IGNORED

Seawolf Public Beta Test

Cybergoth

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Yes, the game will make its debut at the Oklahoma Gaming Expo this month.  :)

Woohooo! :) :) :)

Seems like another update to the Xype web site is needed.

Oh dear, I'm doing new games quicker than Paul can update the page :D

Yep, Manuel did a great job on the game, and Dave Exton created a superb label.  The manual is almost done, and from what I've seen thus far, it also will be exceptional.  :)

Yup! Even if one already thought his work on the Gunfight and Star Fire manuals was excellent and not to top, Dave still managed to outdo himself once again!! 'Exceptional' is the right word, indeed!

Will it be available in a black cart as well?

:ponder:

As the disclaimer of the manual reads:

"No original cartridges have been harmed or cannibalized to create Seawolf!" :D

Greetings,

Manuel

Will it be available in a black cart as well?

:ponder:

No, this game will only be available in blue. It's the whole reason this blue cart was even created. :)

..Al

partial :sad:

Don't get me wrong, I like the blue cart and it is appropriate for this release, but there is just something classic about the strandard black casing. I know I'm all alone in this thought, so it doesn't really matter.

Will this only be available in the AA store after the show?

Hi there!

Don't get me wrong, I like the blue cart and it is appropriate for this release, but there is just something classic about the strandard black casing.  I know I'm all alone in this thought, so it doesn't really matter.

Hm... but what do you do with Tigervision games? :)

Greetings,

Manuel

This is a must-buy. I played the hell out of that demo (here's hoping that the difficulty has been increased). Add this to the list of homebrews that aren't just a curiosity, but a serious game worth playing as if it were an Atari corporate release.

The blue cart is a nice change of scenery.

Yes, this is a must buy, definitely.

Tigervision carts? they stay carefully hidden in a bottom box. ;) Nah, like Nova, I enjoy the occasional change of pace, but I don't know, that baby blue cart is so incredibly blue. I'm sure I'll buy it and I'm sure I'll like it, no big.

Will this only be available in the AA store after the show?

Yes, and I've built enough copies in advance to hopefully take care of the initial demand right after the show, so there should be no delay in shipping them out. I may even add the game to the store prior to the show if I have time so people can pre-order it (and the other games we'll be releasing at the show).

..Al

Hi there!

Just to ask, will the final ROM for the game be released at some point? I plan on probably getting a copy anyhow at some point, but would like the usual "try before buy" option...

Certainly. Seawolf is my submission for the Mini Game Contest. It'll also be available here on AA in the usual distributable ZIP package soon.

Don't fear, all will be delivered, everyone will be served :)

Greetings,

Manuel

@ Stan

Having just done the manual, believe me, blue is definitely the theme color for this game:) (and it winds Albert up trying to accurately print it in CMYK, I'm sure. Fun ;) )

I do like black carts also though, and would pay extra on a homebrew to have a black cart that wasn't butchered from an existing game. I love that SeaWolf will just be available in new cases, a lot more friendly :) (well..apart from all the enviromental impact that printing huge swathes of deep blue is going to cause :D )