IGNORED

Serious Sam Advance...

Jasoco

I just learned about this.

Why am I just finding out about this?

I saw it in the back of Nintendo Power. Apparently being released next month. April. By the screenshot shown, I can't tell if it'll be any good. So I went looking for other screenshots on the interweb, but can't find nothing. IGN has nothing. I search, it has a link to a page that links to another page with a paragraph that links BACK TO THE FIRST FUCKING PAGE that links BACK TO THE SECOND PAGE. And IGN runs so fucking slow I had to wait so freaking long to fins no info whatsoever.

Nintendo.com says "This game has been announced". Nothing more.

If it's supposedly coming out next month, why is there no info? I just wanna know if it'll even be any good. I love SS, but don't wanna buy a GBA version if it isn't any fun.

Tedious controls, I looked at it's review in NP review section. It said it had tough and tedious controls just to aim and shoot a monster, or enemy. Relese: 4/14/04

Serious Sam explodes onto the Game Boy Advance! With 12 massive, new levels set in classic Serious Sam locales, including Ancient Egypt and Ancient Rome, you'll take Serious Sam's firepower to Mental's minions. Use 10 diverse weapons against enemies and bosses never before seen on a Serious Sam game. Link up with three other friends for serious Serious Sam deathmatch action! Serious Sam Advance brings all the big booms, bangs and bams to the handheld experience.
It's Rated M by the ERSB :grin: :lol: :lolblue: I read a forum message, and this one guy was, "How violent can a GBA game be?" and another responded, "Violent enough to make a kid have nightmares for eternity."

Well, there is absolutely no information at all. Tedious controls doesn't sound too good.

:sad:

I'm disappointed.

Oh well, at least the GameCube version is coming out at the same time. No portable Sam for me... Unless the GBA version comes out at like $10.

there is no "tedious control"

the game is fuking great - lots of weapons and shit to kill to keep you bsy for awhile - along with some laughs through the game -

great shooter and great overall game - i got it for the xbox and i still play it from time to time - some levels are big and you might find yourself having to move around too much a few times, but its no big deal - you can save and go back later ;)

I can't play a FPS without 2 joysticks. Serious Sam was great on the XBOX but I have doubts if it will work on the GBA. Ecks vs Sever and Wolfenstein both sucked on the GBA.
I found Wolfenstein easier to play on the GBA. With the L and R buttons as Strafe, that's all I need. An ability to Strafe while walking. So I can circle the enemy. It'll work on Serious Sam Advance if they use the same control.

Doom

Doom II

Duke Nukem Advance

Dark Arena

Ecks VS Sever

those are a few of the FPS on GBA I have, and they all play great. Yes, they use the old L and R straifing controlls, but short of two sticks, that is the best straifing controll out there. If their bitching cause Serious Sam uses the same controll as every other FPS on the GBA, then it'll be fine. However, if somehow, Serious sams controlls do suck, it may be very bad. I loved Serious Same on the X-Box, and look forward to it on GameBoy too.

From the one screenshot I've seen anywhere (In Nintendo Power), it looks like crap. But it wasn't a really good shot anyway. I wonder how good the engine will be. GBA DOOM quality at least? As long as all the walls aren't right angles, I'll be happy. And maybe I'll check it out eventually.

I hope the Cube side-chapter lives up to the original. Heck, I hope the actual Xbox Sequel lives up to the original. I plan on buying both.

Edit: From Nintendo Power

Serious Sam Advance:

Armed with a chainsaw and a time machine, Serious Sam cuts through history to chase down Mental's minions in an FPS that's flush with intensity. Gameplay is basic -- no jumping, no Use Item button. Weapons and ammunition are abundant, and you'll need them; the enemies come at a quick clip and the touchy aiming controls guarantee that you'll miss a lot of shots.

Doesn't sound too bad actually. I just want more info and shots.

Talking about Serious Sam - in case you didn't know, they are making Serious Sam II to be released later this year.  8)
Of course. I already knew about that one. I wish it was out NOW. I want it NOW! And the Cube one. I want both NOW. I love Sam. NOW!!!! :D