IGNORED

Can I post my first game here?

matzieq

Thanks for feedback, I certainly will do some more improvement on this game, I've already pumped up the difficulty, as the game seemed way too easy the first 100 points.

As for variety of enemies, I was thinking about that, but I think I'm gonna keep it under 1k, and I already have another game in mind, which happens to be a space shooter too (man, I love space shooters, they're my favourite classic games).

As for the chronicles, there's a problem. I haven't been tinkering with the code for so long, that when I printed it I couldn't understand a thing of what's going on :| So I'm afraid I'm going to end up rewriting the game from scratch.

But I wont let it die, don't worry :)

I like how they're harder to hit after each shot, but those UFO captains are asleep at the wheel! They should be taking some kinda evasive action in my opinion. It's too predictable where to place each shot next because they move in the same speed in the same direction. Maybe the UFO should randomly change direction after each hit. Such as 10 or 20% chance of reverse direction at first, then slowly raise that chance higher as the difficulty goes up, maxing at 80% or so? Not sure if that'd change the gameplay too much where it's chaotic and no fun...

Also maybe as it gets harder the enemies could put up short-lasting shields that absorb, then later, reflect your bullets. They would have to charge their shields so they can't have them on all the time, just 1/2 to 1 second bursts but they could try to block some of your shots to keep you from always holding down the button.

It's a good start and I hope to see more =)

Maybe the UFO should randomly change direction after each hit. Such as 10 or 20% chance of reverse direction at first, then slowly raise that chance higher as the difficulty goes up, maxing at 80% or so?

That's exactly what I'm planning to do, 80% however is way too much (I've done some experimenting already).

Also maybe as it gets harder the enemies could put up short-lasting shields that absorb, then later, reflect your bullets. They would have to charge their shields so they can't have them on all the time, just 1/2 to 1 second bursts but they could try to block some of your shots to keep you from always holding down the button.

That's a very good idea and I think I might do something like that if I decide to enhance it to 2k or even 4k. Thanks very much!

• 7 months later...
OK, it's been a while and I had to re-learn almost everything about the programming, but still I'm progressing on my way back into the action.

As for now, I sort of "remade" my first game, so that it's 1k and still better :)

Well, here it is:

Very sweet game...love to see a full release on cart one day

Paulie ( GINNIDOG )