IGNORED

any final fantasy gamers?

shivaAsh

I still like Fnal Fantasy VII out of all of that series, and I have played the majority of them. I watched a friend play FF7 on his Playstation, then I bought the game for the PC and played it on my (then) cutting-edge graphics card.

Great story, great characters, amazing graphics for the time. VII for sure!

FF6. I like the gameplay quite a bit better than 7. The 4 characters

at once is nice too. The graphics are 2D, but there is a lot of detail

and expressions for the PC's, so that doesn't bother me compared

to the new 3D ones. I also like how the plot goes from linear in the

beginning to wide open at the end, so you have some time to just

explore and try new things once you have the feel of the game.

(Oh, and no load time delays since I have it on cart)

--The Eidolon

I played NES FF 1. Loved it

Played SNES FF2. Loved it.

Played SNES FF3. Was ok.. I didn't like how you could get every character to have exactly the same magic.. so that's exactly what I did. Ended up being no fun

Played PSX FF VII. Got halfway through. Didn't like the 3D and could never adapt to it, etc. I stopped there and haven't looked at a FF game since although FF X looks kind of good. Unfortunately I'm no longer single and have time to play through RPG's with any kind of commitment :P

Final Fantasy VI (best)

Final Fantasy IV (second)

Final Fantasy V (great)

Final Fantasy IX (good)

Final Fantasy VII (played, 2 nice characters (Sephiroth and Red XIII)

Final Fantasy I-III (NES) never played, so can't say much about them. But looks great on PSX and WonderSwan Color (1 & 2).

Final Fantasy VIII (don't like the graphic so never played)

Final Fantasy X & X-2 (PS2) not played yet, because no PS2 yet. But maybe soon.

And I collect all Final Fantasy games, which I can get. :) :love:

is the first final fantasy for NES good?

Yes.

Well, unless you expect to just hammer on attack in every battle like you can on the SNES and PS games. The NES game requires you to THINK about your attacks.

I think Final Fantasy is way overhyped. Past game 4 or 5, it started going downhill.

#7 in particular is a just-plain mediocre game. Hardly a great title, much less the "OMG BESTEST GAEM EVAR" that so many people make it out to be.

I played 1-3 and then played 7 and thought it was cool but so different than what I was used to.

Then part 8 and 9 came out and I finally started to get bored with the series

When I played 10 I new it would be my final FF game unless they made changes. I just got tired of the pretty young people in the pretty world cutscenes and the same type of characters (mercenarythief young male not sure of his past looking, hooking up with a girl but never kissing and finally saving the universe from destruction).

Ugghhhhh

I love FF XI though........its a great online rpg that is not like the single player games.

In order, I would have to say:

FF6

FF7

FF4

FF8

FFX-2

FF9

FF2

FF1

FFX

FF5

Never played FF3 since it wasn't translated/released stateside. Hated the job system in FF5, because by the time I deemed my characters worthy of using in battle, I was sick of the game. FFX was a movie about a gay guy who kisses a girl, no armor, weapons, stupid sphere system, just BLECH.

I miss Japanese RPG's that actually HAD weapons and armor.

I really enjoyed 1 and 4, 6 seemed to drag out too long for me and like others I never could get used to the 3d thing in 7.

The Final Fantasy Legend games for GB were among my favorites. And also Secret of Mana which I still mentally think of as an FF "spinoff" of sorts.

I really enjoyed 1 and 4' date=' 6 seemed to drag out too long for me and like others I never could get used to the 3d thing in 7.

The Final Fantasy Legend games for GB were among my favorites. And also Secret of Mana which I still mentally think of as an FF "spinoff" of sorts.[/quote']

Oh, and it's VERY difficult to play 1 again after playing any of the later ones. You really get spoiled by the speed and graphics of the later games.

I can't believe no one has mentioned my favorite:

TACTICS!

Maybe you guys don't count it as a real FF game but I like it because it has all the fun of battling without the burden of exploring or talking to people.

7 is my favorite but I still love the older ones. 8 sucked 9 was ok 10 was good I hated x2 : ( now I'll await 12 cause I'm not playing 11 online. tactics I started it but had to much to do but I heard it rocks ,also I have played crystal chronicles. Anyone play that one for gamecube? if so what did You think of it?

im playing though X again, and while the idea of minigames in general do not bother me, the reliance of them is really starting to piss me off. in particular, the gawd awful butterfly catching game. The play mechanics make this task virtually impossible, and it is something you must complete if you wish your characters to reach the upper echelons of development.

I've played a few of them and like them. I've beat FF1 (NES) and really liked it. Eventually I'll play through them all. That's a goal of mine.

I've played FF7, FF9 and X and X-2 (But haven't completed any of them... I've stopped playing X-2 because I'm afraid I'll spoil X being that I haven't beat it yet)