IGNORED

Buying Hacks

Rocko

I try to get all the hacks that are released on cart. The main reason I hack the games is because I still enjoy playing them, and even with just a few graphic changes it brings a freshness to the game that the original did not have.

Plus it's cool to see names like BorgWars, Death Race, Space Invaders Arcade, Venture II and all the others.

How many of you buy the hacks that are made into carts? Why? (Not that its a bad thing, I am just curious)

Let's see. I have Combat Rock (music hack by Paul Slocum..right?) and Cosmic Bowling (neotokeo's hack).

And there are a few other interesting hacks that I wouldn't mind. Especially, Hangly-Man.

I have bought two of them on cartrige. Venture II, and Death Race.

I play them ALL on the good ol' cuttle cart though. And my favorites so far are cosmic bowling, joust neo, and Sadistroids. Also kaboom 9 is always good for about 3 seconds of fun :P

I would buy more if I had the money ;)

Also kaboom 9 is always good for about 3 seconds of fun :P

:idea: Sadoom! is the name! :)

I think back when I downloaded it, there wasn't a name. I will have to update my cc2 menu.

You should make it so that it is a trainer game. Keep it that fast, but don't take a bucket away when you die. As it is now you have to play it with your finger on the reset switch and after every bucket lost, you have to reset (because there is no point in trying to play that version with 2 or 1 buckets)

You should make it so that it is a trainer game. Keep it that fast, but don't take a bucket away when you die. As it is now you have to play it with your finger on the reset switch and after every bucket lost, you have to reset (because there is no point in trying to play that version with 2 or 1 buckets)

Hm, interesting idea, maybe another variation.

And while (miserabily) playing for the high score club I thought that the fire button should trigger reset too. Good idea?

How many of you buy the hacks that are made into carts? Why? (Not that its a bad thing, I am just curious)

I've got a few : "Asteroids DC+", "Battlezone TC", "Berzerk VE", "Missile Command TB", "Pac-Man Arcade", "Return Of Mario Brothers", and "Space Invaders Arcade".

How many of you buy the hacks that are made into carts? Why?

Eventually I would like to have most of the hacks by Nukey and Thomas. Right now I only have Asteroids DC (excellent BTW). I am also excited to see the Indy 500 XE and Castle Wolfenstein hacks when they are released. So why would I buy any of these? In many cases, the games are truer to their arcade counterparts, graphically or by the way they control. Variations on a theme or alterations to the way a game looks and feels sometimes keeps my interest in the game. Sometimes a hacker will take a game that I would not have given a second glance, and alter it in such a way that it is attractive.

And while (miserabily) playing for the high score club I thought that the fire button should trigger reset too. Good idea?

This is a great idea! One of my pet peaves is having to lift my fat arse from my comfy spot on the couch to reset a game.

:ponder: ... Ah, who am I kidding? I usually kick the switch with my foot. HAHA! :-)

I do. My whole family plays cosmic bowling at the moment! LOL-AFRO, that 70s show, and a good cup of coffee hit the spot everytime. I do buy hacks and have some made into carts. Cheers and Stan when are you going to post your hacks?? :P

my hacks are all on the Hacks page. I've not been hacking much lately, but the ones from last year are there. :)

My top score 4023 and I played back from 1 bucked on many occasions.

The fact that the speed is always the same and it's an odd numbered level makes it a lot easier than the name suggests ;)

I thought that the fire button should trigger reset too. Good idea?

I attemped the HSC this week, but did very poorly, so I probly won't even submit a score for this week.

Having a trainer version of kaboom that starts out fast and doesn't take buckets away would be cool.

And having sadoom reset on the button press would be wise also. :)

The fact that the speed is always the same and it's an odd numbered level makes it a lot easier than the name suggests  ;)

I don't know much about Kaboom (I suck!), so what's the difference between even and odd numbered levels?

In the even numbered levels the bombs have less space between them and are dropped in

lines so you're constantly catching somthing and if you mess up for a split second it's over.

The odd levels have more sapce and are droped further apart. Mabye it's just personal

preference but I find odd levels easier.

Mabey you could add level 10 and alternate :evil:

• 2 months later...