IGNORED

Atari Monitor

zonic5

If you don't find an Atari monitor cable, you could get one for the C64. (But watch out as it has to have a 5-pin DIN plug!)

The pinouts are compatible. I tested it, my father built me a LCA cable (composite, separate chroma and audio as the Commodore 1084S monitor has a separate Chroma In and this gives a better picture quality) and it works on my 800XL and on my C64. Alternatively you could use the SCART-cable for the A8 and build a SCART-to-cinch (composite) adapter to hook it up to a composite monitor (a TFT screen with a composite in (or even SCART) will work nicely)

Here's all the info. The easiest way is to buy an S-Video cable and a 5-pin DIN connector and cut one plug off the cable. -Bryhttp://www.geocities.com/atarimods/svideo.html

Yes, I made it by this info page.

But beware, my first builded cable was bad because of interchange of Y and C signals. I checked this cable and it corresponded with scheme on this page.

I had tried to exchange Y a C (pin 3 and 4 on s-video cable) and it has worked then. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that signals on pin 3 and 4 it this scheme are interchanged (or s-video connector showed there is female on TV instead of male on the cable). :?