IGNORED

My 4 port A5200 stop working & I need advice

Henry Lee

If your not getting any spark when plugging in the system into the RF..then the Power supply is most likely the problem...

You have to crack the case open..but there is a fuse in there that is replacable. However I have always stood on the side where if a Fuse blows..something else must be wrong to have caused that...

so I say try the fuse first if you wish..and it isn't a difficult fix. But also think about a new power supply.

Here is something...do you hear the switch box click over at all? There is a beefy relay in those things that you can physically hear when it switches the power over through the RF.

• 12 years later...

Too bad replalcement boxes are so expensive on ebay. And I am no good with soldering. Maybe if I can find a cheap 2 port. My box is going wonky. Turns on now. But the slightest tap twist of the cords and its off. Even once while in the middle of a game it went off. No touching anything other than the controller.

Too bad replalcement boxes are so expensive on ebay. And I am no good with soldering. Maybe if I can find a cheap 2 port. My box is going wonky. Turns on now. But the slightest tap twist of the cords and its off. Even once while in the middle of a game it went off. No touching anything other than the controller.

Have you tried out Best Electronics?

Send it to me next week. I'll bring some parts along when I return to GA.

Edited by zylon

• 2 weeks later...

If your not getting any spark when plugging in the system into the RF..then the Power supply is most likely the problem...

You have to crack the case open..but there is a fuse in there that is replacable. However I have always stood on the side where if a Fuse blows..something else must be wrong to have caused that...

so I say try the fuse first if you wish..and it isn't a difficult fix. But also think about a new power supply.

Here is something...do you hear the switch box click over at all? There is a beefy relay in those things that you can physically hear when it switches the power over through the RF.

After learning of the sparks from AVGN I make an effort to always have it unplugged from the wall when I connect or disconnect from the RF box. Arcing electricity can't be good and could be why the fuse gets blown on some units.

• 4 weeks later...