IGNORED

Galaga or Tempest

halogen8

Did Galaga or Tempest ever get releasted for the 2600? I have seen Galaxian listed, but not Galaga.

I never had a 2600 system as a kid, my dad got us the Odyesse 2 instead. All my friends had 2600's and I loved the games.

Well, I finally got the the Atari 2600 system I have always wanted (since I was 8 years old) this past weekend at a flea market for $15 including the power adaptor and 2 joysticks. I have picked up about 13 games and find myself wanting more and more. I guess I am now a collector.

Anyone ever try Gaplus? I have an arcade by me that actually has one but the game itself is too damn hard!

I was playing Galaga on that Namco 20 year reunion machine at my local movie theater (a buck a play, what a rip). You should have see the 12 year olds play the latest shoot 'em up next me give me strange looks. You'd think they never saw a classic game in their life. They were curious yet scared of the simple graphics and mystified by something called gameplay which their games didn't seem to have.

Tempest

There was always this rumor that you could get 3 or more ships at the bottom of the screen on Galaga. I always assumed it was kids telling tall tales, but when I saw Gaplus I realized there was some truth to it, only a different game.

I used to skip 1st period at high school to play Galaga (and Mr. Do) at the local Sheetz store's arcade. Sheetz is like a 7-11 or CoGo's, btw.