IGNORED

Strange Controllers & stuff

Starhopper

Can anyone tell me about the 'quickshot II' joystick? I ran across one today, and suspect it is a british thing, but it works fine on my NTSC system. It is unusual in that it has mechanical switches, rather than the old dome-style or leaf contacts. :?

Can anyone tell me about the 'quickshot II' joystick? I ran across one today' date=' and suspect it is a british thing, but it works fine on my NTSC system. It is unusual in that it has mechanical switches, rather than the old dome-style or leaf contacts. :?[/quote']

Quickshot II is identical to Quickshot except that it has mechanical switches instead of the dome leaf contacts. The IIs are built to last instead of the previous version which wear out pretty easily. Common in the USA. It will work on any 2600 system. They feature autofire circuits. Nice!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Being a WICO gamer, myself, I have the Quickshot listed on EBay. It needed some repair, but is working really well. I played it for several hours with Solaris. It's freakishly responsive! :D

The link for the auction is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MESSE:IT

Send me an IM yahoo-style if you have any questions!