IGNORED

The Offical Jagfest UK 2004 Thread!

thund3r

How long did it go on for after 5pm (when I left) on Saturday?

Few people were up till around 3 but some headed off early to bed.

Does anyone know what happend to my red Jo Jo extension lead?

Nick has it, i thought it was his so mite just want to email or pm him about it

Did I win the Asteroids?

Yes you did, and either me or steve need to sort out a prize....

Did Thund3r get home ok?

Yes i did thanx and i paid my journey home by helping nick carry boxes!

Is this too many questions?

sorry :D

No course it isnt, now go and spread the good news, that is jagfest :D

Hopefully yes, it will be open as long as people want it to be....

I got chucked out about 2:30 in the morning, boo... Actually I didn't get kicked out because Richard Stevens was too polite but I finally clocked that he was waiting patiently with keys. MyAtari member Matt Preston was with me and wide awake after consuming much alcohol, otherwise we'd have burnt all the way (after my initial drowsiness following late dinner and drink...). Big apologies to Richard for having kept him from sleeping.

oh and if anyone has any pictures they would like to put online please dont hesitate to pm or email me the photos and ill stick them on my site.

Will be more in the MyAtari report, but it went roughly like this:

INT. MESS                                         117

The entire crew is seated.

Hungrily swallowing huge portions of artificial food.

The cat eats from a dish on the table.

KANE

First thing I'm going to do when

we get back is eat some decent

food.

PARKER

I've had worse than this, but

I've had better too, if you know

what I mean.

LAMBERT

Christ, you're pounding down this

stuff like there's no tomorrow.

:ponder:

:P

sorry to hear man, we came to the conclusion at breakfast that it wouldnt be the same without you there, so its gunna be great if you can make it next year!

LOL, I hardly think I make that much of a difference, perhaps I double the beard quotient of the room or something, but other than that I am nothing special... thanks anyway :)

Hope to get to , and see people at other fests .. if we have another JagFest Micro (or just a few bods attending there) I would be able to make that one I think easily.

No piccies of the pizza? :(

Shall throw a quick report together sometime incase anybody cares what happened from my perspective, but for now I shall just mention how much fun I had and how cool it all was, and how I too hate Nick H for overloading me with goodies :D:love::D.

I hope everyone got home ok, I had a rather eventful (and un-fun) journey, but got there in the end, and then almost dozed off many times at work today dispite being full of red bull and lucozade hehe.

and yes, many fun Tyrant quotes in .sig files now, but, as I saw on some guys coat "Im not crazy, I just dont care" 8)

Pizza was all gone by the time I wandered in to the right room. Here are some pics of original Atari UK print advertising material, consisting of films (both positive and negative monochrome, and CMYK on separate layers) for making plates, colour proofs on glossy thick paper/card and hand-drawn concepts (many of which didn't make it to press). We only had space to show these after team member Thomas Wellicome left on the Saturday, and even then we could have really used a whole extra table.

post-3480-1087247061_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1087247062_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1087247063_thumb.jpg

No piccies of the pizza? :(

Wot do you expect? You and me ate most of it between us!

I suspect you missed me sneakily eating large amounts. I can be quite subtle when I want to ;) :D

And Shiuming: Why does Lynx kick our 'Buts'? :D

Stone

yea true.

oh and in the small print it was listing the features over sega gamegear and gameboy.

Well guys here is my take on another excellent weekend

After learning the lesson from last year i decided not to take too much stuff. So packing on friday morning was a lot less stressful than last, only 5 jags, 3 catboxes 3 jaglink 2's, 2 tv's and a handful of games and aff we did go. I collected Jagman on the way again, detouring to see my olde man on the way & grabbing a small meal before the feast later on! Ryan was glad to see that much more space was avalible in the car this year, as he had another sack full of atari goodies to sell as well as his N504 for his T3K tournament.

Knowing the way this year we arrived at the hotel about 730 pm to find a few familiar faces beavering away and getting ready for the show on saturday. At this point Jagman did his (now annual trick!) disappearing trick & left me to unpack again! Mind you a night sharing with the snoring of Nick H should have put paid to him doing this again next year.

So after unpacking & setting up what I could, it was time for the first meal of the Jagfest weekend. Much to Tyrants dismay (everything thai is hot!)we opted for a thai meal which turned out to be rather nice. 11 of us managed to fill our greedy little faces full of oreintal delights. Even Tyrant was won over! So it cant of been all that bad.

