IGNORED

Lynx 3d demo

glitch

Has there been any more information on the 3d demo that was released awhile back?  I belive Lucien was the programmer but I'm not 100% sure since my forum searches are failing at the moment.

Do you mean the Demo of the "Dungeon Master" Engine, showed on the S-I-M-I-S Cartridge?

Greetings

Johannes

I was asking about the other 3d demo (not from S.I.M.I.S). The last thing I had heard was he was going to try to make a game utilizing the 3d engine and was wondering if anyone had heard of any progress. I believe he was going to try to do a more puzzle like game than FPS.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry hadn't time to continue this and since my notebook also died nothing really happened since then. I did start on a general routine for moving objects which would be the last tough thing to program but didn't get to implement this.

If I buy a new notebook I might work on this again. Unfortunately this is quite work intensive since the code has to be mainly assembler for speed and space.

Lucien

Sry to hear about your notebook. I just had to replace mine recently. Hopefully it didn't cause you to loose any of your work. I'd love to see what you can do with the demo looks like it would be really sweet (and they said it couldn't be done :D ). If you get back to it please keep us updated.

Actually last thing I worked on is to solve the moving objects issue. The problem here is that I only have 8 bits in the map to indicate an object. But if you shoot you have typically sitting 2 objects in the same map location. So I probably - to reduce space/complexity - have to limit to max 1-2 moving objects at the same time. So if you shoot you would not be able to shoot more than once at a time (same for opponent). But shooting would be anyway a secondary part of this game (puzzle comes first).