IGNORED

Here's one to add to your BLOCK LIST!! To Neg or Not to Neg?

povlok1

My 2 cents:

Everyone should read the item description and bid accordingly.

However, if a photo is used, I think that it should represent the item for sale. Or, at least, most of the photo should relate to the item for sale.

I don't doubt the sincerity of any of the sellers posting here, but I do think that allowing the actual subject of the auction to occupy a small proportion of the photo has the potential to mislead buyers.

OK, you have six carts to sell. You take one photo of all six, and use that in all six auctions, with a clear title and description that says only one cart is for sale in each auction. Fair enough.

But what if you are an unscrupulous seller? Six carts to sell, plus a Quadrun that you're keeping. Quadrun in the foreground...

Or how about using "stock" photos to conceal the condition of the actual items for sale?

In buying mode, I look at auctions for single items which have photos of multiple items with suspicion.

My first thought is, "The seller can't be bothered taking a picture of this item on it's own...it doesn't mean much to the seller...why should it mean anything to me?"

My second thought is, "If the seller doesn't think enough of this item to give it it's own photo, will he bother to pack it properly? He has a photo of six carts in this auction; will he treat me as one-sixth of a customer?"

I'm sure that none of the above applies to anyone posting here, but you see what I mean?

Most of the photos used on eBay are taken with digital cameras. So they cost essentially nothing, and take very little time. From a buyer's point of view, if a seller doesn't take the time to take an individual picture of the item, it suggests that they ascribe little value to the item, and correspondingly little value to the (potential) bidder.

note that when this was listed,, I also had 150 other carts listed, all just one cart in the photo.. that is my normal practice.. I originally tried selling these as a group.. and on relisting them after they didnt sell the first time,, at last min I decided to split them up,, so I added the last line in the description that states it was for one game.. also once again the debat wasnt about how I listed em neccessarly,, I can understand how someone can make the mistaked,, thats all kewl, .. what I was upset about was the fact that the lady was trying to blam me instead of just saying.. hey, I made a mistake,, can I get out of this auction?? Thats what had ticked me off,, I had 150 other games listed individually,, except for the other games in the pic, so it should of been obviouse I wasnt out to be deceptive on a handfull of games when so many were listed. btw.. I sold 3 others out of that lot with no problem.. and several others in that lot recieved no bids.. and they were all listed to end within five minutes of each other.. so it should of been hella obvious .. and once again, even tho she calmed down and sent me the payment out of the blue.. I still returned the funds.. thats all kewl.. but if this person would of been RC,, it would of been a neg?? geeeeze.. ebay :roll:

RCModeler wrote:

I'd pay you, but I'd leave a negative stating that your auction is unclear and possibly deceptive and future buyers be careful.

No more unclear than listing Paypal with the "no credit card" exception. It was in clear writing.

There are a lot of sellers who show multiple cartridges in their auctions of one title. Especially for those who have huge numbers of auctions to list. No, maybe with having all the carts pictured, the auction wasn't completely clear at first glance. However, one should read the details of an auction before they bid, or he/she is likely to not get exactly what they had expected. IMO, the bidder here was at fault, and should have either politely asked Povlok1 to relist, or eat it.

On the other hand, I'm not saying I'm completely free of guilt here. Just recently I was pretty pissed off when I received 3 boxed Imagic cartridges, only to find that one of them didn't have the plastic insert, and the Firefighter cart didn't work. I went back and looked at the auction which clearly stated - "Star Voyager cart is missing plastic insert", and "Cartridges worked when they were boxed up years ago, but are being sold AS IS". Therefore I had to swallow it whole. And I gave him positive feedback.

Well folks,, what do you think of this fine ebay'r??

You asked.

I answered.

And then you called me an "asshole", because you didn't like what I said. I think you should take that finger and point it towards yourself. Or else, don't ask for people's thoughts.

Dude doesn't it bother you in the least that half the members you interract with here wind up pissed off at you enough to call you names to begin with?

Well folks,, what do you think of this fine ebay'r??

You asked.

I answered.

And then you called me an "asshole", because you didn't like what I said. I think you should take that finger and point it towards yourself. Or else, don't ask for people's thoughts.

Why is it I just wnat to read a thread find out what is going on and BAMM!! there you are!

This whole statement is soooo the pot calling the kettle black.... you start trivial little threads all the time to get people's thoughts and when you don't like the thoughts you act like an ASSHOLE!!!

Sheesh...

Anyway if you are looking at the picture in the auction... right above it it states it's only for the 1 cart and even says if you see anything else you like they are up for auction too.

If people don't take the time to read an entire auction, it's their fault... ignorance is not a valid defense.

If people don't take the time to read an entire auction, it's their fault... ignorance is not a valid defense.

I don't disagree at all. I have to add, though, that I saw an auction the other day with a BIN on it. I was reading the loooooooong description and rules the seller posted, all seemed fair so I then clicked on the BIN button and was told "The Auction Has Ended". Someone had used the BIN while I was reading :sad:

Moral of the story: read everything in an auction and you might lose to someone who doesn't read :D

Mendon

It wasn't clear enough.  It took me a full minute to find the underlined section.  You should have had it as the FIRST LINE in the auction: You are bidding for MAZE only.  Just one cart.  Even the title is confusing.

Furthermore, why do you have multiple items in one pic?  What's so difficult about using Paint to edit out just ONE cart?

I'd pay you, but I'd leave a negative stating that your auction is unclear and possibly deceptive and future buyers be careful.

OK in your Auctions you should have had Then nothing would have happend in your auctions. This is almost the same thing but not as bad as yours, Becuase on his description, he didnt have a logo that stated I sell multiple games in a single auction, hence the visa mc logo on yours. You had numerous threads on why cant people read. Then youi take up for a person that didnt. You are the biggest hypocrite. I have every seen.

large-smiley-013.gif[/b]

It wasn't clear enough.  It took me a full minute to find the underlined section.  You should have had it as the FIRST LINE in the auction: You are bidding for MAZE only.  Just one cart.  Even the title is confusing.

Furthermore, why do you have multiple items in one pic?  What's so difficult about using Paint to edit out just ONE cart?

OK in your Auctions you should have had Then nothing would have happend in your auctions. This is almost the same thing but not as bad as yours, Becuase on his description, he didnt have a logo that stated I sell multiple games in a single auction, hence the visa mc logo on yours. You had numerous threads on why cant people read. Then youi take up for a person that didnt. You are the biggest hypocrite. I have every seen.

large-smiley-013.gif[/b]

You say above fist line in bold letters. Although in the Auction You started your thread, about I dont see it in the fist line or bold letters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3069352381

OK in your Auctions you should have had

Hello? I do have that disclaimer.

Let's examine your disclaimer' date=' shall we? It is totally misleading when coupled with the PayPal icon with credit cards list in Payment methods accepted.

Your disclamer is:

[b']Your game will be shipped *immediately* PLEASE NOTE: I do not accept credit cards[/b]

Okay so you don't directly take credit cards but you accept credit card payments thru PayPal.

You are either being deliberately misleading or you are dense. It has been pointed out to you several times that this is misleading. If I bid on an auction listing such as this and wanted to pay by PayPal with a credit card and you refused, you would receive a deserved negative feedback.

You want it both ways, the advantage of PayPal without actually accepting PayPal. This is "bait and switch". Start abiding by the rules if you are going to sell on eBay. And stop moaning when someone expects you to follow the listed payment terms in your auction.

A current auction with this disclaimer.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3075308501