Suitably full we wandered back for the first reak session of gaming the weekend was to see. Personally I got my ass roundly kicked playing a c64 version of bomberman. Allan, Jazhaz & Shaun all putting me to shame :wink: Still i was able to enjoy the sight of TC on the jag (cheers Stone) which was very nice to see, only wished I had actually had a go now!

About 130am I retired to bed (being the lightweight I am!) in readyness for the days ahead.

After a suitable hearty good english breakfast final preparations were made for the 10 o'clock opening. All monitors, consoles and computers blasting out the various soundtracks for what turned out to be a great day.

A lot more diverse show than last year had Myatari working away on tha magazine again, with Cheshunt CC in close proximity along with Shaun and Allan with their Commodore corner. The portfolio club showed up too making the this room full of things to see and do. A PS2 was also spotted playing classic games thanks to the Activision anthology.

The middle room was a money magent with 16/32 displaying all maner of Atari delights to tempt the cash (or plastic!) from your pocket. The only sound to be heard was the rubbing together of Nick H's hands as another pumter was tempted to part with some of that nice green stuff! Sitting patiently by was Richard Stevens planning his tactics for swiping away Jagmans Worms crown!

In the far room there was a small network of Jag's running BS. Which from the amount of play that it got might as well have been Aircars! Stone had set up his alpine and was running various demos during the day. Another Jag displaying BHH hockey got as much use as BS. This all changed later when the N504 was unvelied & T3K was pumping out next to a Dreamcast! The Competition organiser had a nice big desk & a comfy chair. On this note a big thanks to Steve Moss for his role. Three very successful events were co-ordianted by him and ran far too well for him not to get the job again next year. Well done! Talking of Steve he had his Jag set up for his own Worms tourney along with a very nice piece of hardware (more later) Also present was the CT60 of CiH and Rob Perry's gamebaseST with a shed full of emulators running away beatifully. Completing the room was thund3r with a running display of 7800, Jag & XBOX!

Many an hours passed quickly away talking and playing to people old and new. Food came & went quickly until it was time for the BBQ with Nick H doing his best impression of Gordon Ramsey, but without the swearing. Although how he managed this with all the taunting he got I've no idea.

I have to confess it was about this point that four of us wandered off to the pub to watch the footie and enjoy some Guiness too.

Upon our return the event had died a little except for tha hardcore blasting away until the early hours high on adrenaline & rum & coke!

Sunday, started in much the same was with a nice english breakfast. The day was a much calmer affair with more gaming & the T3K comp to give our itchy fingers some action once more. The final battle was a family affair with Terry & June (tyrant & stone which is which you can decide!) playing out the final which Stone eventually won.

The grand fianle was the prize draw, but who won what we are not really sure! Only Stone was there to collect a prize (well he did buy the most tickets again this year!) While I was left to ponder why I didnt buy a ticket that started with a 2!

So another jagfest Uk has come and gone & I think a good time was had by all. My personal highlights was finally beating Barkley over a seven game series with my partner in crime Nico Hofer. We played this game for hours last year and could mange to win. It was with relief and immense pride that we fianlly did it winning 4-1. sad but true. The other highlight (although I didnt play worms much) was Steve Moss' converted team tap. Made specifically for his worms tournament, he has modified it so that 4 joypads can be used rather than passing around one. A simple press of the 9 button on the keypad allows you to take control. Along with the colour co-ordianted overlays to match your relevant team it was a stroke of genius. It was only on the way out when we discussed the possiblities for this little device. Now I know Tyrant will like this coz you could in theory have a two player T2K game using rotaries and only have to press a button the access the normal pad for the bonus sections! Anyhoo, a great little device & I cant wait to get my grubby mits on one for myself. Well done Steve. The final highlight was of course cathcing up with everyone again and ahving a jolly good time.

I can't wait until next year to do it all again. Big thanks to Nick H for bringing together everything again and to all those who contributed to making it a great show

See you all again in September 05

Gaztee

:twisted:

I'm trying to write a little something about the this years tournaments but unthinking I let Ryan run off with my master sign up list. I have requested the information from him but have had no reply so just incase he is on holiday and can not reach me in time or has lost it I would like to know the following...

1) Who entered

2) Am I correct in saying that Stone selected the Lynx as first prize

3) Who came third and fourth?

4) I know the third and fourth place players must have played either Stone or Tyrant in the second round but who played who?

I think thats about it, PM me anything else you think may be of interest for example were the second round games, 3rd/4th playoff and final close or a whitewash.

Thanks.