange the map and rooms. For now I used the Venture 2 map."

The rooms will be changing before the final version and since you posted the message here at AtariAge you know that I am trying to get an actual ending and other improvements put into the game. I would welcome any help you can give in coming up with new rooms, maps or enemies. I don't plan on selling this hack or any of my hacks for a profit, but I would be more then willing to give you credit or send you a cart of the final hack for any help.

Latest Update on Wolfenstein. Work In Progress

Changed player character back to a round shape. Hat kept getting stuck on walls. Plays much smoother without it.

Started making changes to floorplan. Moving away from Venture II Map.

Completely changed all enemies and bonus items.

Added Safe Haven Spot on Map 1.

post-3832-1073156755_thumb.jpg

Whooo-hoo! Dig that enemies and items chart! Very nice neotokeo! :D

I like 'em all (even the radio :P ). I wish I could contribute something to this one but, sadly, I did not have Wolfenstein on my home computer growing up!

It's gotta be tough though, making some of these items! Atari is minimalism at it's finest! Looking forward to more!

Whooo-hoo! Dig that enemies and items chart! Very nice neotokeo! :D  

I like 'em all (even the radio :P ). I wish I could contribute something to this one but, sadly, I did not have Wolfenstein on my home computer growing up!  

It's gotta be tough though, making some of these items! Atari is minimalism at it's finest! Looking forward to more!

It does'nt have to follow the original game. If you can come up with an item or enemy sprite or even just improve an existing sprite, that will be good enough to get you an entry if it replaces or improves on one already in the game.

As I understand it, contestants post or email you a BIN file that's essentially a hack of your hack, and if you like some aspect of the entry than you will take it and incorporate it in your final product. Right?

Correct. Any changes that are improvements will be incorporated into the Final BIN for Wolfenstein.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know that they are any better than what you have already... but it's an entry. :-) maybe more later if I find some free time.

[edit]

changed "lion" to "tiger" because it looks more like that... or a cat or something. ha.

added ammo sprite.

[/edit]

[edit2]

changed radio antenna. This was Stan's idea, so this can be an entry for him. :-) @Stan - you're right, it does look a bit better.

[/edit2]

k

i don't know that they are any better than what you have already... but it's an entry.  :-)  maybe more later if I find some free time.

Official Entry #1

I will be using the K-9 image for sure. I'm also trying out the Death graphic and the player icon.

What does everybody else think?? Compare these sprites with the ones in my previous update.