IGNORED

They stole his picture, so he is bidding on the auction?

MrRetroGamer

^ No sense in trying to explain anything to you.

-------------------------------------------------------

This is what he said:

Yeah, I bid on it to stop the Buy It Now. I reported it yesterday and by the

time that eBay comes around and kills his auction, someone could do the buy

it now and he would end up winning. By making a bid, it forces 7 days which

by then eBay will kill his listing. Did I mention I was good at Video

Chess......

:evil:

Why does it matter?  It's just a picture.

Really. So you think it's okay to just grab pictures from anywhere on the net and use them to illustrate your auctions? Besides the fact that you are using someone's images without their permission, this also results in misrepresentation of the item being sold, especially when people who do steal images don't even state that the item pictured is not the item being sold (which seems to be 95% of the time).

..Al

Really. So you think it's okay to just grab pictures from anywhere on the net and use them to illustrate your auctions? Besides the fact that you are using someone's images without their permission, this also results in misrepresentation of the item being sold, especially when people who do steal images don't even state that the item pictured is not the item being sold (which seems to be 95% of the time).

..Al

Yep Would you want to buy something That you have know Idea what it Realy looks like. :?

..Al

Exactly.

If it's not a picture of the actual item, it isn't worth anything.

As in "Car for Sale"...

Picture may not represent actual car for sale, but is a genuine car.

..Al

Now, now Al....some people do think 95% is a good number.

:ponder: :roll:

..Al

Yep Would you want to buy something That you have know Idea what it Realy looks like. :?

There's no sense trying to talk sense into RCModeler. It's like talking to a canyon. All you'll get back is an echo at best.

Please stop quoting him, so I don't have to read any more of his illogical nonsense ;)

Would you want to buy something That you have know Idea what it Realy looks like.  :?

It depends. If it's a brand-new game or brand-new GameCube or grand-new something-else, then I see nothing wrong with taking a picture from amazon.com and using it in my auction. Brand-new is brand-new. It makes no difference.

However, if I'm selling a car with a smashed hood, and I post a picture of a brand-new car, then YES it matters.

ASIDE: I don't have a digi-cam. So I just take what pictures I find off the internet. Usually amazon.com.

Excellent use of the BIN-kill.

Yeah, that guy sure knows what "strategy" means... ;)

@ RCModeler: I don't want to flame this thread as it happens everytime the words "ebay" and "rcmodeler" appear together in a topic, but have you seriously tought to how your stuff is displayed on the internet? Who tells you WHAT people look at in an auction? This is a very general consideration: some look with a microscope at every lesser invisible scratch or bend, other look to the S/N & picture because they're searching for a SPECIFIC production range / features combination, other may want to take a look at the dates because only a well-known era of the goods' history matches their interests...

And don't say you explain in detail everything in your auction: this has been already discussed in other topics and we all know how it ended. By the way, how do you know that the words you use mean the same to your customers? I have recently left a feedback which is most self-explanatory: "MINT/MINT doesn't mean CUT-OUT to me". It was a still a positive - this time - because the price was such that it was OK for me anyway + I didnt' want to go through retaliation etc., but that guy has never been so close to a negative before, believe me.

Putting a picture of stuff you don't own for real on eBay is one of the most straight ways to have people jumping at your throat. :| IMHO.

..Al

Im still laughing over what you did to that one dude when I pointed out he was using your pics on the 5200 auction :lolblue: :lolblue: Almost makes me want to see someone else try to steal another of your pics Al;)

some look with a microscope at every lesser invisible scratch or bend, other look to the S/N & picture because they're searching for a SPECIFIC production range / features combination, other may want to take a look at the dates because only a well-known era of the goods' history matches their interests...

Like I said before, that's a good point, but 99% of the stuff I sell is brand-new or like-new condition. My stuff doesn't have scratches or ripped labels or anything like that.

I wish I could afford a digital camera. :sad: