IGNORED

Frostbite Best?

StanJr

So I sat down and played Frostbite tonight, just for kicks and ended up blowing my previous personal best out of the water (292K+). I LOVE Frostbite. It gets SO fast that you only have instinct to go on after about 200K. Great great game! What is your personal best?

post-409-1074406770_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I remeber the Frostbite 1 million zip file too.

You guys have got me on this one so far. My best is just over 300 K. But, one day!!!

Stan, you're right, after about 200K you must truly play on instinct! :wink:

At least we can say that we've lasted for a while at max difficulty. Now it's just a matter of building greater consistancy and having some good luck! I really hate that bear!

I got around 300,000 on a real Atari, I'm awful on emu's and don't consider them legit ;)

I agree as well. Its pure instinct and rhythm after around 200K.

I also flipped Megamania when I was younger (1980's). I'm sure if I practice again I could probably do it again.

Does Twin Galaxies still take submissions?

I can usually keep my guys until I hit around 280,000. . . at that point they start dropping like flies. I end up jumping right into the water, or something ridiculous like that. The games seems to really speed up at this point. I keep playing, because it is one of my favorites, but I always peak at some point soon after 300K. This sounds like a good title to have a tournament on. With everyone peaking at about the same scores, it would be a close competition.

Here's link (as per usual) to the current scores in the Twin Galaxies database.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/cgi-perl/searc...latformSelect=5

Yes, so far, Todd is the only one to submit a HexaNine score. Why 999,999? Because at the time, Activision was only reporting and publishing scores up to 999,999 even if the score counter rolls. Go figure.

As for me, you ALL have my pathetic score beat... :)

I really hate that bear!

But you have to love the sound it makes as it shuffels you off the screen :D :P Probly one of my favorite sound effects in atari games.

YES! :lolblue: Sometimes, if I'm having a bad game, I lose on purpose by running into the bear just to punish myself by listening to THAT SOUND! :lol: :lol:

Havent lost my touch :)

Hey Kepone you should give it some practice - the game gets easier as it speeds up a little. Sure once you get past ~120K it starts to get manic but after you got the first 7-10 levels over with it temporarily gets a bit easier. Avoiding the bear definately gets easier the faster the game is.

post-621-1074729630_thumb.jpg