IGNORED

Tronman!! Wanna Help??

neotokeo2001

If no one has any designs for food sprites, then I will just call it a final with the sprites I have now.

Tronman Cartridge List:

Atari Charles

Jay Maynard (Tron Guy)

Atari Troll ?? Any Food Sprites ??

Neotokeo2001

Final Cartridge Label will be complete by this weekend. I am planning something special for this cart. Cartridge will be completed sometime in the next 3-4 weeks (Depending on Finances and Packrats schedule).

Neo I really have to compliment you on this one. There was no reason the change any food sprites that you had created. This game kicks ass with what you have hacked on it. So I apologize but your food sprites would be hard to beat in this one. Look forward to a label! Cheers dude 8)

Neo I really have to compliment you on this one. There was no reason the change any food sprites that you had created. This game kicks ass with what you have hacked on it. So I apologize but your food sprites would be hard to beat in this one. Look forward to a label! Cheers dude 8)

Yeah, But without a Food Sprite you don't get a cart. :sad:

The game will come in a Blue Clear Cart with some type of LED lights inside. Still discussing it with Packrat. Still working on a label.

Yeah, But without a Food Sprite you don't get a cart.  :sad:  

Shoot...I wish I saw the topic earlier... :sad:

Taz (Which I currently hacking..... :roll: ) Has some desent food sprites:

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...wareLabelID=944

Hamburger

Root Beer

Ice Cream Cone

Fudgesicle

Apple Core

Turnip

Tomato

Sundae

Sprite info is in between: 0c19 - 0d13 when using HOMII with the Taz Bin...

Yeah, But without a Food Sprite you don't get a cart.  :sad:  

Shoot...I wish I saw the topic earlier... :sad:

Taz (Which I currently hacking..... :roll: ) Has some desent food sprites:

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...wareLabelID=944

Hamburger

Root Beer

Ice Cream Cone

Fudgesicle

Apple Core

Turnip

Tomato

Sundae

Sprite info is in between: 0c19 - 0d13 when using HOMII with the Taz Bin...

The only problem with the Taz sprites is that they are multi-colored. A Hamburger looks good in multi-color, but make it a single color and it looks like a fat frisbee. :D

I'll take a look at the other sprites in Taz and see if anything works.

is there a FINAL BIN for this and what is it a hack of?

You may have said, but I think I missed it.

The posted WIP BIN will be the Final BIN. This is a hack of Fast Eddie.

People who will be getting Tronman Cartridges:

Tronman Cartridge List:

Atari Charles

Jay Maynard (Tron Guy)

Atari Troll

Neotokeo2001

This is going to be a special cartridge. I won't go into details, but wait untill you see it!

:ponder:

• 3 weeks later...
I'll definitely buy one. this is awesome, and being i'm a big fan of tron, that makes this even better.

Right now there are only 4 cartridges being made. I will post some pictures when I recieve them so everybody can see what they look like. If there is enough interest, then I will have a small run of carts made for other people.

I'll definitely buy one. this is awesome, and being i'm a big fan of tron, that makes this even better.

Right now there are only 4 cartridges being made. I will post some pictures when I recieve them so everybody can see what they look like. If there is enough interest, then I will have a small run of carts made for other people.

Put me on the list

Due to price and other issues, I have decided not to release Tronman on cartridge. Sorry to everyone who wanted one. Now the really bad news....

The 4 Tronman carts that are being produced will not be distributed or sold. This was decided based mainly on the price of the carts. At this time I can't afford sending out free carts.

Any questions? You can e-mail me below.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just spent way too long reading this topic from beginning to end... you have to keep the big pic of Tron Guy on the green 3D grid! Maybe you could put the smaller pixelized sprites next to the name where you have his real pic at now? JMO... as I think the picture is what makes the game fun/funny in the first place. The hack looks very well done too, there is no way I would have ever recognized that game. I'm going to download the bin right now!

-JD

I just spent way too long reading this topic from beginning to end... you have to keep the big pic of Tron Guy on the green 3D grid!  Maybe you could put the smaller pixelized sprites next to the name where you have his real pic at now?  JMO... as I think the picture is what makes the game fun/funny in the first place.  The hack looks very well done too, there is no way I would have ever recognized that game.  I'm going to download the bin right now!  

-JD

I'll work a bigger picture of him back onto the label. I had thought of dropping the Tron-Guy idea and making a straight Tron game. I have put that on the back burner for now. I'll post a new label tonight. If any artist out there want to give it a shot.... :D

That might work... you could even make the Tron Guy some kind of hidden easter egg or something. In fact, I think TronGuy should either be an element or hidden easter egg in all new homebrews from now on! For example, instead of a referee in the dodgeball game I'm working on, I could just have Tron-Guy! Instead of being a balloon or little fish, you could at some point in the game turn into...who else?! Tron Guy, of course!

-JD

*just got a nasty image in head of Tron Guy as a mermaid... err... merman. I no longer think this is a good idea!* :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: