IGNORED

My modded NES:

Bratwurst

Maybe you guys know about it, maybe you don't. Here's what I've done to it:

Installed a direct connect cart port-

Disabled the lockout chip-

Swapped the red power LED with a green one-

So what makes it so special? Well you have the connection reliability of a top loading NES but retain the video quality (and composite output) of a toaster. It looks OEM from the outside until you load a cartridge. It will be able to play any region 72-pin cart (although some PAL games will still have problems) and loads a split second faster. And uh, the green LED will have your visitors doing double takes. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm getting rid of this one since it was my 'prototype' and the outer shell wasn't in the best shape- minor scratches here and there, but it works. I've since made another one for myself to keep, and it's really pretty and no I'm not making anymore. In case you're wondering about reliability I've had this one since June of 2003, light use (just to test my carts as they come in) and it still works like a charm. I did one for MegaManFan, you can ask him how he feels about it, but I can tell you he promptly got rid of his new style NES. ;) Or doesn't use it. It's collecting dust!!!

Pictures, they were taken before I put the green LED in but you get the idea:

http://www.angelfire.com/apes/madmeat/toaster1.html

I'm willing to take trades on this one below the value of what I'd consider my time and effort involved, just to get it out. I've been hankering for a really nice cart of SNES Demon's Crest. Gameboy Advance titles, TG-16 hucards, Famicom carts, bla bla bla..

This is just for the deck itself, no controllers/no hookups.

Correction - I didn't actually get rid of my top loader at all. It's a piece of Nintendo history for one, and it can always serve as a backup unit for me if my Bratwurst special ever conks out. However, I've had my modded unit hooked up to my C-1702 monitor ever since I got it back from him, and absolutely LOVE it. :thumbsup:

That sucks, I would have liked one. How did you mod your NES with the cart port so it works more reliably than the standard spring loaded version? Changing LED is easy, but changing the cart slot and mounting it so it won't break off when you insert or remove the cart would be tricky. I remember someone did somethin g similiar but only that he slapped a 72 pin connector on the back and cut out an opening on the back of the deck so no bracklet would be needed.

How about white LED? It'd make the NES deck look a little more monochrome. :D

How about white LED?  It'd make the NES deck look a little more monochrome.  :D

Whatever floats your boat, I just stuck a green one in there to be different, and they're cheap. :P About the cart port, it was robbed from a game genie. :D I will assemble a webpage with pictures on how to do it soon.

I don't see whats the big deal how many ppl care about a freakin light.

The light is the best part! :D

I don't see whats the big deal how many ppl care about a freakin light.

The light's not the point. The point is combining the reliability of a top loader with the high quality video output of a toaster deck, and then you'll see why Brat's NES mod is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Man! :x I'd thought for sure you'd be hooked on those pickled pigs feet! And to think I was gonnna throw in a couple lousy neS games to boot.

Mmmm... pickled... :ponder:

cat.jpg

Oh well in the trash they go.. the NeS games, not the pickled pigs feet! I'm not that crazy LOL these Pickled pigs feet will make good trade fodder for someone...

Looks killer bratwurst...

yet that deck looks alittle familliar... ;o)

its always cool to see what you did to it...

and i think the light kicks ass... A different colored light is always a reall neat mod to do to make something look different....

Ive been looking for a blue jewel to make my carvin guitar amp look more like a matchless... :D

Brad

I did not intend for this thread to keep bubbling up to the surface, especially after there's nothing left to be sold/traded here! ;) If some kindly admin wishes to move it for the sake of everyone else trying to do business in the Marketplace forum I would not complain.

Will that still be at The Nintendo diference ?

Surely, I am a proponent of sharing knowledge.

Now to pack this chunk of plastic up and ship it out. :ponder: