IGNORED

SoftSynth 2 ?

tebe

tmr thanks and what about the one in the latest player? i am sure you know it as c64 maniac...

Off the top of my head, i recognised it as an Amiga chip tune but i'll have a listen later when i'm at home (haven't got the emulator here!) and check myself. =-)

[Edit] Okay, back at my own machine now; the tune in question is a Jochen Hippel Amiga piece if memory serves and it's covering a tiny chunk of the Wastelands from Ben Daglish's Last Ninja tunes (about 1:55 in).

ah... thanks jason... :) i'll have to dig out my a1200...

btw... just burnt my sid cd for my car hifi (my girlfriend thinks i am mad... but try to explain a non 8biter what's so nice on chiptunes... ;))

and i burnt

cybernoid 2

thalion intro

international karate

sanxion

giana sisters

bmx simulator

and others... and when i heard the CD on my hifi system i thought "damned i have heard this track on atari"... and it was sanxion...

i have double checked it with ASMA archive and in the tracks of rob hubbard... and it's extirpator.... after 20 years i realise that this is a c64 tune as well...

in the high voltage archive i haven't found jet set willy??? (the tunes there are not the atari one...)

and warhawk sid is not as good as the atari one even from composing point of view... i like the atari version more...

I can switch screen on but Antic DMA take a lot of CPU cycles and stopping procesor on a few cycles - a sound can be methalic and it give a lot of distortions.

About HARD sid emulating - i deassembling emulating routine - they can remapping sid frequency registers to POKEY generators but emulation of ADSR is LAME. (don't working at all sid tunes !)

I wrote a new ADSR emulating routine , its only my idea , based on SID documentation.

so raster man... seems that RMT is not at the end... and TMC has to proove new possibilities... ;)

:) I think it's another purpose of RMT/TMC and this great softsynth SID emulation. RMT/TMC is "for normal daily use", but this SoftSynth is "singular event". ;)

it's interesting that atariage was the 1st who had the possiblities to hear... i haven't heard anything at atariarea?

Hmm... Here is more active people on Atariage (all the active people from Atariarea + rest of active people from all the world). :)

in the high voltage archive i haven't found jet set willy??? (the tunes there are not the atari one...)

The Atari version was done a lot later than the C64 and the Spectrum original, Hubbard didn't do the C64 music and that tune is only used on the A8 and Amiga (i'm not aware of an ST version, but i could well be wrong).

i've been trying to talk one of the Cosine musicians into porting a couple of "lost" tunes like this for a while, he made a start but keeps getting tied up with other projects... =-)

and warhawk sid is not as good as the atari one even from composing point of view... i like the atari version more...

i preferred the C64 version myself, i just love the beginning... =-)

I dont know why TEBE give this file at this page first , maybe he can hear some opinion from peoples at all world  ;)  

I know why he puts this stuff firstly at AtariAge.... It's just because here one can attach (packed) file without any problem. 8)

There is a limit on the AtariArea's server, anyway.... And no "internal" links are possible there.... :roll:

Got it? ;)

GREAT WORK GUYS!! :)

But how about make them (last 2 files) work on real stuff? - some relocation of addresses, or something...

I just tried mo change the addys by myself (including the zero-page and the freaky block 3xx-8xx), but with poor result - i'm still not a coder... 8)

I just have no need to use emulator, while i have my Atari near. :D

GREETZ!!

Raster: why dont you try to buy the idea of software ADSR emulation to RMT ? maybe it would give another possibilities  

I dont want to fully emulate sid in RMT i am thinking about increasing instruments possibilities ...

If I'm right, ADSR means "Attack Decay Sustain Release" envelope mechanism. RMT is able to fully control the instrument envelope, so there is ADSR in RMT already.

I assume you mean there will be fine to use some SoftSynth method for mixing of true Pokey and SoftSynth voices. Ok, I have no objection for it, but I'm afraid here is problem to do it:

Main routine is spending too much time, that's why SoftSynth routine will be breaked too often (up to 4 times per frame) and for too long time, therefore SoftSynth can't produce nice continuous sounds. Of course, we could create some "special cutted off RMT routine without most of (without all) RMT effects", but then it's easier to use some existing routine - for example great Swiety's Pokey+SoftSynth routine and we need not to remove prime RMT features from RMT and glue SoftSynth possibilities there. Am I right? :music:

But how about make them (last 2 files) work on real stuff? - some relocation of addresses, or something...

I just tried mo change the addys by myself (including the zero-page and the freaky block 3xx-8xx), but with poor result -  i'm still not a coder...  8)

Miker, you're totally right! :D

I tried to run it on real Atari yesterday... I was using some few boot loaders, I made some few adjustments (additional routine for moving some lower memory blocks), but no success appeared and I didn't want to spend more time with it. :roll:

Saint (Swiety...) It cant running on real computer

Will the code ever be developped to run on the real hardware? I am hoping it is your early tests that are emulator only..

How about a cut down version of the routine with only one sid channel emulated rather than all 3. This could leave some CPU time free for some nice Pokey routines like in RMT.

Perhaps a totally new tracker. Not softsynth nor RMT

not a bad idea...on atari ST there are chip trackers where you have 1 or 2 sid voices in addition.

You would need only one "pure" Software Channel. While the YM must be "programmed" on every channel to sound like SID, POKEY has the ability of 2 Channels that can sound like Sid by Hardware....