IGNORED

Who here has a Heavy 6er?

ApolloBoy

I have two heavy sixers, both bought on ebay.

I paid $52 for an Atari heavy with 8 games (including Combat "01" and Video Olympics "21"). It also came with two working original joysticks (the type that click), a set of original paddles (I think they say 'Atari' instead of 'paddles') and an original grey power supply.

I paid $42 for a Sears heavy with an original grey power supply and a tan, cloth dust cover that has "Sears TELE-GAMES" imprinted upon it. I've never seen this dust cover before. Does anyone know anything about it?

Both are in beautiful condition and work perfectly. Also, neither auction mentioned anything about "heavy sixer" in the description, but I could tell what they were from the photos. I guess the sellers didn't know what they had.

That brings my total console count to 8: the 2 heavy sixers, a Sears and an Atari light sixer, a broken Sears and Atari light sixer, a woodgrain 4-switch that works great except for paddle 1, and a Vader I got for $50 from a guy at work: it came with 2 joysticks, original ps, box, and three games - Entombed, Pigs in Space, and Rubik's Cube. I figure I can make my money back on Rubik's Cube alone),

My Heavy 6er cost me $5 + shipping (about $30!) from the States - it was sold as not working... in fact I just needed to resolder the power jack - took about a minute of my time as it was enough just to reheat the solder pretty much.

I've since modded it and it's become my NTSC Atari of choice, as the Heavy 6ers have great picture quality, especially with composite video!

I like my heavy sixer.  For some reason I like it more than my four switch...dont know why though :ponder:

Any six switch system will give you a better video quality than the four switch systems. They are built better and they will always give you a great picture. The 4 switch ones always seem to have "washed out" video to me.

I have one, but the power jack is dying.  I have to wiggle and twist the jack just right for it to work.  I have no idea how to fix it either.

Sounds like the power jack needs to be resoldered. I had a light-sixer that behaved the same way...a quick resolder and it works fine now.

Actually that sounds like a problem that I fixed on a friends Jr. one time. The little metal prong inside of the jack was bent down and it made the plug very loose. I took the side off of the jack and bent the prong up an it was good as new. (It may need to be resoldered if the whole jack is loose on the board.)

I've got a heavy sixer. I don't use it, since it doesn't work well at all. You put a game in and in five seconds the screen blanks. It's been doing this since I got it, so I never have used it much.

My long time 2600 died over the holidays. I still have it, maybe it can get resurrected. So I'm back to my original 2600 which has a touchy power plug. From what was posted earlier in this thread, I guess the plug needs re-soldering.

I have a few now.

I like the build quality and the 70's Atari feeling (whatever that is).

I just sold a VERY nice boxed Sears sixer to someone in Holland.

To be honest, I expected it to go for more than it did; I've seen heavy sixers go for $$$ in the UK (if you'll pardon the contradiction).

The way eBay has been lately, I might be better off selling the joysticks alone!