IGNORED

Street Fighter on The Xbox...Live!

I thought KI was a Nintendo propery... guess not.

Don't they already have Capcom vs. SNK 2 online enabled?  Old school fighters with next gen controllers suck ass anyway

Ki is a Rare property.

Buying a Pelican stick at gamestop takes care of the controller issue.

SF2: AE and SF3: 3s on live is going to rock hard. Don't forget other fighters coming out on the xbox for live: KOF 2002 (and supposedly KOF 2003), SNK vs Capcom, Guilty Gear XX #Reload, I've even heard rumors of Samurai Shodown 5 and Special, which would own so much it's not even funny. And of course, the first 3 Mortal Kombat games on Midway Arcade Treasures 2, which I'm hoping will be playable online against other people.

So...why have a ps2 for 2d fighters again?

So...why have a ps2 for 2d fighters again?
Installed userbase, non-fucking-horrible controllers.

Are you kidding me? PS2 pads fucking suck for fighting games. That whole "our diagonals are lame" really makes it hard to do shit on em.

I see no reason to even bother with pads when good arcade sticks are as readily available as they are. Pads are terrible for fighting games. You lose alot of precision and speed due to the very nature of using your thumb as opposed to your wrist. Xbox sticks are easy to get, PS2 sticks are easy to get, so controllers shouldn't be an issue.

And what good is that installed userbase if you can't play any of them other then a few people near you? So many of the people who care about playing fighting games are all about xbox live, simply because it means they don't have to drive for god knows how long to play other people, and as anyone can tell you, playing fighting games in single player mode gets old real fast. If Sony had a good online plan so that it'd be feasible to put online play on a fighting game for PS2, that'd be great, but, it isn't.

Really??? I find the Xbox Controller S the most comfortable control pad ever. I guess everyones hands are different.

Games like street fighter work best on arcade style control sticks with big hoooge buttons to mash so control pads are not the way to go.

xbox controller S is ok.. but it's no SF pad. And for that matter neither is the psx controller.. the recessed pad makes a Zangief piledriver pretty hard to pull off. Now the SNES pad.. (or even better.. the SNES ASCII pad :D) now THAT'S a pad that works well with SF2. Maybe it's because we grew up with it in our college dorm rooms but still.. it has that response the other pads can't really match with their recessed pads and cushy analog buttons. It's just a preference thing I guess. But of course in a pinch, the arcade controls are the level playing ground for everybody

Which controller to use is completely negligible since with adapters or third party controllers you pretty much have your pick of what controller you want to use on what system.

Online fighting games would ALMOST be enough to get me interested in the xbox. Of course, PAYING to be able to play online is always a negative though...

Which controller to use is completely negligible since with adapters or third party controllers you pretty much have your pick of what controller you want to use on what system.

Online fighting games would ALMOST be enough to get me interested in the xbox. Of course, PAYING to be able to play online is always a negative though...

The first year of Xbox Live is free, if I do recall :P You just have to pay for the kit. After the first year you have to pay, obviously, but thats only if you want another year of it.