IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Some neat stuff, I assume this guy must be a member here (these are BINs, not auctions, not sure how strict this thread is but neat Atari stuff is neat Atari stuff).

Atari CX-55 5200 VCS Cartridge Adapter Modded for Standalone Use Bundle

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151556458945

Atari 5200 Masterplay Type Controller Interface

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-5200-Masterplay-Type-Controller-Interface-/161596553035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259fe7b74b

Wow, thought I might finally be able to pick up a copy of this somewhere in the $75 range due to the horrible label. Guess not when happiestsellerever gets involved. Not sure why he is even interested as he always makes claim that his stuff is the absolute best top of the line you can buy. My guess is that if he gets this we'll see him begin to post multiple reproductions of it claiming that he's not sure if they are reproductions or not like he did with other recent games.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181663671465?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

EricDeLee, on 15 Feb 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:EricDeLee, on 15 Feb 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

Who is that atarilynxman guy? I hear he is a DB.

Silent wave to everyone from the past....

Are you that seller? Any chance you could block happiest from buying your stuff?

Why did you leave Atari out of the title for this?

I suggest doing away with the bin prices to give other people a chance to bid on your stuff ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enduro-by-TRON-T-Handle-Cart-Rare-/181668330294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4c46bb36

Edited by roadrunner

Ok, now this one has to be a joke right? He's watching the boards and laughing as he's posting this? That's truly the only thing that makes sense here. Even he's not stupid enough to post a very very common game for that. Not only common, but with a bad label. He calls it a variant, I call it a bad label making it absolutely worthless. Oddly, this one doesn't bother me as much as his others. It actually makes me laugh at how greedy and out of touch people can be.

Edited by Atari_Bill

In case you missed out the rare Vectrex homebrew game "Irrelevant", here is your chance to get it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IRRELEVANT-No-27-34-NEW-Vectrex/281600250264?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28797%26meid%3D26d614d09e2b42b595960da645df5966%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D281600250264

In case you don´t know the game, you can see it at the beginning of this video here:

http://youtu.be/bODr2h97hmQ

Are you that seller? Any chance you could block happiest from buying your stuff?

Why did you leave Atari out of the title for this?

I suggest doing away with the bin prices to give other people a chance to bid on your stuff ;)http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enduro-by-TRON-T-Handle-Cart-Rare-/181668330294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4c46bb36

Why block him? He's bringing good money to the table right now. What's the backstory as I haven't heard anything, except I know he's buying lots of my carts.

Yep... That was a posting I goofed up on. I tend to do that from time to time. I was putting reserves on stuff, then decided that was a waste and just wanted to try out the BIN approach. All I know is I'm boxing up games and shipping them out. That was the original goal... So something is working. Can't believe I forgot to say "Atari" on that one though. Lol

• Like 1

EricDeLee, on 16 Feb 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Why block him? He's bringing good money to the table right now. What's the backstory as I haven't heard anything, except I know he's buying lots of my carts.

Yep... That was a posting I goofed up on. I tend to do that from time to time. I was putting reserves on stuff, then decided that was a waste and just wanted to try out the BIN approach. All I know is I'm boxing up games and shipping them out. That was the original goal... So something is working. Can't believe I forgot to say "Atari" on that one though. Lol

OK, thanks for the info.

The backstory is he resells stuff for crazy, crazy high prices. $180 for a loose Polaris

Some of your stuff should sell much more than you paid for it with him bidding on it. :)

You have a lot of nice stuff.

Good luck with your auctions. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's interesting. I don't mind one way or another. I mean obviously that's a great thing for a seller. If I can sell a cart that used to be worth $2 a few years ago for $10 today, I'll do that every day of the week. Lol.

But I can see the frustration from the other side too. I've noticed he's got bids on the majority of my items. But in all fairness, others have been beating him lately.

It's interesting. I don't mind one way or another. I mean obviously that's a great thing for a seller. If I can sell a cart that used to be worth $2 a few years ago for $10 today, I'll do that every day of the week. Lol.

But I can see the frustration from the other side too. I've noticed he's got bids on the majority of my items. But in all fairness, others have been beating him lately.

Yes, he did not outbid me for your Glacier Patrol cart and for that I am very glad. I don' t think he even bid on it (i am sure Roadrunner can tell me whether he was one of the bidders or not). Good thing too, because had he taken that game from me I would have had to go to his house and beat him. :)

Happiest did bid on that Glacier.

---

@ErieDeLee

you had a few retractions on your stuff, even a few from happiest

I was just going to say that he did bid on that.

retractions: I think ebay has gone off their rocker to allow this.

What I saw, with listing 55 auctions:

People were using the "retractions" to say "opps I put in the wrong amount" after bidding higher and higher to try to see what others were bidding. Then... When they crossed that threshold, they would use retractions to take away their bid. Certain people did it a few times within a day or so of the auction ending. Interestingly enough: less then 6 hours after I said no to a purchase price for the rest of my collection as I decided it was a bit low. That bidder did it to two/three auctions. When questioned, it was stated that wasn't the case, it was just the person didn't know if the item was NTSC (Glib cart in particular for that one).

While I didn't like that, I'm not going to complain. I am happy with the prices of most of my items. Some carts, quite frankly, really surprised me. It seems limited edition runs are going thought the roof right now. I did not expect that. Overall... It's been a great experience. About 600 more Atari 2600 carts left to sell, along with a Ben Heck Portable

Then the Lynx stuff.

Yes, eBay has turned a blind eye to the practice of bid retractions as long as they are bringing in the cash. Too bad they've turned into such a money grubbing entity. Happiest is one of the worst, most deceptive of the type that live on eBay trying to take advantage of whomever they can. Beyond his high prices, the recent auctions selling fake carts as real shows his true stripes.

I checked, there doesn't appear to be an option for seller to block bidder who had xx bid retractions within the last yy months. We can block buyer who had NPB strike (2 or more in 1 year is the best) but nothing on retractions.

If eBay were to implement that and make it default on all existing seller accounts, he would suddenly find himself all alone, and rolling a new account to get around blocks can result in suspensions.

When I read about it, ebay allegedly does an account relook whe someone does a retraction a few times. I would assume the seller would have to report it though.

I also got one of the obligatory "please cancel my bid on your item, I had left my account open and my son placed a bid on this item, not me" type of message on one item. That was early in the auction. I canceled it just so I would have to deal with it later on.

• 4 weeks later...