IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/lot_56A4E7EA03

Unremarkable lot of Atari cartridges, with a couple of NES carts in there because why not. What does catch my attention however is whatever that thing is on the bottom right, second from the bottom. Anyone know what that is? It's certainly not shaped like a standard cartridge, but I can't make out the label.

Some interesting auctions today by some smaller auction halls.

CIB set of Atari 2600 games, including Pigs in Space, Tax Avoiders, Kung-Fu Master, Skate Boardin', and Pete Ross Baseball.

http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/lot_0C64BCFAC8

Mostly unremarkable 2600 mini, except for an Arcadia Supercharger buried among the lot.

http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/lot_9D24793B22

A Conic TVG 102-4, and an Atari 600XL

http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/lot_A284E64B71

Bunch of loose 2600 carts, but there looks to be two loose copies of Snoopy and the Red Baron.

http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/lot_5504C59A68

Periodically we post interesting auctions (both eBay and Bidiots now) to the front page. Sometimes we slack on this, such as the leading up from before PC5 to the present. icon_smile.gif I'm looking for some links to an interesting Atari-related eBay or Bidiots auction that I can highlight on the front page. "Interesting" means it should be a fairly unique or rare item, or maybe a monster auction with 400 unique 2600 games, prototypes, one-of-a-kind items, and so forth. This thread could be used to periodically highlight auctions of this nature, and then I can pick and choose what gets posted on the front page. If you want to suggest one or more of your own auctions, that's fine, as long as they meet the "interesting" criteria. icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

..Al

You may want to list this one:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255164-faebay-custom-made-coleco-tempest-with-working-spinner-and-arcade-system/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, i noticed that Schoolgirl is bidding....a lot.

Yep. No reason to allow someone to improve their collection when there's a dime to be made.

What's even more amusing is that they didn't even realize it's a tough find until they saw it mentioned in a thread sometime back. Now they just have to have it.

Edited by Atari_Bill

Yep. No reason to allow someone to improve their collection when there's a dime to be made.

What's even more amusing is that they didn't even realize it's a tough find until they saw it mentioned in a thread sometime back. Now they just have to have it.

Ultimately what schoolgirl does is schoolgirl's business. Having said that, i have experienced some shenanigans from her (pronounced "him") on two occasions. Both involved me winning bids on Xante carts. Having read on AA that he will sometimes try to contact sellers after bids are done and try to basically outbid you after the auction is over, I contacted both sellers and warned them of this practice. Both indeed told me she/he had contacted them and tried just that. Fortunately both sellers were honest and did not accept the after-bids. Not a fan, but if he wins the Math Gran Prix auction in the allotted time then he deserves the auction. Perhaps i will become interested in that auction myself, just to make things "fair"........

• Like 1

Ultimately what schoolgirl does is schoolgirl's business. Having said that, i have experienced some shenanigans from her (pronounced "him") on two occasions. Both involved me winning bids on Xante carts. Having read on AA that he will sometimes try to contact sellers after bids are done and try to basically outbid you after the auction is over, I contacted both sellers and warned them of this practice. Both indeed told me she/he had contacted them and tried just that. Fortunately both sellers were honest and did not accept the after-bids. Not a fan, but if he wins the Math Gran Prix auction in the allotted time then he deserves the auction. Perhaps i will become interested in that auction myself, just to make things "fair"........

No argument there. If he has unlimited resources to spend then it's all his to do whatever he wants with it. Like you say as long as it's won legally.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the Sears Math sold for $100 via BIN and then was relisted.

You have to wonder if cross dresser in a school dress had any sway in that.

Looks like he/she was the runner up in the auction bidding. Why would anyone bid so many times? Unless someone wanted to jack up the bid it doesn't make any sense...

Member Id: g***ss.gif( 1390iconRedStar_25x25.gif) US $305.00
Aug-14-16 18:21:12 PDT
s.gifs.gifs.gifMember Id: s***_s.gif( 881iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif) US $300.00
Aug-12-16 22:06:27 PDT
s.gifs.gifs.gifMember Id: r***es.gif( 2747iconRedStar_25x25.gif) US $295.00
Aug-12-16 22:01:09 PDT
Edited by Buyatari
  • Like 1

Looks like the Sears Math sold for $100 via BIN and then was relisted.

You have to wonder if cross dresser in a school dress had any sway in that.

Looks like he/she was the runner up in the auction bidding. Why would anyone bid so many times? Unless someone wanted to jack up the bid it doesn't make any sense...

Member Id: g***ss.gif( 1390iconRedStar_25x25.gif) US $305.00
Aug-14-16 18:21:12 PDT
s.gifs.gifs.gifMember Id: s***_s.gif( 881iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif) US $300.00
Aug-12-16 22:06:27 PDT
s.gifs.gifs.gifMember Id: r***es.gif( 2747iconRedStar_25x25.gif) US $295.00
Aug-12-16 22:01:09 PDT

I wasn't the winner :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...