IGNORED

SoulStar on eBay

davidcalgary29

Wow, what a dilema! The question becomes, "should we have to PAY for piracy?"

I don't think there's a single person on here or that I know in person who doesn't have some sort of music, movie, game, or app that they've questionably downloaded from the internet. So the whole debate about whether this is right or wrong is rather empty to me. Because even if you tell me you've never downloaded a single solitary MP3 in your life I probably won't believe it.

However, I do see some merit in the arguement that this person is charging for something that isn't his in the first place. But really, if Soulstar were made available for download here on Atariage or elsewhere, would anybody be complaining?

But who's going to want to make their prize prototype, in which a mint was paid, available to the public without some sort of compensation? What a predicament, eh?

Comparison that has nothing to do with the Jag:

How does it differ from a 2600 proto that is aquired for $$$, and then burned to cartridges to recoup the cost of aquiring it? That too is something that happens around here, and few people seem to have a problem with ;) And it's always been the buyer's own call if an image will be posted for free download (sometimes after said cartridges have been sold).

[/comparison]

You don't want to buy it? Then don't. But don't even ATTEMPT to act as if there is nothing breaking copyright on your computer.

Well I would also love to see those games just appear on the net. But with this copy issue appears another problem. Some of you call it abandonware okay, but if one copies these games what stops him from copying newer games too etc...

A developer working on a new game might not like that idea getting something normal in the community. Now you could say, yeah that is an active developer so I don't copy his stuff, but you know you still would if you could. Everyone would copy Battlesphere given the possibility and that game is not even really abandoned..I don't know a clever solution. I think it really just comes down to personal points of view. One who copies stuff won't stop just because someone tells him too. And if you are supporting the jag you don't copy or in the case of Soulstar you might eat that bitter apple and pay whatever someone with a copy wants you to pay.

Peter

Anyone thought of asking these older companies to make these game available online, or even a partial game, and then if you wanted a more completed version, send in shareware fee?

Like Soulstar. Get them to host a part of the game, or even the whole game online. We get to try it. We send in a shareware fee.

True many will probably not pay it, but the important thing here is FEEDBACK. They see how many are interested, and even fill out the registration for it maybe.

Though it is unlikely they will do further development on the game, they could incur some shareware fees from what was made.

Look at what a sensation Doom (on the PC) was in the early days... distributed only as shareware at first.

Well I would also love to see those games just appear on the net. But with this copy issue appears another problem. Some of you call it abandonware okay, but if one copies these games what stops him from copying newer games too etc...

I don't want to schock anybody but this kind of stuff has been happening for years now.

I don't want to schock anybody but this kind of stuff has been happening for years now.

You're not shocking anyone. It's just a principle. I mean if you say that it happens anyway why should one talk about it? But as we can see it creates quiet a debate, so I guess one can express himself.

By the way. From what i understood the game is finished, just that the copy everyone seems to have is buggy due to some copyproblem or mistake. There is rumored to be a fully working copy out there.

Gunstar managed to get past some bugs and said, that the whole game was in there....

Peter

Didn't AtariJagLives say he wasn't going to be selling Soulstar on ebay anymore?  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8138138839&rd=1

yes he said that. he was a asshold then, and he is a asshole now. and he knows what i think of thim. if not. that shithead should check his email more often

and nukey shay. i dont want to hear anything from you.

Just thought I'd let people here know (people who frequent JS2 already know), this game IS COMPLETE: it's just a corrupted copy that has been spreading and being sold on E-bay. If the original uncorrupted copy would surface (someone out there has it) then we could ask Core about getting it officially released. Now, how do I know it's complete? Well, for one, I've successfully gotten past the 4th "corrupted" level of the game, it's possible, if you perservier, as it will crash about 75% of the time once you destroy the CPU in the mothership on level 4, but it IS possible to get past it and play the rest of the game, well, I've made it to level 7 or 8 anyway. In the mothership, once you destroy the CPU and it DOESN"T crash the game, it's possible to enter 2 of the three gates (easy, medium, hard); hard or medium, but it crashes the least when hard is chosen, and the difficulty level only changes the order of levels and the harder, the more levels, so you want "hard" anyway to be able to play all the levels. I also know it's a complete game in there and only corrupted copies becuase if you load the game and just let it sit there and go through demo mode/highscore screen/main menu, it will show a DIFFERENT level for each demo (it shows only the first stages of all the "missions", so it skips levels in the demo, but you can see many levels if you just watch the demo. If you play the game, and get past the part that it crashes, you will see other levels/stages that the demo skips. It's all there folks, if you can get past level four, which not only crashes a LOT, but has garbled graphcis due to the corruption of the copies, but it is possible to play it and get past it! Look up the strategy guide for the SegaCD version of the game as the Jag version follows it exactly. Good luck!

Question:

Somebody is selling the (yet undiscovered) proto "Ladybug" by Coleco for the 2600, and is asking $300 for it. Somebody else purchases it with the sole intent of making reproductions of it to recoup their investment.

What is a fair price that they should sell the repros for?

Keep in mind that video games generally sold for $30 (new) back in the day. And there was no such thing as emulation.

isnt 2600 LB an april fools somewhere?

Yes' date=' but it was also a vaporware title. I was posting that as an example of [i']what you would do[/i] if it had been discovered. Feel free to substitute any undiscovered 2600 protos in place of that one if you choose, but the question would remain the same.

All I know is I want a complete jag soul star.

Nope. Not unless you fork over some pretty high bucks for one of the original protos. Problem is, that those who have them wouldn't want to sell them (or even a freaking COPY of them). Fun, huh? Fucking elitist bastards. It's problems like this that remind me to stay out of the Jag arena.

You assholes can keep the damn console. I couldn't care less.

* out of this pathetic argument, and arguing with pathetic people

• Like 1

i think you should be happy with what you got. i am a sonic fan but i am not complaining about sonic X. nor do i see a reason why i should. if someone got the game its nice for them. but i dont need a illigal copy of the game. it would make me own something illigal. and thus could get me into jail. which is not something i am waiting for.

For those few that have Soulstar, have you been able to load it with the Battlesphere Gold CD bypass?

Basically BS Gold is the only bypass I have to try, so I would love to know if anyone else has gotten it to work.

Thanks!

Doctor Clu