IGNORED

Music form Rastan

samurai

Hi,

btw. what happened to uwe loos? he made the brilliant songs of abbuc mag #25 and the omen demo and studio dream? (check them out in the ASMA archive...)...

anybody knows something about the german chaotics where uwe was part of?

the German Chaotics are/were Ingo Tamme and Uwe Loos. Both guys were located in Karl-Marx-Stadt=Chemnitz (eastern part of Germany) - after the release of their second demo Studio Dreams they planned to issue a shooter-game called The Silent Story featuring big software sprites :love: At that time, 1989/90, the whole Atari 8-Bit scene went down (everyone bought an Amiga or game console) and Ingo presumably dropped the game project :sad: since he originally wanted to earn money with this game.

If I remember right Ingo intended to develop for the Master System from Sega. Then I lost him out of sight and never saw him again :sad:

André

At that time, 1989/90, the whole Atari 8-Bit scene went down (everyone bought an Amiga or game console)

really? Weren't HighTechTeam doing own demos/ MegaMagazine or some Polish guys, Bewesoft from Czech, or even that team from Turkey(T.A.C.F.)? What about HOBBY TRONIC megademo? ;)

and Ingo presumably dropped the game project :sad: since he originally wanted to earn money with this game.

that's really very sad... :( As he was really good at his stuff. Maybe TGC was the first people that used so widely digitised music on Atari 8-bit. It was fantastic !

Don't forget about their utility (copy-program alike) for XF-551 diskdrive. It looks just like a demo - nice colorful gfx and again cool tune by Uwe Loos ! 8) Have you seen it?

If I remember right Ingo intended to develop for the Master System from Sega. Then I lost him out of sight and never saw him again :sad:  

Yes, you're right. The last and similar words about him I read in the "STARS DEMO" by another German coder - Karsten Schmidt (CSS).

Hi,

Weren't HighTechTeam doing own demos/ MegaMagazine or some Polish guys, Bewesoft from Czech, or even that team from Turkey(T.A.C.F.)?  What about HOBBY TRONIC megademo?  ;)

the truth is that the majority of people left the Atari 8-Bit scene in 1990 - at least in eastern Germany. So, there wasn't a market any longer for selling newly developed games to.

Most of the abandoned computers then went to eastern europe and may have caused a new and prospering Atari age :)

Maybe TGC was the first people that used so widely digitised music on Atari 8-bit. It was fantastic !

The Omen demo, for example, was quite impressing at its time. The people were sitting in front of the TV and couldn't believe what they heard. I still remember their amazed faces ...

Btw, Ingo mentioned Softsynth by Christian Nieber to be his main source of inspiration ...

Don't forget about their utility (copy-program alike) for XF-551 diskdrive. It looks just like a demo - nice colorful gfx and again cool tune by Uwe Loos !  8)   Have you seen it?

NO! Never seen :ponder: :arrow: I want it!!!

André

me, too... let's post the copy program...

CSS... just remembering Copy Service Stuttgart with the minimalistic cracktros (big PM's forming C, S, S)

check out this:

http://www.nacht-wandler.de/interviews/ste...eckbrief_nc.htm

then i found this about uwe

http://www.nacht-wandler.de/interviews/nc.htm

http://www.new-concept.net/

http://www.chainsaw-beats.de/where.html?/c..._newconcept.htm

so... as it seems he is still doing music... and he started with atari!

CSS... just remembering Copy Service Stuttgart with the minimalistic cracktros (big PM's forming C, S, S)

know it too, but take a look at mentioned "STARS" demo or at least

HALLE PROJECT demo where he was one of the founders....

BY THE WAY - CSS = Chip Special Software .... Check it out as well !

post-3920-1087250641_thumb.jpg

sorry dracon... the music was definitly used in abbuc intro... which i have mentioned some months ago somewhere here when i discoverd in the abbuc archive my old intros & games...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ght=abbuc+title

it's titel28.xex in the archive but titel25 is killer as well...

• 1 year later...